what happens tomorrow to HSC marks if... (1 Viewer)

loz8888

HSC
Hi,
Just curious to know if anyone knows what happens tomorrow if we didn't sit the HSC exams (for a valid reason). I've misadventured them..and that's all fine..but what happens tomorrow when the HSC marks come out - do i get an estimate or..nothing? do i just get a uai?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
They will tell you whether or not it is upheld. If so, they generally use your assessment mark to estimate your HSC mark.

loz8888

HSC
ok cool, so i'll get an estimated mark for each subject? (that is, if it's approved)

yay! so then i'll have an idea of what my uai will be

thanks

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If your misaventure appeals were upheld you will get a series of results that will indicate exactly that.

As you didn't sit the exams they will take you out of the moderating process (as you have no exam marks to contribute to the total it would be unfair to leave you in the allocation of moderated assessment marks).

Then they do all the aligning and moderating of the results for your classes/cohorts at your school.

Then they look at the results of the students ranked either side of you in each subject and allocate you a mark between those students' results based on the gaps that existed when the school sent in the result.

e.g. you were ranked 8th and 7th received assessment 84 exam 82 HSC 83 and 9th assessment 74 exam 78 HSC 76 but you were only one mark behind 7th then you would get something like 83, 81, 82.

adnan91

HSC
cem said:
If your misaventure appeals were upheld you will get a series of results that will indicate exactly that.

As you didn't sit the exams they will take you out of the moderating process (as you have no exam marks to contribute to the total it would be unfair to leave you in the allocation of moderated assessment marks).

Then they do all the aligning and moderating of the results for your classes/cohorts at your school.

Then they look at the results of the students ranked either side of you in each subject and allocate you a mark between those students' results based on the gaps that existed when the school sent in the result.

e.g. you were ranked 8th and 7th received assessment 84 exam 82 HSC 83 and 9th assessment 74 exam 78 HSC 76 but you were only one mark behind 7th then you would get something like 83, 81, 82.
what if the difference between you (3rd) and 2nd is like 0.1-0.6 internally

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
adnan91 said:
what if the difference between you (3rd) and 2nd is like 0.1-0.6 internally

As the school has sent in whole marks only (or at least that is all the BOS will accept from my school) then they will only be able to use those marks - if 0.1 then you would have gone in equal so should come out equal but 0.6 could see it a full mark differnce - remembering that due to aligning it might still end up equal.

loz8888

HSC
cem said:

okay great! thanks for explaining!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)