• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What ever happened to Osama (3 Viewers)

S

Sheehan :)

its like now that they havnt been able to catch him. The US has used the media to help us forget and turn our hatred to some one else namel Saddam. Now that they have caught him....they turn their sites on North Korea.......but this time theyve met their match. North Korea doesnt seem to want to back off with their nuclear arsenal and i think if they should have to do it so should the USA. Anyway is a WWIII imminent?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
North Korea is nothing more than a spoilt little brat who wants attention.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Sheehan :) said:
its like now that they havnt been able to catch him. The US has used the media to help us forget and turn our hatred to some one else namel Saddam. Now that they have caught him....they turn their sites on North Korea.......but this time theyve met their match. North Korea doesnt seem to want to back off with their nuclear arsenal and i think if they should have to do it so should the USA. Anyway is a WWIII imminent?
What happened to Sadam anyway?

WWIII? Australia would be screwed! I am guessing Howard will support his mate Bush and since Australia is way easier to attack than America, I wonder who is going to get blown into little pieces?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
they neva wanted osama in the first place....they got into afganistan and built their underground pipes that take oil from the afganistan to the sea where their ships are waiting to pick it up and take it back to america.....so now theyre on to a new project...

firehose

HSC
joujou_84 said:
they neva wanted osama in the first place....they got into afganistan and built their underground pipes that take oil from the afganistan to the sea where their ships are waiting to pick it up and take it back to america.....so now theyre on to a new project...
Stop bluffing. That is not true and you know it. In fact, why don't you go to go to Afghanistan and see if there's scores of US tankers waiting to pick up smuggled oil?? Oh that's right stupid, Afghanistan doesn't have a coastline! :rolleyes:

Kulazzi

HSC
firehose said:
Stop bluffing. That is not true and you know it. In fact, why don't you go to go to Afghanistan and see if there's scores of US tankers waiting to pick up smuggled oil?? Oh that's right stupid, Afghanistan doesn't have a coastline! :rolleyes:
*ahem* You obviously haven't read the post thoroughly

joujou_84 said:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
wait a second... u guys are going on about the oil pipeline in afghanistan from the michael moore film? LMFAO hahahahahha

Don't just watch a film and assume it's correct, or at least that the assumptions which you made are correct.. especially on things like that...

Kulazzi

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
wait a second... u guys are going on about the oil pipeline in afghanistan from the michael moore film? LMFAO hahahahahha

Don't just watch a film and assume it's correct, or at least that the assumptions which you made are correct.. especially on things like that...
I don't need to see Michale Moore's film to confirm it (I haven't seen it yet). I already know about it.

firehose

HSC
Kulazzi said:
I don't need to see Michale Moore's film to confirm it (I haven't seen it yet). I already know about it.
U already know about it eh? Show us then. Otherwise everybody else will only assume that as a biased claim that has no merit whatsoever.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
on the subject of oil,i don't believe that america's gone to war to 'steal' oil.. i do however believe that protecting, securing oil sites is one of their main focuses... and why not?

Doing it provides revenues for the countries, and also increases globabl stability..

firehose

HSC
Exactly. Only that some people can't even accept that the US might actually be there for good intentions~! :rolleyes:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I genuinely feel that baring a civil war(which is unlikely) if they do a mass survey in iraq say in 2008 the majority will say their life is better now after the war.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I think a majority would say that now wouldnt they?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
well from the only surveys done, which are fairly bias cuz u kno they haven't been able to really interview insurgents n such, does show people feel their quality of life has increased..
However most do now see america as an occupying force rather than liberators.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Yea, but them liking America and feeling whether or not they are better off are two different things, though they overlap to an extent.

Id be certain that insurgents would be a tiny minority of the Iraqi people - if it was anything more the US would be royally fucked.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea i'm quite sure that iraq in the end, although the government might not be what america truely wanted, will still be slightly better... and overall, excluding abu graib will be considered a humanitarian success.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
firehose said:
wait no...the US was actually there to catch osama and free the afgans huh? silly me....coz like the US cares about ppl right.....:rolleyes:...

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
well GWB did let Johnny stay at his texas ranch ...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lmao you really think they weren't there to take down osama and his taliban krew, disrupt al quidea, get some revenge and while they're at it make the lives of the afghani's better keeping them from turning to terrorism themselves?

cuz like... just going there for oil seems kinda stupid to me.. like invading afghanistan for oil?

edit: and Johnny invited bush to kiribilli house.. it's good that australia's leader can be a friend to the point of being almost 'personal' friends with the leader of the most powerful country by far and one of our largest trading partners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)