what is a good combination among these commerce majors? (1 Viewer)

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Re: ANU commerce vs macquarie commerce which is better?

I want to major in accounting and marketing

I dont live in Canberra but I have absolutely no problem moving there.
I'm doing B Comm Marketing at Macquarie and I personally would have no problem recommending it to others. It's a good campus, with lots of activities and support and I like how we can do an internship as part of our degree. As for accounting, it's huge at Macquarie with lots of students, but if you're majoring in accounting - did you want to do your CA/CPA afterwards?

sghguos

HSC
N/A

I'm doing B Comm Marketing at Macquarie and I personally would have no problem recommending it to others. It's a good campus, with lots of activities and support and I like how we can do an internship as part of our degree. As for accounting, it's huge at Macquarie with lots of students, but if you're majoring in accounting - did you want to do your CA/CPA afterwards?
yeah I want to do a CA afterwards but why>?

Atlas

HSC
N/A

yeah I want to do a CA afterwards but why>?
If you choose Macquarie - just make sure that when they give you academic advice (i.e. during enrolment they'll help you pick your units) tell them that you want to be a CA afterwards, that way, they'll tell you which units you need to pick.

What are you looking for in a university?

sghguos

HSC
N/A

If you choose Macquarie - just make sure that when they give you academic advice (i.e. during enrolment they'll help you pick your units) tell them that you want to be a CA afterwards, that way, they'll tell you which units you need to pick.

What are you looking for in a university?
I want to have good job opportunites when I graduate in marketing also I want to have a good social life especially with korean people.

Do you also happen to know which major best complements a marketing major I was looking at international business or HMR?

Atlas

HSC
N/A

I want to have good job opportunites when I graduate in marketing also I want to have a good social life especially with korean people.
Get some work experience during your degree, it really boosts you job opportunities after you graduate. We have a Korean student society on campus, are you Korean? (lol if you are, they let you join the society) There's lots of Korean shops and eateries in the surrounding suburbs as well.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Get some work experience during your degree, it really boosts you job opportunities after you graduate. We have a Korean student society on campus, are you Korean? (lol if you are, they let you join the society) There's lots of Korean shops and eateries in the surrounding suburbs as well.
Do you also happen to know which major best complements a marketing major I was looking at international business or HMR?

Atlas

HSC
N/A

Depends on what kind of jobs you want to get into or the sort of subjects you are interested in? Most of the majors in the commerce program will complement each other in some way.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Re: For bachelor of commerce (international) do you have to study major a language?

no u cannot

you can study accounting & marketing and go on exchange without doing commerce international

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Re: For bachelor of commerce (international) do you have to study major a language?

I was wonderingif I could major in accounting and marketing and go on an exchange program without majoring in the internation studies area.
You don't need to major in international studies to go on exchange, but if you want the units done overseas to count towards your degree - just make sure you check before going on exchange.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

lol what? then what's the point of studying comm (intl)? you can just to normal commerce and go on exchange then

runnable

HSC

lol what? then what's the point of studying comm (intl)? you can just to normal commerce and go on exchange then
Comm Int is a bit of a gimmick. I guess the only plus is being able to go on exchange and essentially transfer any course back for credit while in a normal Commerce program, you need to get them individually matched for credit transfer.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
can you do master of commerce at UNSW in "1year" if you done B.comm

can you do master of commerce at UNSW in "1year" if you done B.comm

runnable

HSC
Re: can you do master of commerce at UNSW in "1year" if you done B.comm

No. It's designed for Business graduates.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
do UNSW commerce people look down on Macq commerce people (honestly)??

do UNSW commerce people look down on Macq commerce people (honestly)??

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: do UNSW commerce people look down on Macq commerce people (honestly)??

they're shit coz we got higher ATARs than them...

Seriously I don't think most people do, Macq is a pretty good uni from what I hear.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

I don't know I don't go to UNSW.

But at the end of the day, does it really matter?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Do they look down upon Macq? Probably.

Should they? Probably not.

As Azure and kaz1 said - it doesn't really matter. It is a good uni, particularly for actuarial (or so I've been told).

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

they dont look down on you. they just feel sorry for you.

jk

sghguos

HSC
N/A
If I go to Macq Uni and transfer to UNSW B comm will I graduate same time as others?

If I go to Macq Uni and transfer to UNSW B comm will I graduate same time as others?

So basically will I get my B.comm the same time a person that went to UNSW B.comm from the very start?

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Re: If I go to Macq Uni and transfer to UNSW B comm will I graduate same time as othe

If you go to MacQ and transfer to UNSW, You'll have to apply for credit for some units that you did at MacQ and are relevant with UNSW's B.Comm. If you get credited for the units, then you won't have to re-do them at UNSW. If you don't, you'll have to repeat the units that are at UNSW that were once similar to your units from MacQ.

Long story short, if you get credit for all the units from MacQ then yes, you'll graduate same time as other students. If not, you'll have to do those units all over again hence delaying you about 1 semester behind the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)