What Female$ Really Want (1 Viewer)

emetrics focus

HSC
Jimmy Atkinson
Heather Digby
Tiffany Nakashima

For women, marital investment is a large and important characteristic when choosing a potential mate. When it comes down to it, women are looking for men who are willing to invest in themselves and their children. And of this investment, material far outweighs emotional. Women look for important clues to a man's ability to provide and to the likelihood that he would make a great investment in her and her offspring. These clues include his status, ambition, wealth, and success.

An experiment conducted by six psychologists to tell whether or not women placed the same weight of importance on attractiveness as men do, and if not how they differ. "College students saw pictures of the opposite sex and of various levels of physical attractiveness in different costumes. They then reported on how willingly they would be to enter different types of relationships with people like the one in the picture-from coffee and conversation though dating, sexual relations, and marriage. The high-status costume consisted of a white dress shirt with a designer paisley tie, a navy blazer thrown over the left shoulder, and a Rolex wristwatch. Female models a white silk blouse, a navy blazer thrown over the left shoulder, and a women's Rolex. To depict medium status, models wore an off-white shirt and khaki slacks. For low social status the models wore the uniform of a well-known fast food chain: a baseball cap and a polo shirt with the company logo showing. Male and female models were matched for physical attractiveness" (Townsend 63). Men generally agreed that they would date the attractive model, no matter what she was wearing. However, women only wanted to date those men that they saw as equals or above their own status.
The six psychologists therefore concluded that women require more proof of stability and investment in their rating on attractiveness, where as men only seemed to require attractiveness. Where men must see fertility and youth, women must see proof of status and accomplishment. But, women also need to see that the man that she has been considering as a mate is chased after and admired by other women. Positive information made the man more attractive where negative information excluded him from consideration. Since the women put more into reproducing, everything from gamete size to length of nurturing for her offspring, social information about her potential mate is important. And when considering the factors of male abuse and the high risk of flight, obtaining this information is crucial to choosing a mate. Men, on the other hand, while they seem to look for a partner they can keep, they basically judge the woman they are dating on physical characteristics.

Being a social world, there is a natural hierarchy, one that is based on status and success. Every person in society has a place in this hierarchy. To women, this is one of the ways to determine attractiveness. Based on her position on the hierarchy, a woman compares potential mates based on her own standing. She will be looking for a man with a status higher than her own. So men that are just starting out in the world will have little to no status due to their lack of influence and power. For example, men that are well established in a good career have no problem dating women that are not as established or powerful as they are. But because women are growing exceedingly more powerful in the workplace, when the competition is finally equal between the two sexes, others believe that women will take on that male characteristic of looking for physical characteristics in a mate. So far, however, the more education, prestige, and status a women receives, the standards for her partners also increase.

In a survey at a medical school, students were asked about important criteria for a partner. Men considered attractiveness significantly more important than women did. On the other hand, men also stated that they preferred to have a spouse that made less than what he did, where women wanted husbands with a higher paycheck. This clause came with a catch though; Women wanted this only if men did not try to pull status rank on them. "Many of the women found men's willingness to date and marry 'down' in terms of income and occupational prestige incomprehensible and frustrating" (Townsend 65). According to these medical students, what women really want are men "who are a challenge, one they could admire and respect" (Townsend 65). These women also wanted protection and security, even though they stated that they really never expected a man to protect them from any real physical danger.

Karla and Zelda are medical school students who were asked what they were looking for in a man. Both women said that they would be bothered if their spouse made less money than they did, or had less status or success as they did. "Evolutionary psychologists argue that women are attracted to signs of status and success because mates who had these qualities were able to invest more in them and their offspring" (Townsend 66). Women will not pursue a relationship with a man who has a lower status or seems weak or unintelligent. She does this to protect the future of her unborn offspring.
Women are very contradictory in their selection of a mate. They want a man who is successful and able to compete and survive in the world we live in today, but they also want a man that will think about the woman's feelings by making her feel wanted, safe and secure. If a man is weak or cannot survive successfully, women are less attracted, if at all attracted to them. Debbie is a student at a medical school where ....

continued at http://www.drmillslmu.com/Sexdiffs/spr01/panel4.HTM

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
can somebody give a 2 line summary on that and what women want so i dont have to bother reading it?

