• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What is motivating you towards those outsanding HSC results (1 Viewer)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
insert-username said:
I don't have a tutor for anything, don't worry. And it's probably likely to stay that way... :p

I_F
Woohoo, me too!

I'm personally fine without tutoring, I mean I don't see why I can't just put in the work myself. Also, even if I wanted it, my parents wouldnt get it for me, so it definitely won't happen.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Also, in regards to my motivation for doing well, I would say:

*Getting to do something I would enjoy in Uni
*Relinquishing the title of "smart person in the family" from my cousin
*Proving my parents wrong as they've doubted my ability to perform for a long time saying I'm too lazy

That's basically it.

H

housemouse

I have no motivation at all and i sometimes wonder what Im going to do after i finish school

vizman

HSC
Boxxxhead said:

*Proving my parents wrong as they've doubted my ability to perform for a long time saying I'm too lazy

That's basically it.
lol i totally agree. and beating certain people. >= )

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Boxxxhead said:
That's basically it.
Same story here.

Pace_T

HSC
well i finished my hsc but im going to put in my 2 cents anyway
a lot of things motivated me throughout the year

my arch enemy was set for geting the highest uai in our grade and obviously i wasnt going to let her do that. so i stole her 1st place ranks

secondly i wanna do something i like at uni. i dont want to be stuck with some shit course dreading uni like i've seen a lot ppl doing

also, my family aren't all that educated so i wanted to show all my relatives that i could do it

but most importantly, my brother couldn't finish his hsc in 2003 and his rival ended up getting dux and the highest uai in the recent history of my school
i was motived to make up for his shortfall. so i got dux of the school, highest uai in my year and i beat his rival's uai by 0.05

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Pace_T said:
well i finished my hsc but im going to put in my 2 cents anyway
a lot of things motivated me throughout the year
my arch enemy was set for geting the highest uai in our grade and obviously i wasnt going to let her do that. so i stole her 1st place ranks
secondly i wanna do something i like at uni. i dont want to be stuck with some shit course dreading uni like i've seen a lot ppl doing
also, my family aren't all that educated so i wanted to show all my relatives that i could do it
but most importantly, my brother couldn't finish his hsc in 2003 and his rival ended up getting dux and the highest uai in the recent history of my school
i was motived to make up for his shortfall. so i got dux of the school, highest uai in my year and i beat his rival's uai by 0.05
Thanks. Interesting story.
That only works if you're 2nd and you are aiming for 1st. What if you're below average and near the bottom like me?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
ok. i have a new motivatioN!!

make sure that bookie doesn't "pwn" me in the hsc!! >=/
grrr..

Pace_T

HSC
Sparcod said:
That only works if you're 2nd and you are aiming for 1st. What if you're below average and near the bottom like me?
thats a good point
i was in the middle of the year for a really dumb school (no recent grade has gotten more than 2 90+ uais). i was i nthe middle of the grade right up to the end of year 11. i cant remember what my ranks were i cant find the records but i know that in year 11 i was 2nd last in the grade for 2 unit maths. i cant remember the rest but i was around middle in the grade for most subjects (bearing in mind my school is ranked 500+ in 2004 lol)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Sparcod said:
your rank will improve, as you have had only one assessment for each subject =]

Last edited:

Always

HSC
I like having a goal to work towards and something positive to focus on, and I guess that's what motivates me. Also, I want to be able to prove to myself that I can do this and that no one can drag me down.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
shinji / d3sp said:
ok. i have a new motivatioN!!

make sure that bookie doesn't "pwn" me in the hsc!! >=/
grrr..
I don't think I can pWn you.

Sir, I don't know if you're aware, but 9 units of subjects as indicated by your signature will not allow you to qualify for a HSC.

If that is the case, I pWn you by default.

always said:
I like having a goal to work towards and something positive to focus on, and I guess that's what motivates me. Also, I want to be able to prove to myself that I can do this and that no one can drag me down.
care to elaborate on that goal?

I just want to know for dragging down purposes.

A l

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Sir, I don't know if you're aware, but 9 units of subjects as indicated by your signature will not allow you to qualify for a HSC.
If you check the profile of shinji / d3sp and look in the "Additional Information" section you'll see that he probably forgot to include Physics in his signature. Thus, he does 11 units.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Bookie said:
I don't think I can pWn you.

If that is the case, I pWn you by default.

care to elaborate on that goal?

I just want to know for dragging down purposes.
BAH!

forgot to include physics .. .lmao >_<

i knew there was something wrong ... o_O''

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Wow 13 units, Kent, how are you handling the workload so far?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)