What does it feel like to finish the HSC? (1 Viewer)

Currybear

HSC
Hey all,

As the title would suggest, what is it like to finally finish the HSC cause Iv'e still got 115 days till my last exam (yes i have a countdown on my phone) and to be honest I want it to end so badly, yet i wish school wouldn't :(

Cause I know that once school ends, most of my closest friends plan on going overseas t and i doubt id be able to keep in touch with all my other friends, all the other chilled teachers + people who i occasionally hang out with.

But on the other hand.... no more studying and stress

Is it reaaly as bad/ fun as people have made it out to be?

iBibah

HSC
You could just wait a month for trials to be over and know what it feels like?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey all,

As the title would suggest, what is it like to finally finish the HSC cause Iv'e still got 115 days till my last exam (yes i have a countdown on my phone) and to be honest I want it to end so badly, yet i wish school wouldn't :(

Cause I know that once school ends, most of my closest friends plan on going overseas t and i doubt id be able to keep in touch with all my other friends, all the other chilled teachers + people who i occasionally hang out with.

Really boring.

enoilgam

HSC
Hey all,

Until university.

The feeling is pretty good, especially if you have worked really hard and want a break.

BigBadBader

HSC
i asked my friends who finished the hsc what its like, they said "Fucken oath its great...for a bit", then they went on to say that you start realising that university is just around the corner, exciting but the same thing in a way.

Aysce

HSC
For me personally, it was 30 seconds of complete freedom and bliss. I felt a little nostalgic as well since I was seeing my school for the last time when the final exam was completed, so all in all it was a bittersweet experience but one I will probably never forget.

Currybear

HSC
Is the last day of school hard?

Cause I can see myself crying in the final assembly, ive been at my school since year 1 and even the thought of it all ending is making me teary

Currybear

HSC
@BigBadBlader did you chose to redo year 12? and if so, why/ how is it the second time?

Aysce

HSC
Is the last day of school hard?

Cause I can see myself crying in the final assembly, ive been at my school since year 1 and even the thought of it all ending is making me teary
Haha varies from person to person. I was quite attached to most people in my cohort although I only teared up a bit during the farewell assembly (Which required a GREAT amount of effort and restraint to do so). So much bittersweetness :haha:

Currybear

HSC
Haha varies from person to person. I was quite attached to most people in my cohort although I only teared up a bit during the farewell assembly (Which required a GREAT amount of effort and restraint to do so). So much bittersweetness :haha:
was it hard waiting for your results

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Any of you guys still visit your schools? or in contact with any teachers?

Haha, seems tough to leave, school seems not too bad as I woulda thought in younger years. Long holidays, chill classrooms, meet friends everyday etc.

enoilgam

HSC
was it hard waiting for your results
Not until a few days before, but it's on the back of your mind obviously. The most overrated thing though is getting good results - the feeling is great, but it doesnt last and certainly doesnt live up to the hype.

Any of you guys still visit your schools? or in contact with any teachers?
I did once or twice in first year uni, I might go back post graduation maybe.

Currybear

HSC
I did once or twice in first year uni, I might go back post graduation maybe.
was there any reason why you went back or was like a spur of the moment kind of thing?

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
was there any reason why you I mean, was it a spur of the moment kind of thing?
Well, once I went back to get my Yearbook, but my mate and I went after uni and we went with the intention of seeing everyone (the Yearbook was a handy excuse). Then I went to give them some notes (also a good excuse to say hi).

Currybear

HSC
Once the last test is done, does the competitive nature of the hsc go as well?

cause at our school it's getting really bad, withholding information, stealing notes and the general bitching about other peoples marks. Things that make genuinely nice people turn into totally dicks.. do people like that go back to normal?

Last edited:

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Once the last test is done, does the competitive nature of the hsc go as well?

cause at our school it's getting really bad, with holding information, stealing notes and the general bitching about other peoples marks. Things that make genuinely nice people turn into totally dicks.. do people like that go back to normal?
stealing notes...thats just insane

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)