What changes to your school would make year 12 easier? (1 Viewer)

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Is it not timetabling the free periods next to the music classroom where a beginner violinist is practising? Or would longer periods help? Would more resources make any difference, or maybe more computers?

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
i dont have ur problem, we have a set "study room" - doesnt change
i just want better teaching methods...some teachers have no idea

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
Just kick out all the douches..... then I can work.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fiSHtITS said:
Same. But that means I need to kick 90% of all my classmates. I mean....

let's make it 95%.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
they should just kick everybody out of my school except me, and the teachers.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
fiSHtITS said:
QFT. :)

That and better science classrooms (our science block is antique). :(

selablad

HSC
If they locked up all the year 7s and 8s until they became normal humans that'd be good...I don't like having them underfoot all the time :(

Especially at lunchtimes, when you go to the library for some quiet time to work on assignments and they're all sitting there yelling about what they're wearing to the next school dance or whatever they talk about...

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC
selablad said:
If they locked up all the year 7s and 8s until they became normal humans that'd be good...I don't like having them underfoot all the time :(
I know!

And at my school they have this tendency of just standing in the middle of footpaths and verandas when your trying to get to class. It's sooo annoying. :burn:

We also need to get a new careers advisor. She is a really big lostie.

HSC
turning our school into a year 10-12 high school and the school next door 7-9, so we don't have to deal with irritating juniors making noises outside the classroom and disturbing our learning.

not having firedrills. we've done it enough times over the junior years, we shouldn't have to waste time doing them again now.

have a computer lab rather than having computers in the library, so we don't get flooded with juniors in our free periods.

fiSHtITS said:
i second that.

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
misbahf said:
I know!

And at my school they have this tendency of just standing in the middle of footpaths and verandas when your trying to get to class. It's sooo annoying. :burn:

We also need to get a new careers advisor. She is a really big lostie.
Apparently, we have the best careers advisor in the state.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Yeah, a decent Careers Advisor would be good. Mine told me in 06 that I should do Work Experience at Target... Some ppl are just so helpful aren't they? (Haven't neen back since...)

Junior school doesn't bother me 2 much. I think it would b good if Y12 didn't hav 2 attend assembly tho

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
solomarc20 said:
Yeah, a decent Careers Advisor would be good. Mine told me in 06 that I should do Work Experience at Target... Some ppl are just so helpful aren't they? (Haven't neen back since...)
We dont even have a careers advisor. Our last one (who was pretty terrible anyway) was fired last year (or maybe she quit) and still hasnt been replaced, and the next best person for careers advice, the "dean of studies" is leaving at the end of the month.

At least we dont have the problem with year 7s and 8s. Our school has two campuses - a k-9 one and 10-12.

Foxodi

HSC
Already mentioned really;
1. Remove younglings or place them in a corner somewhere
2. Remove people who do not care or try
3. School provides private tutor for every subject per student? (lol no.)
4. Guys with batons in class's and library so I never procrastinate
5. Freedom to not turn up to totally pointless periods (software, business :D)
6. Option to work independently from class

jessyy

HSC
gettingrid of our arrogant principal would help alot.

his putting all the funding into fences and crap, when we really need toilets at our school and better textbooks and art stuff.

he took all our art funding to buy digital cameras to take on the kokoda track excursion he had, and we cant even use them!

(note public schools arnt allowed to do the kokoda track, so he used all the funding from the school but then said it wasnt a school based excursion. fuckwit)

jessyy

HSC
i wish our old deputy was our principal, he is awesome!!
our old principal worked hard to get rid of all the dirt at our school, as soon as we got a new principal there is fights everyday, disrespectful younger kids(hate to be racist but they are all black) and everyone is just sick of it.

small rurual towns suck.

Foxodi

HSC
jessyy said:
gettingrid of our arrogant principal would help alot.

his putting all the funding into fences and crap, when we really need toilets at our school and better textbooks and art stuff.

he took all our art funding to buy digital cameras to take on the kokoda track excursion he had, and we cant even use them!

(note public schools arnt allowed to do the kokoda track, so he used all the funding from the school but then said it wasnt a school based excursion. fuckwit)
Wait what, you don't have toilets? I swear thats illegal.

4unitfreak

HSC
A maths department that knows what 'continuity' means. I wonder if they've realised that when the grade average goes from 35% to 74% to 42%, there's something wrong with the way the test's written? There's no way our entire year is THAT co-ordinated.

No juniors. This lot have no respect, honestly. Rule 1: Juniors DO NOT attempt to shove seniors out of their way. (results could be fatal)

I think that in Phys, Chem and Bio we should be able to choose which option we do. I don't do Bio, but for our grade in Physics we're doing Quanta to Quarks (which makes me feel like jumping off the top of the science labs) and for Chemistry we're doing the Shipwrecks one. The options are really hard to do when they focus on a student's weakness (which both of these ones do for me). We should have the option to choose the option, seriously.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
im pretty happy with my school. we get to go off at lunchtimes to maccas or whatever (until someone screws it up by being dumb), and we dont have structured free periods (like we can laze about outside or go home). but those bloody juniors... they're getting shorter and more annoying every year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)