What do you think you're going to get in SC? (1 Viewer)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
See, I really did not try for the SC. At all. I mean, the closest thing I came to "studying" was going over what Keating did ten minutes before we had to enter the hall. Going to the school I do, it's all "Don't worry, you'd be able to get Band 6 with your eyes closed" under the assumption that because we're at selective, we'd actually study and put effort into it. But I didn't and now my results are going to reflect that. Hahaha. Oh well, I don't really give a shit. I plan on going into Year 11, so what does the SC matter to me anyway?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
Oh well, I don't really give a shit. I plan on going into Year 11, so what does the SC matter to me anyway?
hear hear :rofl:

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
d1arrh0eaz said:
haha i rekon i will get

e90/m96/s82/g94/h88/c95

;)
Haha you make some pretty good 'predictions' ;P
but congratulations, anyway! Those are some damn good marks!!

d1arrh0eaz

HSC
haha, science i got wtfggpwnd tho. i was also hoping band 6 for hist, but meh, better than that report rank of mid 130s of mine =)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
yeah. screw sc

OMFG LIKE EVERYONE I KNOW GOT ALL BAND 6's AND I DIDNT
/cut.

okay. stupid peer pressure. makes me wanna die. :(

i should be ashamed.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Good attitude :p

Last edited:

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
tamaranadine said:
I did well in my opinion, but I am still really upset that I got a band 4 for maths
I got a band 4 as well, but I'm happy coz that was the last Maths exam I ever have to do in my whole life!! Are you doing Maths next year tamaranadine?

& yeah peer pressure sucks. Sometimes when I come on this forum & read everyone's results I feel sooooo dumb. Like I got 4 band 6s & a high band 5 in addition to my band 4, & that's pretty good I guess. An overall average of 89. But I read Kujah's results & felt dumb as a post. Lol.

Oh well, i just tell myself that the next 2 years are what counts & i'm doing all the subjects i got band 6 for, so it'll be okay.:)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:
But I read Kujah's results & felt dumb as a post. Lol.
Lol, ty if that's a compliment :) Dw guys, its only the stupid SC, and i dont really give a stuff about the results anymore ;) its not like we're gonna use that for anything :p

fallenstar said:
Oh well, i just tell myself that the next 2 years are what counts & i'm doing all the subjects i got band 6 for, so it'll be okay.:)
yup, thats the spirit. HSC is what counts in our school life :)

Black Hawker

HSC
Kujah said:
Lol, ty if that's a compliment :) Dw guys, its only the stupid SC, and i dont really give a stuff about the results anymore ;) its not like we're gonna use that for anything :p
That's not entirely true. I believe universities will want to have a look at your School Certificate when you are applying for scholarships, cadetships etc in Year 12.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Maybe, but your HSC/UAI would be more important than your SC wouldnt it.

Black Hawker

HSC
Kujah said:
Maybe, but your HSC/UAI would be more important than your SC wouldnt it.
That would be a factor. But most scholarships and/or cadetships are offered before the HSC even starts - they offer to a person and if that person gets above a certain UAI they will get it etc...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hmm, but all I'm saying is that you shouldnt worry that much if you did less than expected in the SC.

Black Hawker

HSC
Kujah said:
Hmm, but all I'm saying is that you shouldnt worry that much if you did less than expected in the SC.
Yeah I know what you mean and I support what you say, but I still think it's pretty important in setting up your tertiary education...

PrettyVacant

HSC
Black Hawker said:
Yeah I know what you mean and I support what you say, but I still think it's pretty important in setting up your tertiary education...
Stop making me worried.

:(

I so badly at least one band 6 it's not funny. Or all of them...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Black Hawker said:
I still think it's pretty important in setting up your tertiary education...
Probably is.

PrettyVacant said:
Stop making me worried.

:(

I so badly at least one band 6 it's not funny. Or all of them...
lol, i thought i was gonna get a band 4 for english, but i got 97 :) Surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Hawker

HSC
Na, don't worry PrettyVacant. I was freaking so worry the night before, but after I got the results, I was pretty happy.

I thought I would get band 6 and do pretty good in history, but instead got 89 and a band 5 :p

Hey is the grade more important or is it the bands that are more important?

Black Hawker

HSC
Without Wings said:
Your HSC year is the main focus for these things, your SC is pretty irrelevant to tertiary instituations.
I'm not saying they will definitely use the SC, but I'm saying there might be a slight chance...but you would know more since you already been through the HSC, so I'll trust you then...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Correct me if im wrong, but I think an employer would find the bands to be more important.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)