What do you have to do to get a state ranking? (1 Viewer)

araboy

HSC
Do you have to have performed in your Assessment mark? or does it come specifically from the HSC exams?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Combination of both. :p

I had state-rank equivalents for MX1 and MX2 for internals, but 'stuffed up' externals.

For externals, I had state rank equivalents for English and Chemistry, but relatively 'stuffed up' internals.

araboy

HSC
Well, i came 7/77 for general maths, i think. And i wanna know what ill have to do to potentially qualify.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
100% in the exam.
To the guy coming 7th, you have no hope.

Badberries

HSC
Hmm hope I'm in the running. I find it easy as shit I should have done higher level math :(

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Combination of both. :p

I had state-rank equivalents for MX1 and MX2 for internals, but 'stuffed up' externals.

For externals, I had state rank equivalents for English and Chemistry, but relatively 'stuffed up' internals.
lolol if you claimed misadventure somehow you could have had four state ranks

oh and same here, last year my mx1 internal was 50 but my external was 48 fml (i came first in my cohort, dude who came second got state rank)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Harsh as that statement is, its true. To get state rank you need MINIMUM 95percent RAW mark in your HSC exam.
I'd say 98%+ in general. It's so easy that a bunch of people around the state will get 98%+

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Harsh as that statement is, its true. To get state rank you need MINIMUM 95percent RAW mark in your HSC exam.
Not necessarily. If I had got 90% (or even slightly less) raw in 4U Maths, I would've received a state rank.

Inclined to agree for everything else though.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
lolol if you claimed misadventure somehow you could have had four state ranks

oh and same here, last year my mx1 internal was 50 but my external was 48 fml (i came first in my cohort, dude who came second got state rank)
lol unlucky man. u were so close.

Kamal15

HSC
The easiest way to a state rank is to rank first in your school, regardless of what your internal mark is. The highest assessment mark awarded for your HSC in your school will be based on the highest examination mark. So if you are first in your school, you decide your own assesment and HSC mark based on what you manage in the examination. That said it is possible to attain a state rank with an internal rank other than first, its just harder.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
The easiest way to a state rank is to rank first in your school, regardless of what your internal mark is. The highest assessment mark awarded for your HSC in your school will be based on the highest examination mark. So if you are first in your school, you decide your own assesment and HSC mark based on what you manage in the examination. That said it is possible to attain a state rank with an internal rank other than first, its just harder.
+1, great advice from a previous state ranker :p. Do really well internally (rank first), then the external examinations are all up to you. :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Not necessarily. If I had got 90% (or even slightly less) raw in 4U Maths, I would've received a state rank.

Inclined to agree for everything else though.
Let it be noted we're talking about general.

eshayyz

HSC
i am currently ranked 1st in gen maths with internal mark of 94, any hope of getting a state ranking?

jessxxxr

HSC
oh wow this thread has given me hope, its nice to know that although im coming 2nd in ancient, there is still a possibility if i smash the exam, i could end up with a higher mark than first, although probably unlikely, but still! :)

M

MichelleV

I'd love to get a state rank in extension history. I did reallly well for our internal assessments, so hopefully that run will continue to the exam :D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
i am currently ranked 1st in gen maths with internal mark of 94, any hope of getting a state ranking?
Contingent upon how you (and your school) does in externals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)