What Cars does everyone drive?? (2 Viewers)

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
my car is hott business

1989 Peugeot 405 - except mine has an electric sunroof. and alloys. and leather seats. and aircon.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
7th Sign said:
seremify007 - 2 door 2006 civic is better...should ahve got that...can u get it in aus?

liek that one
Nup. Australia got only one body style (or whatever you call it)- the 4 door. Despite wanting a 2 door car before, after giving lifts to quite a few people, and also when carrying stuff, I'm beginning to appreciate the 4 doors. Sure it's not as nice looking as a 2 door, but it sure as hell is convenient.

Pace_T

HSC
seremify007 said:
Nup. Australia got only one body style (or whatever you call it)- the 4 door. Despite wanting a 2 door car before, after giving lifts to quite a few people, and also when carrying stuff, I'm beginning to appreciate the 4 doors. Sure it's not as nice looking as a 2 door, but it sure as hell is convenient.
yes us ppl who have coupes know very well about the disadvantages of just the two doors. when u actually have to put up with the 2 door car for a while then it can get really annoying
didnt stop me tho. 4 door in my car looks gay

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha.. 4 doors looks crap on a lot of cars, and 2 door models almost always look better. But then, in hindsight, I appreciate my lack of coolness (ie. 4 door) with the convenience it has afforded me.

Btw in your experience with 2 door cars, how do you find the mechanism to move the seat forward so people can get into the rear? That was one thing which concerned me about the Astra- it didn't feel... solid (and I feared it would snap off if one of my dickhead friends pulled too hard). But then... even the BMW one I didn't really like using- never got used to it.

Pace_T

HSC
Yeah it's annoying to move the seat forward and back. luckily its never me who has to do it coz i get to go in the drivers seat :p
besides, 2 door isn't that bad for me, coz most of the time there's no more than 2 ppl in it. could have gotten 2 seater lol.
but i spose for ppl who have like 3 or 4 ppl i nthe car on many occaisons it can get pretty annoying

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My initial concern would be if it was raining and I had to pick people up to get in the back... it would be a pain in the ass to get the seat moving, and that's assuming they could figure out how to use the latch (it's not as straightforward as one would assume!).

7th Sign

HSC
lol 2 doors are soo much hotter then 4 doors...if u got them you know how to let ppl in quick into tha back...

also it hardley ever rains in australia lol...

Pace_T

HSC
seremify007 said:
My initial concern would be if it was raining and I had to pick people up to get in the back... it would be a pain in the ass to get the seat moving, and that's assuming they could figure out how to use the latch (it's not as straightforward as one would assume!).
ye good point
but im like a lot of other ppl my age
i dont really give a shit abou tthe problems that it'll cause ill end up choosing it if it looks better lol

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
i gotsa 95 twin cam corolla wi' da glass breaking exhaust at 2k RPMs. if you've ever heard a sad guy driving at 40 just to deafen people at shopping centers and he is in a corolla it might be me. cant give you a colour atm, cos i'm thinking of painting it black with two red lines down the middle. would that look mean or what?

or i could make it look like this for about $1K

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
7th Sign said:
lol 2 doors are soo much hotter then 4 doors...if u got them you know how to let ppl in quick into tha back...

also it hardley ever rains in australia lol...
LOL drought.

But it always happens to rain at bad times.

And veterandoggy, the pic don't load for me :(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Driving my parents' old Camry. I really wanna get a car of my own. Need money!

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
I just got rid of the old 244 for an '89 Peugeot 405 Mi16. Really cheap, so that was nice. 108kW out of a 1.9L engine in the late 80s is quite respectable.

XiL3D

HSC
N/A
'88 Celica SX twin cam - stock bar exhaust. Dont let the hairdresser stereotype fool you, it was fast enough to put my mates calais to shame :D... also as of 2 days ago has hectic bass :)

VSAcclaim

HSC
wow, i'm surprised at the lack of commodore owners...

i have a 95 VS Acclaim...pretty stock except for the VT clubby rims and pioneer gear...and i painted the engine cover and stuff for fun...and replaced the ghey interior light with blue LEDs, it's sweet as.
i'm trying to keep it looking pretty simple on the outside, cos a P plater out here in a commodore means one thing, hooning, lol and we live up to it, lol...ah well, enjoy ur ricers everyone...rear wheel drivers have more fun, haha. nah i respect wat ppl drive as long as they respect wat i drive...

Legham

HSC
I don't have my own car yet, cause im only on my L's. But, i drive any of my parents cars. They have a 2001 BMW 318i Executive (for sale, someone buy it), a 2003 Audi A4 Avant Stationwagon, and a 2005 Volkswagen Passat Stationwagon. The Audi is by far my favourite, cause its so much more powerful than the rest :D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
VSAcclaim said:
wow, i'm surprised at the lack of commodore owners...

i have a 95 VS Acclaim...pretty stock except for the VT clubby rims and pioneer gear...and i painted the engine cover and stuff for fun...and replaced the ghey interior light with blue LEDs, it's sweet as.
i'm trying to keep it looking pretty simple on the outside, cos a P plater out here in a commodore means one thing, hooning, lol and we live up to it, lol...ah well, enjoy ur ricers everyone...rear wheel drivers have more fun, haha. nah i respect wat ppl drive as long as they respect wat i drive...
Not meaning to knock Commodore drivers but from what I've seen (and what I think)- not that many kids drive them unless it's their parents. Could be wrong; but just my guess.

MorganJayde

HSC
i drive a 2002 barina cabrio... its my little beast that i love to death... so much fun roof off in summer... mmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)