What do employers think of UWS? (2 Viewers)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Kally17 said:
Not everything about getting a job is academic. When you've finished your degree at UWS, essentially it comes down to your interview skills, inter-personal skills and your experience and the bit of paper, that is your degree, is the back up of your skills. What good is it going to any university and applying for a job, without being able to work in a team and communicate with others effectively?
Umm.. this has been addressed already. Nobody is saying that your academic record or university is the only consideration.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
bearpooh said:
Macquarie is on the north shore.
Admittedly, Mac is nearly as bad as UWS.

UNSW is in the Eastern suburbs.
Your an idiot. Macquarie is in the Northern Districts. Eastwood/Marsfield is not on the North Shore.

santaslayer

HSC
If you talk to employers of large law firms (or an firm for that matter), you aren't going to expect them to spit the 'real' answer out. The 'real' answer isn't a very smart answer and does not allow freedom of choice for them. It also makes them look and sound shit as a potential employer.

The more accurate answers usually come from employers who are actually related to you in some way. Friend, cousin, family members. Asking over a telephone or interview does jackshit IMO.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
My history teacher said if she didn't get into Macquarie, USyd or UNSW she wouldn't have bothered going to uni at all. Talk about snobbery.
For the record she did a teaching degree at USyd.

L

LaraB

basketcase89 said:
My history teacher said if she didn't get into Macquarie, USyd or UNSW she wouldn't have bothered going to uni at all. Talk about snobbery.
For the record she did a teaching degree at USyd.
lol i can see her point if she does teaching - my mum's a teacher and she often has student teachers that she has to 'mark' and she always whinges about UWS - not because the course is bad but because their admin is bad. Some teachers are so shitted off with the admin inadequacy that they refuse to take UWS students.

but that said - plenty get good jobs, espec since teaching if ur in teh public system, its not like you can pick and choose the best school and go suck up to em to get a job there coz it's based on if you got any special areas eg G&T or music or science or whatever, and where you wanna teach as in suburbs.

lol mac.unsw,usyd - lol - left out one of the BEST unis for teaching lol - UNE... seems like they're regarded as one of the best just logistically not the greatest.... teaching is the most awesome in a way - guaranteed 1st yr out decent salary and i mean, long as you're not picky about where you wanna teach and all that you'll get a job i don't think saying you wouldn't' bother going to uni is a good idea :p... unlike a lot of other careers lol with like a fab $35k salary 1st yr out lol if that.... :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
All I know is that when I think of UWS, I picture bogans and lebs. Oh and a retarded leb girl im friends with goes there too.
You are correct, but the other option is asian-superfreaks and curries?
The people at UWS are all nice, as i'm sure the people at most uni's are.

L

LaraB

politik said:
God that's why I dread doing Eng at UNSW. Curries and Asians everywhere.

Dont you just love how anyone white can say whatever he wants about other races now?

Makes me proud to be an illegal alien.
haha lol :p

i have the problem of being a halfy lol n coz no one ever guesses just lookin at me what natio i am i'm bound to get abused by some group for being 'racist' even when i'm talking bout my own relos :rolleyes:

ps - random comment - my bro may be doin eng at unsw next year

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LaraB said:

i have the problem of being a halfy lol n coz no one ever guesses just lookin at me what natio i am i'm bound to get abused by some group for being 'racist' even when i'm talking bout my own relos :rolleyes:

ps - random comment - my bro may be doin eng at unsw next year
I'm a half too but u wldnt guess by the way I look! You going to D day??? I am :D

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
LaraB said:

Your nationality is Australian. Please don't get culture, race and nationality confused. They are are different concepts.

Last edited:
L

LaraB

erawamai said:
Your nationality is Australian. Please dont get culture, race and nationality confused. there are different concepts.
get over it - everyone knows what i meant...

L

LaraB

melsc said:
I'm a half too but u wldnt guess by the way I look! You going to D day??? I am :D
oh - how'd u go in UAI? you lookin like being at UWS next year?

nah - not gonan be at D Day - i think they hire people to go for that rather than just volunteers... i'm gonna be working:) got a job for teh summer at Legal Aid NSW Criminal Appeals Division :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LaraB said:
oh - how'd u go in UAI? you lookin like being at UWS next year?

nah - not gonan be at D Day - i think they hire people to go for that rather than just volunteers... i'm gonna be working:) got a job for teh summer at Legal Aid NSW Criminal Appeals Division :)
94 so I think I should be right...I hope

Sounds like such a cool job!

L

LaraB

melsc said:
94 so I think I should be right...I hope

Sounds like such a cool job!
ooh congrats!

i seriously doubt the cut off will go up above that:)

if you applied for any scholarships you may get one too coz people got them in my year with like...92's at the lowest end...:)

yeah - its an awesome job - $800 a week too which is awesome - maybe i should email my crim lecturer n thank her lol coz its her friend n he mentioned needing summer staff to her and she emailed some of us which was really nice of her

my 'boss' said i'll get to meet the "best criminals" - in other words, the really bad ones who wanna get out before ny :p

L

LaraB

melsc said:
LOL I did work experience for legal aid...I hope they dont make u file...thats basically what I did all week

Damn I want a job like that
hehe nah - coz i'm working for a specific division - criminal appeals - so i do more specific stuff..

basically its paralegal-ish type work rather than like....filing n running errands n all that n coz im a uni student n they know i'm considering working for legal aid when i eventually graduate lol they're letting me go 2 court with them for a couple of days but i'll still be being paid as if i was in the offices working :)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
LaraB said:
hehe nah - coz i'm working for a specific division - criminal appeals - so i do more specific stuff..

basically its paralegal-ish type work rather than like....filing n running errands n all that n coz im a uni student n they know i'm considering working for legal aid when i eventually graduate lol they're letting me go 2 court with them for a couple of days but i'll still be being paid as if i was in the offices working :)
That's awesome.
If you are planning to do criminal law when you graduate, are you more interested in prosecution or Legal Aid?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)