What have you sacrificed for the HSC this/next year. (1 Viewer)

Freckles14

HSC
I haven't really given up anything yet - except dancing, which I hated (and that was months ago).

Seriously guys we can't do nothing but study. If you're dropping everything already, what are you going to drop next year when the pressure's REALLY on? We should give ourselves a break - it's just the HSC.

jaychouf4n

HSC
ALOT less dota

i used to play 2-3 games a day for ~1-2h

now i get like 1 game a week?

mharris

HSC
jesus christ some of u are giving up a lot, how much do u study a night?? gosh im stayin constant 2hrs every night and i still surf, skate, rugby, soccer and swimming, o yeah and i have a social life, im getting through all my work and study, and did well with 1st assignments

Poad

HSC
lol @ all the dota quitting.

I played 2-3 dota games a day during my HSC exam period.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Poad said:
lol @ all the dota quitting.

I played 2-3 dota games a day during my HSC exam period.
Shall we see the end result?

Poad

HSC
lyounamu said:
Sure.

I Dux'd my grade the last two years in a row, by the way.

(Not gonna happen again this year, but meh, you know what I'm getting at)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Poad said:
lyounamu said:
Sure.

I Dux'd my grade the last two years in a row, by the way.

(Not gonna happen again this year, but meh, you know what I'm getting at)
It's ON
You should compare your 3u maths HSC results, whoever wins is better :D

Also, if you DO get a good UAI, it's kinda obvious that you DIDN'T play dota 2-3 times a day, 'cause that's just stupidly impossible.. Nobody can do that

/hijack.thread

Poad

HSC
youngminii said:
Also, if you DO get a good UAI, it's kinda obvious that you DIDN'T play dota 2-3 times a day, 'cause that's just stupidly impossible.. Nobody can do that
You're telling me that you're going to study 24 hours a day? If not, then *gasp*, its quite easy to play a couple of games of dota a day.

But anyway, I was just highlighting that you dont have to give up all the things you enjoy doing just because of the HSC. Hell, I rarely did homework in Yr 11 and 12 and I still got pretty good marks. Its about how effectively you study, not about how long you do.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Maybe this guy ^ is just talented. I know one of my older cousins did zero study during his primary school, high school and even uni. All he did was play video games all day. Yet he graduated and is now a biomed engineer, FTW >.<;

</jealous>

Poad

HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Maybe this guy ^ is just talented. I know one of my older cousins did zero study during his primary school, high school and even uni. All he did was play video games all day. Yet he graduated and is now a biomed engineer, FTW >.<;

</jealous>
*shrug* I'm not saying I did zero study, but I pretty much only studied when it counted. I wasn't one of those "study every night" people, more like "massively cram 1-2 days before", and that worked for me.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lol i gave up DoTA too
mainly other computer games too

but now i play ping pong and super smash bros in the youth centres next to the libraries, spend more time playing ping pong than studying

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Poad said:
*shrug* I'm not saying I did zero study, but I pretty much only studied when it counted. I wasn't one of those "study every night" people, more like "massively cram 1-2 days before", and that worked for me.
hear hear

shell.q

HSC
lol. i feel like a total looney i didnt give up anything i idk wast i would do.
i have to give up social and/or tv i think
but i still swim 7 times a week, go to the gym 3 ti mes work around 12hrs a week n do school aswell as spend saturday and most sundays with family and go to youth group on fri night and some sundays go to church. so really i shold stop something soon before i die.

ashle.

HSC
ahhh i havent sacrificed much at all, if anything im taking on more activities because my life isn't just studystudystudy... atm im dancing 3x a week, jog every other day, have a bf and see him every w/e, getting a job, learning to drive, soon going to audition for a musical which means 6hrs rehersing a week and also take up rock eisteddfod next yr. fun!

stephles

HSC
hey... at least you guys have the OPTION of giving up those things...
i go to boarding school...
cant have a job...
all the games on the net are blocked (not that i play them)...
cant go out partying...
at least you guys have the choice... stop complaining lol

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
What the hell IS dota?
I've heard other people make references to it but i never understand what it is exactly.

For my HSC i didn't give up much really until the trials and final exams; it's about having balance. Then again, I was never into sport or many primetime tv shows so it wasn't hard. All I had to do was delete my myspace and cut back a little on parties etc.
Our teachers told us we weren't allowed to read anything but prescribed texts or course-related material, so a lot of people stopped reading as a leisure activity. It actually encouraged me to read non-school books during the year. Really relaxing.
Don't give everything up; you'll be so unhappy that your study won't be productive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)