What have you eaten today? (3 Viewers)

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
yeah I don't but I got diagnosed with some other things at the same time and I think there was some pressure on them to find ~something~ wrong with me because, you know, apparently feeling like crap and getting a bit down because you've spent several weeks in a hospital room with no sleep and rupturing blood vessels in your throat so you're coughing up blood 24/7 while they try various levels of antibiotics before finally getting the industrial super bug ones going isn't a valid enough explanation for feeling sad. OMG IT MUST BE AN EATING DISORDER BECAUSE SHE'S THIN.

no. rippy can especially account for me eating heaps all the time and I don't do the awkward excusing oneself to go to the bathroom right after eating thing which a couple of my friends with legit eating disorders do. you know why? because I don't have an eating disorder and the diagnosis was ridiculous
now you know how ridiculous psych could get some time

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
i was diagnosed by a psychiatrist, not a psychologist and this was done on a 15 min consult where he basically asked me a whole lot of incredibly leading questions

that's not following protocol or standards at all. I did actually make a complaint about it later but now the protein drinks are just delicious and they keep coming so I keep drinking them or freezing them to take to work on hot days

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
i was diagnosed by a psychiatrist, not a psychologist and this was done on a 15 min consult where he basically asked me a whole lot of incredibly leading questions

that's not following protocol or standards at all. I did actually make a complaint about it later but now the protein drinks are just delicious and they keep coming so I keep drinking them or freezing them to take to work on hot days
well, you get delicious, nutritious drinks, so who even caressssssss

biwinning.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
it has quite seriously EVERYTHING. every single vitamin and mineral you need. You can actually have 4/day as a nutritionally complete diet.

actually it's completely fat free so apart from getting some fat into your diet, things are pretty good. but i'd get way too bored if I drank four a day, every day.

edit: it's fancy and prescribed not like protein drinks you just pick up from a health food store or the super market. They had to get a dietician and my managing doctor to sign off on them.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
it has quite seriously EVERYTHING. every single vitamin and mineral you need. You can actually have 4/day as a nutritionally complete diet.

actually it's completely fat free so apart from getting some fat into your diet, things are pretty good. but i'd get way too bored if I drank four a day, every day.

edit: it's fancy and prescribed not like protein drinks you just pick up from a health food store or the super market. They had to get a dietician and my managing doctor to sign off on them.
So it's a super healthy, clean and tasty way to get a lot of macro and micronutrients but you need a prescription?

This country srsly. Are there any potential side effects?

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
why would there be side effects if it's just a protein/vitamin/mineral drink?

are there side effects to eating?

what's it called? is it 2cal? i don't really know why they would give you a fat free drink with every other macro/micro when they want you to gain weight (?) but whatever i'm sure they know what they're doing.

does it have a lot of sugar?

http://abbottnutrition.com/Products/twocal-hn
man fuck these things. look at the nutrition. I know a girl who was in hospital and had to drink 4 a day as SNACKS plus meals. 475 calories in 237mL wot

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
waitwait the prescription thing (authority script?) means I can get them for like $1.50 when they retail for something ridiculous like ~$7 each.

This is them http://www.shopping.com/Nestle-Clin...ry-27-Pack-8oz-Nestle-Clinical-Nutrition/info That doesn't have all the info but it's the only reference I can find to it on the web. Peach version is gross the wildberry one is nice and orange is pretty decent.

idk how the fat thing works because I've put on ~5 kilos in the last 8 months with drinking one of those per day being the only change in my diet.

They're 250 calories in 237mls

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
It may contain sufficent nutrients, but its almost certainly not nutritionally optimal.

Your vitamins need to be chelated, or connected to a protein that it is naturally digested with. In fruit and vegetables, all the vitamins are connected to some other protein, and the vitamin is digested along with it. There are some vitamins that are synthetically chelated, and these tend to be many times more absorbable than regular vitamins. But nothing beats just eating the right foods.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
It may contain sufficent nutrients, but its almost certainly not nutritionally optimal.

Your vitamins need to be chelated, or connected to a protein that it is naturally digested with. In fruit and vegetables, all the vitamins are connected to some other protein, and the vitamin is digested along with it. There are some vitamins that are synthetically chelated, and these tend to be many times more absorbable than regular vitamins. But nothing beats just eating the right foods.
thanks captain. if you read above, you'll know I'm not drinking these voluntarily and if you look at my last post that details what foods I ate, you'll be aware that I had a good balance of the different food groups in their appropriate proportions.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
waitwait the prescription thing (authority script?) means I can get them for like $1.50 when they retail for something ridiculous like ~$7 each.

This is them http://www.shopping.com/Nestle-Clin...ry-27-Pack-8oz-Nestle-Clinical-Nutrition/info That doesn't have all the info but it's the only reference I can find to it on the web. Peach version is gross the wildberry one is nice and orange is pretty decent.

idk how the fat thing works because I've put on ~5 kilos in the last 8 months with drinking one of those per day being the only change in my diet.

They're 250 calories in 237mls
Interesting, they aren't milk based like protein shakes or something like Sustagen?

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
i literally ate the same thing as yesterday but eggs for breakfast instead of a protein shake

i'm a boring food person

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
brekkie
- 2 slices wholemeal toast with half a large avocado and 2 slices of cheese

lunch
- 3 quarter pieces of sandwiches (one vego, one salmon and dill, one chicken and some unidentified reddish substance)

arvo teaish
- large milkshake
- half a serving of chips
- schooner bulmer's
- redbull/vodka

dinner
- pipsqueak
- pork nachos omnomnomnomnomnomnom

~later~
3 LARGE glasses red wine
125g tasmanian camembert, 8(?) vita weet biscuits

effyhate

autism inspector
HSC
brekkie
- 2 slices wholemeal toast with half a large avocado and 2 slices of cheese

lunch
- 3 quarter pieces of sandwiches (one vego, one salmon and dill, one chicken and some unidentified reddish substance)

arvo teaish
- large milkshake
- half a serving of chips
- schooner bulmer's
- redbull/vodka

dinner
- pipsqueak
- pork nachos omnomnomnomnomnomnom

~later~
3 LARGE glasses red wine
125g tasmanian camembert, 8(?) vita weet biscuits
fuckan h8 u
(ily)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)