What do you hate about USyd (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
It's uni. What do you expect? It's not hard to reference properly
i expect the lecturer to believe me when i wrote my 20 000 word thesis with not one reference!!!!!!!! omg

people who don't/can't reference (when theres programmes like bibtex and endnote that do it for you) should just drop out of uni right now

44Ronin

HSC
I hate the extremely slow proxies to JSTOR.

15+ minutes to load up a single PDF.

:burn: USYD ICT fails again.......can they get anything right?

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
All that construction work. It's just endless and all over the place at every hour and so on.

The timetable unit thing. Got a tutorial at 5 PM, tried to change it around, it's replaced with a 9 AM one. Can't win!

The difficulty in making friends. Or maybe that's just my problem. I have no friends there.

How I'm asked all the time if I have my member card and having to say No every time and feel like I'm supposed to be guilty about it.

On election day when all those people chase you to vote for them. FUCK OFF I JUST WANT TO RETURN MY BOOKZ!

The Merewether building. Yuck, it's like going to a morgue. The Bosch building is even worse. The Macrobiology building (is that its name? That brown concrete brutalist one?) is another hideous piece of architecture.

Also waiting for a computer and clearly seeing people that haven't waited in line sneakily get on a computer thinking that no one in the line noticed, but because everyone is scared of confrontation, we say nothing. :mad1:

jassono

HSC
Compared to the 83page thread at unsw, seems to me that usyd is pretty awesome :D

Bummmpppp

Last edited:

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I love the uni and have high hopes of getting in there come the 20th...

The only thing I hate is the fact that subway still hasn't opened in the new student building... God, I don't even go there yet and it's annoying!!! I saw that sign January last year and it was still there just a few weeks ago! When I first saw it, I took it as a sign since it was so close to the Architectural building... Maybe in the 6 or so years I spend at Uni, I will actually get to use it hehe.

I love everything else though :D So far... hehe

amber44

HSC
I love everything else though :D So far... hehe
You love the image, the presitge of the University. Believe me, once you start going, there will be a ton of things to hate about Sydney University.

rx34

HSC
If I get in USyd, I'll promise to love it till forever :) Honestly, the antagonizing wait for UAC offers is killing me. Thank goodness it's only a few more days.

rx34

HSC
What have you applied for rx34?
Combined law and Commerce at USyd. I didn't apply for UNSW because I'm too in love with USyd. I even got my residential college accommodation sorted out at USyd :) How's pharm? Making any crazy concoctions?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Haha good luck, I hope you get in. Congrats on getting the accomodation sorted out--where will you be staying? Pharm's all good, no crazy concoctions now that I've finished but the other day at work I had to weigh out 6 lots of 30g of urea (powder) and squish that into six 30mL bottles. That was some headache :rolleyes:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Getting off at Redfern and the old buildings. fml if I don't get my course from UNSW and I have to go to USYD.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I went to see the Cumbo campus the other day.
I hate Lidcombe.
And I hope to gosherz that I don't need to come home (for some unknown reason) really late at night; Rookwood Cemetery is a little daunting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)