What do you think you're going to get in SC? (1 Viewer)

cs01001

HSC
Kujah said:
Our schools bought our exams for Science, Maths and English from independent companies, and I'm sure most schools do this. History/Geography was made from our teachers, and it was quite easy.

However, our highest mark in english was only 82% :D
Yup, my school bought the paper for Sciecne and English... Science was damn hard... hoping for the best in teh SC.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Mark576 said:
Can someone please explain how the scaling for the SC works?
As explained before,
airie said:
What happens is that the committee decides what raw mark gets the borderline mark ie. 90, 80, 70 etc, and they assign a mark to you based on your raw mark on a linear scale. So for example, if your raw mark is half way between the raw mark that'll get you an aligned mark of 80 and one that'll get you 90, you'd get 85 as your aligned mark.

twilight1412

HSC
well if you think about it they give you plenty of time so i donno if they should scale ><

everyone had plenty of time left over at my skool

30mins minimum

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
Hoping for Band 6 in Maths, Science, Hist and Geo, but for English I will be happy with Band 5

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Does your ranking in the course, and your percentage affect what you're going to get in the SC?

Neurox

HSC
Ive done well in maths, science and geo throughout the year, hence i expect band 6s. History and english were ok, not too good, so expecting band 5s.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Kujah said:
Does your ranking in the course, and your percentage affect what you're going to get in the SC?
Not the marks you'll get for the SC exams (on record of achievement A - I think, or the other way around :p), but they should determine the grades that your school gives you (on record B).

IceOnFire

HSC
Aaahhh so happy about my SC English mark, got a 87 for it. :) (As you can obviously see from my excitment, I normally STINK at English)

LiiL

HSC
N/A
My aim: All Band 6's

I don't know how im going to achieve my goal seeing as though i have about what?..4 days to finish studying..(last minute cramming...quite typical)

the trials were pretty hard this year...im hoping ill do better in SC

any tips on studying or what to expect??

thanks guys

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Is it generally true that the School Certificate exams are easier than your school trials?

LiiL

HSC
N/A
I certainly hope they are easier...:)

Agywaggy

HSC
Kujah said:
Is it generally true that the School Certificate exams are easier than your school trials?
I found that in my trials were soo much harder than the actual SC exams! but "generally" speaking yes.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
English - Band 5-6
Maths - Band 6
Science - Band 6
Civics - Band 5-6
Computing - Band 6

That's how high my standards are =P

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hear Hear.

Edit: Do you guys know how you're going to do the Comp Test? (Pen & Paper, or Online)

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
That would depend on what your school decides. I did it on computer much easier.

Beege

HSC
lol when i did it last year, i thought i did shit in the maths one, but I got 74% (Band 4) lol

shinninggum

wormy_000
HSC
For English and Maths I want a Band 6, but the others Band 5 will be fine. Computing will be easy, I did last year's past paper and it's like general knowledge if you use the computer a lot like I do.

I go to a smart school and I'm NOT insanely smart, so I hope that doesn't effect that mark so much. But I wouldn't mind getting scaled up hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)