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
Well, der. What woman in her right mind would want a man who, while bearing awesome seks and multiple orgasms, would her up the duff with no moolah besides her own and then discover nine months later that she's got a family to look after, the child having an uncanny resemlance to its damned SOB biological father?

Guys look for attractiveness because they need to keep their bloodline running.
Girls look for material stability (as well as emotional compatibility) because they're traditionally the ones expected to raise the family and usually cannot do so single-handedly.

But we're talking mature relationships here. Young'uns can still go out just for the sake of going out. Wheeeeee!! *splat*

Ignore that last bit.

HSC
N/A
Any women out there who would want a relationship with a man with lower status, who is unintelligent and weak?

This is all common sense people.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
bernz said:
Girls look for material stability (as well as emotional compatibility) because they're traditionally the ones expected to raise the family and usually cannot do so single-handedly.
AMEN SISTA!! :uhhuh:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
strawberry @-@ said:
Any women out there who would want a relationship with a man with lower status, who is unintelligent and weak?

This is all common sense people.
Yes but common sense does not prevail.

Yes of course women want the lower status, unintelligent, weak (in a sense of the word) man. Why? cause theyre bad.
Girls love bad guys. Bad can be interpreted many different ways.

This is why nice guys get no sex.

HSC
most women until until early 20s will find as many hot obnoxious guys too sex around, then when they feel like it find and marry a guy whos stable. thats very selfihs act which is probably why i refuse too marry a girl who isn't a virgin :p

p-unit

HSC
women just say they want weak uninteligent guys
when they have to chose between george clooney and .............
who do they pick

p-unit

HSC
so if you dont look like goerge clooney your not going to get alot

mr_brightside

HSC
Casmira said:
most women until until early 20s will find as many hot obnoxious guys too sex around, then when they feel like it find and marry a guy whos stable. thats very selfihs act which is probably why i refuse too marry a girl who isn't a virgin :p
Have fun with your awesome sex life.
:rolleyes:

Why shouldnt girls be allowed to fuck as guys do?

p-unit

HSC
Master Yoda said:
mate if any 18-19 year old looked like george clooney id be worried
good point then think of him when he was 20
i mean clooney

HSC
N/A

True. Problem is, it is natures law that males have urges to fuck as many females as they can (hence increasing chances of continuing their bloodline).

Stability (females) + variety (males) = conflict

thats my theory anyway.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
The_Apprentice said:
True. Problem is, it is natures law that males have urges to fuck as many females as they can (hence increasing chances of continuing their bloodline). Stability (females) + variety (males) = conflict

thats my theory anyway.
although i believe thats correct, theres also that awesome commitment hormone you produce when you have sex for the first time...

which.... seems contradicting though...

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Have fun with your awesome sex life.
:rolleyes:

Why shouldnt girls be allowed to fuck as guys do?
So what having sex after marriage is a crime is it?

I never said same isnt for guys, it applies too both. I still will hold my virginity for marriage, not like ill go get laid and leave her high and dry.

mr_brightside

HSC
Casmira said:
So what having sex after marriage is a crime is it?
No. But I bet it will be fairly average sex.

I never said same isnt for guys, it applies too both. I still will hold my virginity for marriage, not like ill go get laid and leave her high and dry.
Fair enough :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Casmira said:
Yeah because all girls who have sex before marriage are doing it because the guy is obnoxious :rolleyes:

HSC
mr_brightside said:
No. But I bet it will be fairly average sex.
trust me if youre one like me too wait till after marriage, im going too reinforce the bed with steel posts

withoutaface said:
Yeah because all girls who have sex before marriage are doing it because the guy is obnoxious :rolleyes:
not really, i was generalising. a girl can have sex with a great guy and they eventuate get married in 5 years, or he can just be a great guy at all.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Girls can have sex with a great guy, and then stuff beyond either of their control can occur and stuff things up. Would you hold that against her?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)