• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What did you do all holidays? (1 Viewer)

h3ll h0und

HSC
revised first two modules of bio and chem (Half yearly exam first two weeks) + finished ext english speech + did tonnes of permutations and combinations and 3d Trig questions for my upcoming ext 1 maths assessment .... did almost nothing for physics cuz first module is soo easy/know the content pretty well

my motivation was my very very very low marks in my first few assessments (apart from maths :p )

studentcheese

HSC
Everyone goes on about "burning out". So, has anyone burnt out before? Please share your experiences. :D

studentcheese

HSC
Today: Did three Maths past papers. Will continue studying from past papers for the next few days and then I'll move onto studying other subjects. I tend to study a subject over a few days.

samthebear

HSC
Everyone goes on about "burning out". So, has anyone burnt out before? Please share your experiences. :D
this seems abit off topic, pretty sure there's a thread out there that deals with this but anyway;
yes i've burnt out before and in year 11. i havent since year 12 started (which is good) but had a massive burn out in yr 11, learnt from my mistakes then and i'm not burning out now =]

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I tend to vary my work, i.e. do maths for an hour, then do english for an hour, then do eco for an hour, etc. so I get a lot of work done and don't get bored.

fully223

HSC
I tend to vary my work, i.e. do maths for an hour, then do english for an hour, then do eco for an hour, etc. so I get a lot of work done and don't get bored.
I'm surprised you haven't caught the I'm on holidays cbf syndrome most of us experience.

bby

HSC
didnt do anything.. omg...................... SOOOO going to have my internet disconnected this term

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Naaw I haven't done enough either, but I feel a bit better about it after reading all these posts.
I did a bit of maths, summarised bio, read 1984... a bit of chem homework..

And un school related, worked a bit (all public holidays :D), went to the easter show, saw a movie, went to a couple of parties/gatherings...
So a good balance.
I feel like I didnt waste too much of my holidays lazing around at home.

But for homework...
I'm going to spend all day today and tomorrow doing it.

Daaaymn, I want 1 more week.

marak92

HSC
i dunno if anyone else feels the same way but i really want to go back to school cause even though i have exams in week 2/3, the suspense of waiting around for the stress and anxiety i am going to suffer due to exams is killing me! im a stress head any way so its kinda inevitable that it will get to me..and we're only in half yearly prelims...what the hell!?

:mad1:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lol I took on all of your approaches during prelims, did nothing at all, now I regret it, if you start studying now, you can carry the momentum throughout the hsc, instead of stressing out and pulling out all-nighters the night before exams/assesments due, something thats becoming increasingly regular for me :mad1:

speedofsound

HSC
Sounds like what I've done. I've got some cram to do though. Cramming is fun! (on rare occasions) >.>
Yeah, same. I've studied a little, but not much. I feel very unproductive just studying little bits of information over a long period of time. When there's pressure to remember something in the matter of days (or hours :D), I tend to remember more. Plus, increased motivation due to the proximity of examinations helps.

I'll try not to do that come term 4, though. Honestly.

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)