What Excercise Did You Do Today? (1 Viewer)

Tim035

HSC
I don't mean to be a prick but thats an odd split, you hit your triceps on 3 different days and your legs sporadically on day 3. Choice of exercise is okay though.

You should check out jim wendler's 5/3/1 for a better split kind of routine, but its a bit advanced even for you I think.
I didn't come up with it, it's one of the recommended routines in the workout section of the bb forums. I'm not really liking doing a split though, and squatting once a week just doesn't feel right. Plus 5x5 is working really well, so I guess why stop doing what's working.

Yeah, I don't think I'd be up for Jim Wndler's, especially without a spot.

Last edited:

Oliver04

HSC
I didn't come up with it, it's one of the recommended routines in the workout section of the bb forums. I'm not really liking doing a split though, and squatting once a week just doesn't feel right. Plus 5x5 is working really well, so I guess why stop doing what's working.

Yeah, I don't think I'd be up for Jim Wndler's, especially without a spot.
tbh I'm the opposite - I'd rather do a upper/lower split with a heavy squat only once - thinking about a squat session is one of the most intense feelings ever, I'd rather it be only x1 a week.

Hannargh

HSC
Today I went for a ride at 7:30AM. I didn't even know I went for a ride until I woke up at 2PM and found a note from me, saying that I did go for a ride.

:confused:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Argh flabby arms. I did some pushups (all very lame) and tried lifting my arms with a very heavy textbook in one and a heavy laptop in the other for about 15 minutes. Yeah, I know spot reduction doesn't work, but I've lost enough weight from everywhere except my arms so I think it's a matter of toning them now.

rozymisty

HSC
I did an hr of swimming, mostly freestyle. Not fit enough to do it non stop, but yeah i did stuff when i was taking a breather.

Found an interesting thing you can do for your core, do freestyle but with a kickboard under your stomach. Youd think it would be easy, but it slows you down but its great for your abs coz you have to try and keep yourself balanced enough to keep it under you.

Another thing i did was use a pool noodle and put that on the surface and my ankle on top and pulled it down, water is a great resistance tool. Didnt hurt as much for the shins as doing it on the weights machine.

pman

Banned
HSC
70km bike ride, a bit short but its my first proper ride in 6 months, kept on cramping up everytime I started going fast though

lala2

Banned
HSC
Sunday: Gave my room a good mopping down
Monday: Hauling 10kgs of books to uni and back again (open book exam)
Tuesday: Swept and mopped my room several times. My room has massive dust issues. My silly brother poured too much cleaner into the mop water so it came out all foamy. Hard work wringing the mop of all those suds!
Today: Handwashed a really thick piece of clothing. Wringing all that water out was fun :rolleyes:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
walked....to my car

and I guess expended a fair amount of energy teaching...doing my utmost to get a bunch of year 9 girls who are only doing drama as a 'bludge' subject enthusiastic about...wait for it...medieval drama. Specifically the mystery cycles. Quite possibly IMO the most boring period in theatre history from a practical standpoint (though I find the history of it quite interesting). Blah. Can't wait to move on.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
monday-friday for at least 5hrs each day (9hrs at the most): work, which involves lifting heavy boxes for about 5hrs straight.

so.. arms, shoulders, legs, back?

Tim035

HSC
Squats 5x5
Bent rows 5x5
Bench 5x5
BB curl 2x8 straight sets
SLDL 2x10 straight sets

pman

Banned
HSC
Just doing an intrinsic weights session today, sit ups, push ups, that kind of thing

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
walked about a km in the middle of the day and nearly died from the heat. Now I'm sitting on my butt in my airconditioned house, blissss

summer saps all motivation for physical activity from my soul. unless it is in the air conditioned confines of the gym I do not want to know about it okay

Tim035

HSC
Squats 5x5
Bent rows 5x5
Bench 5x5
SLDL 2x10 straight sets

Oliver04

HSC
Squats 5x5
Bent rows 5x5
Bench 5x5
SLDL 2x10 straight sets
Tim, you're gonna run yourself into the ground doing that. and where are the military presses? :p

Yesterday:
5x5 Squats
5x5 Bench
5x3 Power cleans
3x15 Weighted sit ups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)