• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What is motivating you towards those outsanding HSC results (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
if you cram everything in at the last minute, wouldn't you have it real clear in your head the next day?
probably not, as you would be stressing your arse off trying to remember it all !

mitsui said:
hahaha true. >D
but i wann get rid of the habit
@dennis:
.--' yes. there is always tmr
i think all of us just need some discipline =P haha you end up doing work today? as you said you would last night !

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Unless you're good at cramming and have experience in it. XD

It's not for everyone though.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
To be the first person to complete the 2000+ (possibly 4000+ by next year) post, 99+ UAI double.

As well as what Insert unsername said, to get a high UAI and give me freedom of any choice I want.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
i haf been cramming onli
so donno if it will still work for the hsc yr
haha

karoooh

HSC
Mines freedom of choice as well, but subjects can linit your choice either way... I heard the bridging courses weren't that good, so I'm not gonna try it out... We'll see... :p

Getting into the courses I want is a motivation; checking out the different types of courses I have interest in; beating the people at my school that think they're so bloody high and mighty as well as the ones that look down on you; beating my sister's UAI; a way of thanking my tutor for all the effort she's put it in as well as my teachers at school... I'm sure there's more... Do I need anymore? LOL :D

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
karoooh said:
Mines freedom of choice as well, but subjects can linit your choice either way... I heard the bridging courses weren't that good, so I'm not gonna try it out... We'll see... :p

Getting into the courses I want is a motivation; checking out the different types of courses I have interest in; beating the people at my school that think they're so bloody high and mighty as well as the ones that look down on you; beating my sister's UAI; a way of thanking my tutor for all the effort she's put it in as well as my teachers at school... I'm sure there's more... Do I need anymore? LOL :D
Haha, beating others feels good.

I think getting into university courses is the best motivation. Most people are capable of working hard for something they really want. Also, it's good to set yourself unusually high standards because that way, you know you'll be giving 100%.

Cramming is different for everyone. Pro crammers can cram themselves into duxhood (*cough* Airness *cough*). Best be safe than sorry though, so get studying.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
Cramming is different for everyone. Pro crammers can cram themselves into duxhood (*cough* Airness *cough*). Best be safe than sorry though, so get studying.
just like my cousin haha.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol damn. isn't Dreamerish the supportive & inspiring type? XD

hmm. i guess desire to beat my sisters in the hsc!! >D
but off to a pretty crap start =/

cramming was never meant for me... i've tried and nearly basically failed a test. =/
never wanted to cram from that day onwards!!

i also wanna get the Uni course in which i desire.. also not to make my family look bad - -;; [[ in relation to relatives ]].
Oldest sister got 88 point sumin
Younger [ yet older than me ] got 89.5 i think.
mum is expecting me to get 90+ . i also wanna get 90+ ... hopefully 94+

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:

Relax by ...whatever else you can think of that won't get you ... home after 12 am. Sleep is important.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :)

Dreamerish*~ said:

Pro crammers can cram themselves into duxhood (*cough* Airness *cough*).
:p Couldn't have done it without you pinkish.

My motivation derives from a natural drive to succeed. I hate coming anything other than 1st. Though thast didn't stop me wasting a crapload of time. =/ Hence caution: do not cram if you know you're not that kind of person. And if you are capable...RESIST!

Oh and of course i wanted to make my parents proud. And Dreamerish*~ of course :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Lol, Airness are you Dreamerish's bf? You guys sound close. :)

A l

HSC
N/A
My motivation comes from increased competition at school and my parents are always comparing me to peers who are often better than me. Anytime that I beat them in an assessment task, it's like a time for celebration....lol.;D

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
A l said:
My motivation comes from increased competition at school and my parents are always comparing me to peers who are often better than me. Anytime that I beat them in an assessment task, it's like a time for celebration....lol.;D
Don't do that. What if the best got sudden bad luck and got 40% and you got 41%. It's good to see competition building up.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I have plenty of motivation from family and competition from peers. Recently my cousins from my dad's side had done the HSC scored low 90s as their UAI, and on my mum's side it is pretty much the same except for one who got like 98-99 UAI. Now, everyone expects highly of me and some reckon I'll get like 99-100 UAI. Yes, I have been working hard and I might be lucky enough to get that immortal score but it has already come at a cost. Unfortunately, my cousins from my dad's side (the people in my generation level) have alienated me and labelled me as a nerd thanks to their dislike of my committments and temporary sacrifices, and maybe their jealousy of my achievements. Although many of them go to very good selective schools, it appears that they do not understand my attitudes and beliefs, as a typical selective student would, especially when it comes to the HSC (sadly enough, this includes those who have finished their HSC).
My motivation now comes from the adults in my family and teachers who encourage me to climb up my mountain to success. It also comes from peers who are the kind of people who go ecstatic when they beat each other or top the class/grade.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Airness said:
Nuh uh. We're mortal enemies. :uhhuh:
Damn right.

Besides, Airness is gay!
He is only interested in buffed-up, shiny basketball players.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Damn right.

Besides, Airness is gay!
He is only interested in buffed-up, shiny basketball players.
....why ruin me like this :(

OH IT'S TRUE IT'S TRUE!!!

Dremerish is buffed up and shiny but no basketball player. Keep balls away from her :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Airness said:
....why ruin me like this :(

OH IT'S TRUE IT'S TRUE!!!

Dremerish is buffed up and shiny but no basketball player. Keep balls away from her :p
Me? Buffed up and shiny?

You just made yourself a powerful enemy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)