• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What ever happened to Osama (3 Viewers)

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
There is no Osama. The terrorrists network have made up this person so that they can feel superior in that there is no Osama. They made up a person who looks typically like a terrorrist leader and the taliban will be content knowing that they can't capture someone that does not exist while the western world fears.

berghousemaa

HSC
somechick said:
lol, just cos i didn't know where it was?
Everyone who asked me where i was from would be like "oh, where is that" jokingly like 'oh it doesnt even matter'. Im just really sick of all this negative attention on afghanistan when it was actually needed BEFORE sept 11. Now everyone thinks they're king shit because they watch 60 minutes and four corners and know everything now.
And thats exactly what im saying. the taliban were shits. I never said they were good as you are trying to make out. Yes, there are things that are better but you cant heal deep wounds. all those people who died, lost their houses and lives. And im talking from experience here and unless you've witnessed that you cant say 'yes its better'.
You cannot assume that a war will automatically change a culture, it takes permament occupation. The taliban will probably come back to power because of the lack of education there. And when they do, who will help the countrymen? Nobody. By then it will probably be back to "sorry, where is that 'afghanistan' again?"

So you're pissed off that now only because of Sept 11 did people take notice of the Taliban, even though you knew it needed help before hand.
Sounds like you're actually pissed off because your previous ideoogical stance is now rather passe.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
However as ive previously posted, i knew about the destruction of the buddhist stautes way b4 911 and was outraged at it, this destruction of the history of Afghanastan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)