What do you think of the HSC? (1 Viewer)

EvilRobotMan

HSC
Okay okay, forgive me, I wasn't attempting to create some negative rant as a means of letting me say how horrible I think this year is etc. (though for some I guess it would be), - For me the HSC is challenging but I like school fine. But the actual system of it all; we spent all this time in junior years doing pointless busy work that doesn't provide skills expected for HSC.
And then, we do so many assignments and then we have exams, I just feel like it would be more beneficial is regards to our LEARNING if we only had to do one of the two instead of being under this constant stress of getting good marks. I guess a lot of you are just chasing a UAI number, and that's an appropriate goal, but come on, can't the Uni's do their own entry exams and the Higher School Cert. be completely different?

Don't get it? Okay go back to your UAI calculators.

Woteva636

HSC
The HSC is unfortuantly life for a lot of us atm, which means we've gotta put our heads down and make the most of it.
I've been told 2nd term is the worst part of it, coz youve got heaps of assesments, sometimes half-yearlies, its a long term and the end is not yet in sight. i think i agree with it, although i wish it wasnt true.
Still, remember that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.
(for tunnel read HSC, for light read no more school)

unless of course that light is the train approaching...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
haha, thats what i'm beginning to think, i have no idea how i'm gonna be able to finish it
how about u finish half of it and i finish half

so we can send it together as namu + timothy

what a way to piss him off more

=)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
how about u finish half of it and i finish half

so we can send it together as namu + timothy

what a way to piss him off more

=)
haha nice, i haven't been doing any cosmo so i really have no idea what to do...
i think i'll just read some of the past assignments and see what i get from them...this is gonna be bad.

bored of sc

HSC
The teachers have a clever way of making us feel inadequately prepared (they mark hard and talk up the difficult of the final exam). So we end up doing more work and going better. It's annoying but it works.

I think the HSC is challenging and rewarding. And it is a justice system 99% of the time.

icebox

HSC
N/A
Haha...HSC examines people in all the wrong ways. The top students only get separated by not making careless mistakes throughout their assessments throughout the year.

sickk

HSC
true, but can anyone come up with a better way to rank students ?

i think its pretty fair, however whos to say doing well in 4u maths/physics/chem will make you a good doctor for instance?

what abotu someone that does well in 2u maths/ancient history/visual arts/geography etc. Willl they not have the same ability to be the same doctor?

the HSC does not asses you as a "person", merely as a "student"

I agree there needs to be a ranking system though for university entry, the UAI

edit: might have gone off HSC and onto UAI for most of this post.... still relevant i think :)

Last edited:

ascentyx

HSC
Lol mate 3 hours a day is inconceivable for most people. If you can't get 80+ for UAI in HSC and you studied, then there's something horribly wrong. 90+ is within most people's grasp with an hour of study daily.
not everyone is naturally smart.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Well the 4U/Phys/Chem combo is more related to medicine than Geography/VA are so that's why doing the subjects is better for med.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
peoples i know that this is a little off the topic but i have a slight problem:confused:

4 english standard we r doing belonging. One of ma related texts is a true story called "forbidden love" by Norma Khouri. But i've been hearing that this is a fake. Is this true?

i've researched everywhere but some site says yes and some say no.

does anyone know the reaaaaaaaaaaal answer please:)
As salamu alaykum

1. wrong forum

2. must u post in annoyingly hard-to-read colour

3. Norma Khouri turned out to be a fake; that wasn't the writer's real name. She was a Chicago housewife, probably of middle-eastern descent.

Last edited:

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
peoples i know that this is a little off the topic but i have a slight problem:confused:

4 english standard we r doing belonging. One of ma related texts is a true story called "forbidden love" by Norma Khouri. But i've been hearing that this is a fake. Is this true?

i've researched everywhere but some site says yes and some say no.

does anyone know the reaaaaaaaaaaal answer please:)

lol i read that book in year 7 or something
youre lucky youre doing it
i loved the book !
i plan to read it again after hsc
its soo sadd :(
but i dont know if its real or not either
just like you i did heaps of researching after i read it
apparently the chick just wrote it and made it up & others say that she is the friend of that girl ( sorry i forget the name, havent read it in a long time ) and they use evidence such as her residency to back that up, because shes been living in the US for a long time. I think thats what i read. But sorry since you wanted a response i thought id just give u a response =P i dont have an answer though. But if you find out let me know, i want to know too ! :D

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha...HSC examines people in all the wrong ways. The top students only get separated by not making careless mistakes throughout their assessments throughout the year.
which is why they're the top elite students because they dont make mistake.

Also they work hard and absorb the stuff in, where as others spend the whole year sleeping in class.

:rofl:

Kaatie

HSC
hey namu did the excessive amount of maths studying last year make you tired/affect your motivation for this year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)