What do you hate about USyd (1 Viewer)

jannny

HSC
Gay people advertising through writing/drawing at carslaw bottom floor male toilets. It's making me gay!!

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Usyd is pretty awesome overall :D. Hate the carslaw toilets though, only use them in the rare event that in the space between wentworth and fisher (both of which have decent toilets) I suddenly feel the urgent need to go RIGHT NOW.

Also not really a fan of the weird pavement they have around fisher/eastern avenue now, its ankle twisty. And the "covering" over the footbridge?? What is with that, it does nothing lol. Oh and the bosch building just because it seems to take forever to get to it from wherever you are.

But yeah not much to hate, we pretty much go to the best uni ever

04er

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
And the "covering" over the footbridge?? What is with that, it does nothing lol.
I agree, did they run out of money to complete it? Makes me wonder what was wrong with the old footbridge, and why we needed this 'new' one.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I think it's meant to be all angley and attention grabbing and fitting in with USyd Central.

Stupid architecture all round imo.

lala2

Banned
HSC
- Wentworth Footbridge non-complete roofing as people have said before
- Carslaw toilets
- Bosch as it's so far away from everything...and I spend 24/7 in here no kidding...ALL my lectures for all subjects for the past two years have been in here
- Cobblestones regardless of where they are--so ankle twisting!
- Sydney Central in general--doesn't match up!
- SciTech library--open plan so the noise carries through. Who thought of putting tables in between shelves? That means the source of noise is dispersed throughout--in front, out the back and in between the shelves! Though I like the fact they have tons of computers--now no-one can complain!
- The fact there's no substantial shade on Eastern Avenue--I know it's impossible to plant trees in the middle of the concert walkway but I liked the big trees that used to line where the road was so there was some shade. Couldn't they have planted a few more trees, at least on the chemistry side?
- Law building--hopefully this is nowhere near the final state because it looks like a few pieces of concrete and glass cobbled together.

Hikari Clover--I think you mean you hate having only one toilet per floor at Fisher at research stack? Cos the view from them is awesome! Yeah, I have a few gripes but uni is awesome!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
The fact that HK Gym is so far away from Redfern station. -_-

GG to carrying 10-12kg's of equipment to the hk gym from redfern.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
that venezuela-cuba thing that just started annoys the crap out of me.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Martyno1 said:
that venezuela-cuba thing that just started annoys the crap out of me.
yeah

you cant own a computer in cuba

anyone who supports that shit is just stupid

Shaking Paper

HSC
I hate when you're scanning library shelves and the codes skip over the one book you're looking for (which is neither borrowed out or on the sorting shelves).
I hate heavy books being requested the afternoon you borrow them and lug them home.
Only one toilet per floor, at certain times of the day you get parking-lot style sharks hanging around within eye-shot of the door... and there's always urine on the seat.

I also hate units where assessments are all clustered around the final weeks of semester (especially as I'm not the sort able to be motivated to complete them early).
And units that mark your attendance at both lectures and tutorials, and even then have no attendance/participation mark.

04er

HSC
I hate fisher because they never have the book I want, and even if they do, it's not on the shelf. I don't even bother checking anymore.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
You know what i hate, you USyd scums plagarising my thread.

Addictd2

HSC
- How there's nothing good to eat at Wentworth.
- Carslaw, Chem and Quad lecture theatres.
- The isolation of Bosch and how classes there are always scheduled right after one in Carslaw.
- The stupid fake "cobblestones" and how they make me feel unbalanced.
- The lack of computers in SciTech even though there are say 200 of them.
- The furniture used in SciTech, a conventional padded swivel chair would just do me fine than those ergonomic designs.
- META center has no reception :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)