What happens if i save all my centrelink payments? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh, you're really...fat and yucky and other related synonyms.

twistedrebel

HSC
Its asset tested, So if you have more than X amount you stop receiving payments. Also how much taxes could you have possibly paid? The Govt is helping you pay for your study aswell.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
op is parasite scum

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Im on YA and thats a bit daft. You are gaining financial support from your brothers, thus making dependent.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
You can keep up to $500000ish worth of assets (excluding home) as I recall, while it only allow you to have $200ish income/fortnight. An odd system imo.
Also note that the $5000 cap "waiting period" only applies if you are newly applying for YA.

So yeh...feel free to save, but remember to tell them every now and then.

PS. I wonder whether or not the money you receive from your brother need to be reported as a "gift" income...? You should check that out.

HSC
To the OP: the money is yours to do with it what you like. Just be careful that you don't end up with too much assets. I've had my YA cut by about $100 p/fortnight because I've got too much in savings.

And to all the people who think I'm a burden on the system because I get YA and have savings, I have a job, I work practically full time hours during the holidays to earn that money so I don't get YA in those months, and I'm fairly sure that my parents income is well BELOW the threshold to ensure that I get it.
The system is not perfect. But there is no need to cast everyone who benefits from it in the same boat.

philphie

Banned
HSC
depends on how much the person you're depending on is making

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
I thought that if you were dependent on someone else to support you financially, you aren't eligible for youth allowance? Did you lie to Centrelink?
to be fair, i worked for 5 years (after hsc) and always paid correct taxes. I am considered independent from parents, i didnt claim centrelink for a year and a half because i had a job. But i quit the job, and applied for centrelink (with intention of continue paying my parents rent money and pay for other expenses with my bank savings) so i can free up more time to spend on studying because i really want to go to UTS and need to boost my marks in my final semester, plan to spend all hours i spent on working into studying.

During the holidays my parents and brothers made a agreement without me knowing they will financially support me for the next 3-4 years. I do consider myself lucky i have such brothers we are real tight.

Why did they make a agreement? because they know how fucking hard it is to save for a house deposit, and they didnt want me blowing my bank savings which i saved over the past few years.

Too many fucking immature pricks who just finished their hsc this year who thinks they can categorise everyone in the same boat. I finished my HSC in 2004 and went through alot and understand centrelink isnt something you should take scam. I havent even done that, i was considered eligible hence why i claimed.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
i suppose once most of these punks experience things out of their 'school comfort zone' they will have a more open mind. Try living out of home for a few years and having more responsibiltiies than you will know not to put everyone in the same boat.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Thought my taxes were going to the homeless. Instead these lazy bitches are chewing them up. All power to the fucking soviets
lmfao @ your comment. How much did you pay in taxes to be making such comments. So only homeless can claim centrelink? you're dead wrong.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I've been on centrelink benefits for two years.

You are screwing the system.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Seriously you are a deadshit scumbag, you are claiming way more in centrelink than you are paying in taxes.

You deserve NOTHING.

I hope you get fucked by the ATO and Centrelink and are forced to pay everything back you stupid cunt.

Also I've been at Uni for almost as long as you, so you can get fucked, you are rorting the system you pathetic bastard.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
If you have enough for a house deposit in savings, you won't be able to claim youth allowance anyway.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
This guy is a deadset fucktard

rep me if you agree

unaustralian as all get out to rip people off at the expense of people that are truly struggling

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
This guy is a deadset fucktard

rep me if you agree

unaustralian as all get out to rip people off at the expense of people that are truly struggling
Must spread my rep, but seriously, she is fucking the system up, and many like her. Centrelink sees them being well off and go, oh they are earning to much, drop it down, whilst the rest of YA benefit recipients get pay cuts out of no where.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)