What casestudy r ppl doing in class? (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hahaha im not going to sound very intelligent myself :rolleyes:

What is a courtesan? sounds familiar but i truly dont have a clue :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
My gimp of a teacher picked an ancient history one (Thucydides) without giving us a choice. I'm annoyed.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Hmm, a coutesan is like, well, a mistress. To many men. But the really interesting thing is that because she was not part of acceptable society, and often was very wealthy, she could do whatever she damn well pleased, because she was not respectable. So, Im saying she because she was functioning out of normal society (but not ever really separate from it), she could be more influential than other women. Hmm, if you do Pericles, think Aspasia.

Princess Max

HSC
My class is doing the arrival of the british in Australia.....not fun. I suppose I should be excited and interested about learning about my national heritage and ancestory, but it all seems rather dull really.

LilSmacko

Smackhead
HSC
We are doing Elizabeth. I dont really like it though, I hate English history, I dont know why but I can just never warm to it. I wish we were doing Jesus that would have been awesome. Oh well. It is kind of good though just because our class is exactly half ancient half modern so it is a pretty happy compromise.

Eslyssa

HSC
We're going to be doing Elizabeth I, which I think is going to be good. I do both histories. We got to choose between her or JFK - 2 classes.

Besides, everyone chooses individually what to do for the essay, so it doesn't matter quite so much if you don't get the particular case study you want, right? ^_^

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
well, the case study is a major part of ext hist so if you get given crusades and u absolutely HATE medieval hist, that might reduce your interest abit...

Eslyssa

HSC
Very true - I hadn't thought of it like that.

I guess I'm lucky, then. Although, Elizabeth doesn't really fit with either modern or ancient. ^_^

stardom

yeh we are doing elizabeth the first. i reckon its pretty interesting.
hey just out of interest do u guys reckon that it makes a difference if u do ancient history but the case study ur doing for ext is modern? or vice versa?

Caratacus

HSC
N/A
It depends what case study and what topics you're doing in ancient. I think History Extension Case Study Tacitus goes really well with the Augustus and the Julio-Claudians Historical period option in ancient, and with personality Agrippina, and even Roman Society Augustus to Titus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)