What Cars does everyone drive?? (1 Viewer)

Jiga

Not meaning to knock Commodore drivers but from what I've seen (and what I think)- not that many kids drive them unless it's their parents. Could be wrong; but just my guess.
Ah not really, I kno heaps of people with that year model Commodore, I would say they are quite popular.... and not many families would have them now because they are 11 years old and guzzle petrol so that thing about 'parents cars' I find hard to believe, whereas those characteristics make it ideal for younger drivers (Cheap Cheap Cheap!)

PS. I dont own a Commodore.

nit

HSC
Originally posted by Pace_T
nice. how much $?
well we picked it up at 25.5K, which is a good deal, considering the car is actually about 30-31K driveaway, calculated directly from the rrp of 24990 for the lx manual.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Komit said:
Mazda 3 SP23.

Excellent machine.
Agreed!

Uhhh its not mine but I drive (soon to be on Ps) a Mitsubishi Lancer.
2000, the model with the spoiler [whatever] - all I care for is that its a manual car.

misstinytot

HSC
VSAcclaim said:
wow, i'm surprised at the lack of commodore owners...
Yeah, me too... I was thinking the same thing just as I came across your post.

I drive a Commodore....an 85 VK Calais...And there is a lot of young people who own Commodores..but usually the older one's such as VK's and VL's ...well around the mid to late 80's anyway..

bellydancer

HSC
2000 hyandai accent
white
and i filled the interoir with fake fur, hot pink and embroided silver stars
seat covers, wheel cover, belt cover and pink fluffy dice

nit

HSC
The yaris sedan looks pretty cool I reckon - and it's got a fair few features for the price...the "clever" car

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i reckon the Yaris sedan looks way better than the hatch.
i want a new Focus hatch but can't afford one or any car for that matter. might settle for a V6 Camry since i love our family's one.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I really liked the Yaris- if I was in the market for a smaller car and/or on a budget of $20k, I'd definitely go for it. The build quality was amazing, the layout and dash were beautifully fit together, and on the whole, I was most impressed. The only thing stopping me was it was too small- if the Corolla had this sort of quality and sophistication I would have definitely considered it.

Btw, the Focus, has a great engine, dodgy tiptronic, but worse than this- build quality (even the demo model was a shocker) and the lack of lockable doors.

nit

HSC
Lack of lockable doors? LX,Zetec and Ghia all have remote central locking - central locking works from both passenger and driver's side too!

The greatest omissions from the Focus range are curtain airbags (only on the XR5 turbo) and also ESC. Apart from that, they've got most things. Yeh I've heard some dodgy things about some focuses out of Pretoria. So far, I haven't discovered anything dodgy about our Focus, which is a good sign I guess.

The sedan surely looks way better than the Focus hatch? Personally I reckon the hatch looks quite ugly, compared to, say, the astra or golf.

pinoying

HSC
Hey guys, I drive a 96 VS commodore station wagon. Rice tail lights and all :p but hey, I enjoy it so who cares what people think. Here's some pics.. sorry about the size!

Started off with a VL commodore which was great fun also :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
nit said:
Lack of lockable doors? LX,Zetec and Ghia all have remote central locking - central locking works from both passenger and driver's side too!
I'm not sure if we're talking the same model (it's the current Ford Focus Sedan) but my father and I went to Ford (in Castle Hill) to test drive it; and when we asked how to lock the doors, they said you can use the remote central locking from the key, but that doesn't really count when you're inside driving :p ... I asked specifically 'what if we're driving through an unsafe area and want to lock the doors?' and he said that was the only way. I remember looking around the interior and there were no locks on the doors (in the front at least) of the sedan.

It was one of the main reasons we didn't get it- the build quality, whilst not that great, was sufficient- but the lack of ease in locking the doors when driving was a serious safety concern.

Last edited:

nit

HSC
Hmm, we're definitely talking about the LS focus. Maybe you test drove the CL, but the others in the range all have locks on the doors, with central locking from the passenger's and driver's side. The locking of the car is a bit dodgy on the focus though in some other respects - as long as the doors are unlocked, the boot can be opened, as well as the fuel lid and cap.

The major problems with the focus are nvh levels and the fact that the auto is probably missing an extra gear, but that's not a huge issue in the running-in period at least :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure which model it was- but it was about $23k driveaway (after heavy discounts) and was the mid-range model. By any chance do you have a Focus?- and if so, could you please take a photo of the door locks/switches?

I really can't recall seeing anything which was either a door lock or a indicator of if the door was locked- and I distinctly remember asking the salesman about it and he said that when driving, the car remains unlocked. Either that, or things have improved since we test drove it (about Feb this year?).

nit

HSC
Yep, I've got a Focus LX, i.e. the mid-range model. The Focus range hasn't had any facelifts or update as yet, since it came out mid last year, so that car you test drove should have had central locking. The CL, base model, costs $20,990 plus on-roads for the manual, and extra $2000 for the automatic, so I'm assuming that that's the model you drove. The LX costs $24,990 plus on-roads for the manual.

I'll upload a pic of the locks soon.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
So you're saying the Astra and Golf look good? Because to me that couldn't be farther from the truth. I like the hatch because it's a great mix of straight conversative lines with a nicely curved rear. I love the placement of the tail lights and how big it looks. The headlights are similar to my Camry V6 ( the last Vienta looking one ) which I also love. I'm going for the Focus purely on looks and the fact that not many people agree with it as opposed to the Mazda 3 which is also a hot car but too many people want it. I would go with the Civic but I really hate the tail lights and too many fobs go for Civics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)