What DONT you like about YOUR uni (1 Viewer)

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
UNSW

- CBS

- A million Com/law students

- Uni Chruches

- Library not as big as usyd
I concur. And the fact that all those crazy church groups like to plaster their weekly crap all over the noticeboards....over REAL notices. Those fanatics have no thought for other ppl when they cover up those boards with all that Crapulence! Same goes for any student political group...but lucky that only happens once a year *phew*. Plus too many asians in politics = corruption^2. BTW, no one vote for Nova in COMSOC elections. Its dominated by canto comm/law ppl!!! what bullshite

shannonm

HSC
N/A
§eraphim said:
Same goes for any student political group...but lucky that only happens once a year *phew*.
?? once a year i wish!

fuck politics!!!!!!!

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Usyd:

Hugeass campus
Crappy food (most of the days)
My old, fobby economics tutor
Too much union/src/communist/facist/labor/liberal propaganda

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
usyd: freakin 8am starts!!!! omg no one mentioned that??? o_O
tho i feel bad abt bitchin abt usyd, cuz i dunno, i love it sooo much tho =)

uhm, and that old witch at gabble and go... hate her ... stupid bitch...

+ the extremely expensive food

Ribbon

ANU

The duck crap that is *everywhere* on the paths, though the duckies themselves are cute (I had to stop and let some cross the road when I was driving the other day... lol)

Parking - was terrible last sem, but since they opened a new multi-storey carpark it hasn't been too bad. I got to uni at 10:20 today and got a park in 2 mins - on my walk to the buildings I saw like 4other car spaces

The heating in the law building is always on overdrive and its nuts walking in from 3 degrees outside in the morning into a 30 degree building with 2 shirts and a jumper on.

Some of the buildings are downright ugly, though the landscaping everywhere is really good.

Although green grass looks pretty it annoys me that we have water restrictions and ANU is still allowed to have the sprinkler going on its lawns (last time it was going it had already rained earlier that day!)

There are lots of beautiful people - since when have ppl been allowed to break the rule that you can be good looking or smart, but not both :p

The crazy birds that try and get food off you and poo all over the tables

The crazy bike riders who don't know the road rules and who ride across pedestrian crossings and don't think that cars can't see them or the ones that ring the bell at you liike 'get out of the way' but you don't know which side to move too and they nearly hit you :p

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
clairegirl said:
Macquarie University-

*PARKING! OMG!! if you come to macquarie at 12 o clock you will spend an hour driving around looking for parking! You'de think that our multi-levelled ugly looking car parks would be enough but NO! EVERYONE STOP DRIVING TO UNI so i can come late.

Pretty much anytime after 10 you'll struggle for parking, but I've found if you get to a carpark around 5-10 past every hour you get a few poeple taking cars out and you can get their spots. After that it's horribly shit and I've had to go Maq Centre a few times this semester out of frustration.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
clairegirl said:
IMacquarie University-

* We have two different passwords and id's to remember to get into places/websites/library etc! This sucks it's annoying!
um, i'm sorry, did you say two passwords? it's more like five. or more. just make something central dammit.

i hate that HDs don't bring up or save your gpa since they're not worth more than a D.

reserve doesn't open until 9:05. like wtf, why not earlier.

p.s. you rock, i have to renew lib books, i'll go and do that now

klh

HSC
UWS:
The hilly walkways at kingswood
the long lines at the start of semester at the student centre
nothing to do at uni except study (usyd has a bigger arcade and all)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
um, i'm sorry, did you say two passwords? it's more like five. or more. just make something central dammit.

i hate that HDs don't bring up or save your gpa since they're not worth more than a D.
OMG HOW MUCH DO I AGREE WITH YOU THERE!! what the hell is with that!! i got a HD last semester and i hate how it's not going to save the failing of 2 subjects this semester!! I HATE YOU MACQUARIE i don't see the logic in it!! like what da hell!!! i say we petition to get it changed... there's honestly no logic in it!!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Merethrond said:
I have only had to use the library once so far and all the books I wanted were out too:mad:.
It's so annoying...they'll give you a list of recommended books for an assignment, and they'll only have one or two copies of each book for over 100 students in the course. I even went to start an assignment a month early just so I could get the books first...and they were already out. History is the worst offender. Maq's collection shits all over ours.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
clairegirl said:
OMG HOW MUCH DO I AGREE WITH YOU THERE!! what the hell is with that!! i got a HD last semester and i hate how it's not going to save the failing of 2 subjects this semester!! I HATE YOU MACQUARIE i don't see the logic in it!! like what da hell!!! i say we petition to get it changed... there's honestly no logic in it!!
That would suck. I would hate that. It would give me no motivation to do well:(.

Lundy said:
It's so annoying...they'll give you a list of recommended books for an assignment, and they'll only have one or two copies of each book for over 100 students in the course. I even went to start an assignment a month early just so I could get the books first...and they were already out. History is the worst offender. Maq's collection shits all over ours.
Yeah, I think some people run to the library immediately after an assignment is handed out:mad:.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
haha, I only ever use books that are in Auchmuty, if it comes up as Huxley, then I go "yeah, right, I'll find something else"

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
haha, I only ever use books that are in Auchmuty, if it comes up as Huxley, then I go "yeah, right, I'll find something else"
Haha, how lazy is that:p!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Merethrond said:

I've never borrowed a book from Macquarie Library before lol ... i dont hink i've even used a book for an assignment before ... Macquarie usually scans in all the recommended readings we have to do and the book chapters so they're available on net, so i just print them out (exluding book chapters coz they're too long) ..... maybe UNSW has an online system as well.. that you just dont know about.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
'sif I could be stuffed walking to the other side of campus, I'm a Science girl, the furthest down the hill I ever venture is the union building!!

@clairegirl...newcastle has an online "shortloans" area, in which some stuff is placed by the lecturers (high demand stuff, like a copy of the textbook, and all that)...but when its books for your own reading (we rarely get recommended material for our reports), we have to go find it ourself.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
clairegirl said:
I've never borrowed a book from Macquarie Library before lol ... i dont hink i've even used a book for an assignment before ... Macquarie usually scans in all the recommended readings we have to do and the book chapters so they're available on net, so i just print them out (exluding book chapters coz they're too long) ..... maybe UNSW has an online system as well.. that you just dont know about.
If you need to do an assignment though, they don't tell you all the books you need and put them on the Internet though do they? That is the idea of an assignment, to research:p!

I go to University of Newcastle by the way:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
'sif I could be stuffed walking to the other side of campus, I'm a Science girl, the furthest down the hill I ever venture is the union building!!
Haha, that is dedication for you:rolleyes:! When I had my assignment I was walking all over the place:(.

hipsta_jess said:
@clairegirl...newcastle has an online "shortloans" area, in which some stuff is placed by the lecturers (high demand stuff, like a copy of the textbook, and all that)...but when its books for your own reading (we rarely get recommended material for our reports), we have to go find it ourself.
I have never really known what the short loans things is:p. I probably still won't by the time I graduate (if I do:p). So do they put a copy of the whole textbook up there? Imagine how long that would take to copy:eek:!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
no...i guess i should have explained myself better...
theres the whole textbook in the 'short loans' area of the library..
and then theres an online search (through NEWCAT) which you can do to find all the material the lecturer has made available through short loans...some is available only in hard copy (ie, textbooks), and others stuff has been scanned or whatever (a lot of journal articles are like this, its like they think we're too dumb to search for the journal ourselves) and is available for download.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)