What does "You're a Nice Guy" Actually Mean? (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you're right lainee, but that is a pretty harsh and selfish justification.

for a guy, i guess it takes a while to understand, "shit, she's using me as a doormat".

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Iago said:
when i say "you're a nice guy" i really mean "i want to rip your balls off and feed them to my three pet iguanas." i don't tend to use it as a compliment.
are you sure its not a compliment? :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Lainee said:
Actually, it's probably not as irrational as you think.
Not irrational from the girls point of view, I am wondering why the guys don't just tell the girl to get stuffed, why keep wanting them while they send themself to more doomed relationships, that is the irrational part.

HSC
Henry_Kissinger said:
you're jehovah's witness?

so you sleep with school children right?
... sometimes i wonder if its that 1/4 turk in you that kicks in and makes you an asshole sometimes

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
iambored said:
Not irrational from the girls point of view, I am wondering why the guys don't just tell the girl to get stuffed, why keep wanting them while they send themself to more doomed relationships, that is the irrational part.
Nice guys are too nice to say something like that.

I have to admit I found the bad-boy image attractive at one stage, and I could have been in a relationship with him but I told myself not to get involved. I think any girl with some sense would be able to tell which kind of guy will just end up hurting them, and which kind will treat them right. Maybe they avoid the nice-guy type because they will never give you an excuse to break up with them. Some people want a series of short-term relationships and that's best achieved through dating bad-boys. :rolleyes:

HSC
I think girls saying a nice guy can't be "heorione" and be really romantic is just an excuse for their selfishness. Any time could nice guys go too a party and just sleaze talk get laid 50 times then find a nice girl, but no we're all nice enough too hold that. Nice guys can still have confidence, I have a bit of confidence somewhere in me but that is never enough. Girls will be forever selfish and want that dual relationship of a guy treating her like shit which she loves, and the doormat she can wipe her dirt on.

I just hope too find that special girl out there that isn't like that.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
Girls will be forever selfish and want that dual relationship of a guy treating her like shit which she loves, and the doormat she can wipe her dirt on.

i dun think you can generalise like that. we all want to be selfish and have a doormat to wipe our dirt on. it's just that nice guys put themselves in the doormat position from the start.

HSC
oh no sorry not all girls are like that, im sure theresp lenty that are just good

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
selfishness does not exist in the abstract, and certainly is not a black-and-white quality.

a "nice" person can be selfish, at particular times, in particular circumstances, to particular persons.

a "nice" guy allows himself to be more easily treated selfishly by the girl. thus, she (unconsciously or otherwise) uses him as a doormat, simply because she easily can.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Nice guys tend to not reject girls, or if they do, they do it in a really nice way of course. :)

Lainee

HSC
Riviet said:
Nice guys tend to not reject girls, or if they do, they do it in a really nice way of course. :)
There is no 'really nice way' to reject someone. :(

Ghost1788

HSC
Casmira said:
I think girls saying a nice guy can't be "heorione" and be really romantic is just an excuse for their selfishness. Any time could nice guys go too a party and just sleaze talk get laid 50 times then find a nice girl, but no we're all nice enough too hold that. Nice guys can still have confidence, I have a bit of confidence somewhere in me but that is never enough. Girls will be forever selfish and want that dual relationship of a guy treating her like shit which she loves, and the doormat she can wipe her dirt on.

ditto

btw how exactly do you reject them nicely.. . I seem to suck at that and i feel bad for it..

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Nice guys are too nice to say something like that.
no they're not

nice guys get the shits too

Casmira said:

that be true, look how many drunk nice guys get laid

the truth people, the cold hard truth

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Frigid said:
i dun think you can generalise like that. we all want to be selfish and have a doormat to wipe our dirt on. it's just that nice guys put themselves in the doormat position from the start.
doesn't it make more sense to not have any 'dirt' from relationships (because you're with the nice guy), and wipe/share the rest of the 'dirt' (your problems) onto the nice boy bf, it makes more sense to me

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
iambored said:
doesn't it make more sense to not have any 'dirt' from relationships (because you're with the nice guy), and wipe/share the rest of the 'dirt' (your problems) onto the nice boy bf, it makes more sense to me
yes

but thats logical, and the nice way to do it :/

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Calling someone a "nice guy" can means different things to different people.

When I call a guy a nice guy its because he is nice, or I like him, simple as that.
It dosn't mean that I'm not interested in him, or his boring or not the bf type. It usually means that I am interested in him.
I see as nice guy as being someone who is likeable. For eg- If I talk to someone about a guy I like or im interested in, or want to get to know better I might sometimes say- "oh (name) seems like a really nice guy".

To me "nice" dosn't mean boring, or a way of describing someone that I'm not interested in.
Some people read into it too much.

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
Calling someone a "nice guy" can means different things to different people.

When I call a guy a nice guy its because he is nice, or I like him, simple as that.
It dosn't mean that I'm not interested in him, or his boring or not the bf type. It usually means that I am interested in him.
I see as nice guy as being someone who is likeable. For eg- If I talk to someone about a guy I like or im interested in, or want to get to know better I might sometimes say- "oh (name) seems like a really nice guy".

To me "nice" dosn't mean boring, or a way of describing someone that I'm not interested in.
Some people read into it too much.
i have to go back and find the people you've called nice on BOS :/

then we have our next bos couple!

muahahahaha...OZGIRL and someone :\

lucky bastard

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
braad said:
i have to go back and find the people you've called nice on BOS :/

then we have our next bos couple!

muahahahaha...OZGIRL and someone :\

lucky bastard

hahah braad:), you know what I mean. I know what I mean, maybe it just didn't come out right. I was talking about in real life:)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
hahah braad:), you know what I mean. I know what I mean, maybe it just didn't come out right. I was talking about in real life:)
lol, yes dear, i understood :/

:eek:
KeypadSDM said:
Yeah there is, hook them up with a hot Sweedish man.
thats....the wrong sex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)