What do you want to be when you grow up? Plans for after the HSC? (2 Viewers)

which uni?

• Total voters

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Re: UAI Countdown

76 for B. Science (Biotechnology/Medical/Biomedical) at University of Technology, Sydney. But my next preference after that is B. Science (Flexible) at UTS which is basically the same course, and needs only 73. Band 4's in chem, physics and maths will get me 5 bonus points, so really all I need is 68, and band 4's in maths/chem/physics.

iEdd

HSC

fallenstar said:
as for UAIs I'm not as stressed as for results, because results are generally a good indication of UAI. once I get past 6am Wed I should be fine divine.
Haha, you think like me. Once I get my results, I know my UAI at least by ± 1.00. In my brother's year (2006), SAM was 0.05 pessimistic, so with SAM, Einstein and JUAI I should have a fairly good average long before the UAI results are out.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC

iEdd said:
Haha, you think like me. Once I get my results, I know my UAI at least by ± 1.00. In my brother's year (2006), SAM was 0.05 pessimistic, so with SAM, Einstein and JUAI I should have a fairly good average long before the UAI results are out.
same. I don't like JUAI as much as Einstein - from what I've read in previous years' threads it seems to be comparatively less accurate. But yeah, results take most of the stress away for me!

lou071

HSC
N/A

first preference= combined law degree at usyd

so need uai of 99.55, but 99.3= combined law degree at unsw

so 99.3 gonna make me happy as well:D

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC

physio at usyd (cumberland) - 96.25

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

Studying oversea's so I don't need a UAI.
But above 80 would be totally fabulous.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC

first 10 sleeps till christmas, isnt that more important........ lol

anyway i want over 85 but would prefer 90+

But i want to do
Pysio at Uncle (93)
Chemical engineering/Biomedical engineering Unsw (88)
Science somewhere probably Uncle

4unitfreak

HSC

I'd be over the moon if I got into Medicine at UNSW, but I'd need a UAI in the very high 90's and given my internal ranks I don't think that's very likely. Realistically I'm aiming 95+ and Med at UNCLE, which needs a UAI of 93.8.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC

93.10+ for bachelor of psychology at macquarie.
dream course is ba (psych) at sydney but 98.50 is needed and yeh, so not gonna happen unfortunately.

HSC

Bleh, why can't they have results, UAI and uni offers on the same day.
Mother feck.

Lordie

HSC

Can we change our UAC preferences following the release of our UAI's? I'd think you'd be able to - could pick a better course if you performed far better than you were expecting..

dp624

HSC

Lordie said:
Can we change our UAC preferences following the release of our UAI's? I'd think you'd be able to - could pick a better course if you performed far better than you were expecting..
Yes you can - up until the 7th

adnan91

HSC

B Civil engineering/ B science at UNSW or USYD so 88 but personally 94+

dolbinau

HSC

dance2urownbeat said:
93.10+ for bachelor of psychology at macquarie.
dream course is ba (psych) at sydney but 98.50 is needed and yeh, so not gonna happen unfortunately.
Hey, don't dream. Macquarie is apparently much better than USYD at Psychology. Dream for UNSW which is apparently the best ;).

HSC

i want to do physio at usyd too...so yeah, 96.25+
i should get above 95, but how much im not sure...
gah why cant we know now lol
oh well, not long to go :)

dance2urownbeat

HSC

dolbinau said:
Hey, don't dream. Macquarie is apparently much better than USYD at Psychology. Dream for UNSW which is apparently the best ;).
lol. well maqu's open day did impress me a hell of a lot more than sydney's. never went out to unsw's open day though.
where did you hear this?

edit: one professor at maqu on their open day told me i should consider unsw if i'm interested in forensic psych after honours...but either way, i don't think i'll get like, 96.95 i think it is soo i'll hopefully get into maqu and then transfer four years later lol.

Last edited:

dance2urownbeat

HSC

kevinx2 said:
Bleh, why can't they have results, UAI and uni offers on the same day.
Mother feck.
or at least results+uai!
although i am waiting to check results til thursday morning just before i check uai anyway so i guess ill get mine at the same time...but still, if they were on the same day i wouldn't have to go out all wednesday to avoid temptation!

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC

dance2urownbeat said:
or at least results+uai!
although i am waiting to check results til thursday morning just before i check uai anyway so i guess ill get mine at the same time...but still, if they were on the same day i wouldn't have to go out all wednesday to avoid temptation!
how are you going to avoid it when you get home? or are you planning to stay over in someone's basement with no internet connection? hahah

dance2urownbeat

HSC

fallenstar said:
how are you going to avoid it when you get home? or are you planning to stay over in someone's basement with no internet connection? hahah
haha going clubbing to see a local band :) good timing really haha.
i just don't want to tear myself up trying to guess my uai from my results because i know it will drive me crazy! the plan thursday morning is like check results at 7am, then shower/breakfast/get ready for the uai bbq at school, then check uai at 9am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)