• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What DONT you like about YOUR uni (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The heat as well .... i got to uni in richmond and its going to be just about 40 degrees with no sea breeze at all :mad:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
uts:

the bower building, and how ugly it is
there.is.no.grass.
people who get out of the lifts at levels 5 and 6
security are dickheads, mostly
complete lack of drinkable coffee anywhere on campus

ermmmm...
yeah.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Merethrond said:
Definitely:mad:! Do the other Universities have this problem? The other problem I have is that I live so far from the campus, but some people have it worse, so I can't complain:).
at wollongong you have parking all day long as long as you pay for permit (~$100-$200/year)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
at wollongong you have parking all day long as long as you pay for permit (~$100-$200/year)
Thats theoretically the same for Newcastle (we either by a parking pass for $96/yr, or a day permit for $2/day), but it is rather questionable whether or not it is actually possible to get a park.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Thats theoretically the same for Newcastle (we either by a parking pass for $96/yr, or a day permit for $2/day), but it is rather questionable whether or not it is actually possible to get a park.
the sydney ppls will have alot more trouble with parking.....

i think their yearly passes are ~$1000 and not to mention the traffic...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Merethrond said:
If you need to do an assignment though, they don't tell you all the books you need and put them on the Internet though do they? That is the idea of an assignment, to research:p!

I go to University of Newcastle by the way:).
Well they give you some references.. and well im lazy i only use the ones they give us....

i just use intext citations .. already in those recommended readings and pretend that ive read/written from that article if that makes sense.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
the sydney ppls will have alot more trouble with parking.....

i think their yearly passes are ~$1000 and not to mention the traffic...
You can't get much a worse parking situation than ours. You literally can't get a park anywhere unless you get there at about 8:45 AM:(.

natstar said:
Fuck u's have to pay for parking? Ours is free
I don't mind paying for the parking (although I would rather not of course) but what really annoys me is that you pay $96 and then you only get a park once a week:mad:!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
You can't get much a worse parking situation than ours. You literally can't get a park anywhere unless you get there at about 8:45 AM:(.
Too true...although I heard we're meant to be getting the bottom level of the multi back towards the end of the month, so fingers crossed... I mean, its not that many extra parks, and we'll prob be in exam time or something by then...but at least its a start...I just wish they'd finish off the building and give us all the levels back.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
nah, but UOW is in a pretty central location, so people will exploit free parking.

besides students who don't pay for parking usually get to uni really early (8:25) or have to park several blocks away. i don't want to imagine the chaos of having free parking :s.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Too true...although I heard we're meant to be getting the bottom level of the multi back towards the end of the month, so fingers crossed... I mean, its not that many extra parks, and we'll prob be in exam time or something by then...but at least its a start...I just wish they'd finish off the building and give us all the levels back.
What a lot of good that will do:rolleyes:. There is no way I am getting a Parking Permit next year (unless they give me one for free, which I might ask them for):mad:!

comfortable

HSC
sydney uni:

the fact that we cant touch, let alone breathe on the grass in the quad!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
They dont? Last time on the open days, people were lounging around all over it. And I always see people walking on it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Sarah168 said:
They dont? Last time on the open days, people were lounging around all over it. And I always see people walking on it.
Actually, I don't really know. I just thought it was quite clear that this was what "comfortable" was saying. Maybe not:eek:.

Generator

HSC
N/A
It tends to be fenced off (well, roped off). That's a strange part of the campus, anyway. The grass in Victoria Park is much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)