What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

Riddles said:
they might not be stupid, they may just be blind
They're stupid. She still has to speak, so unless they're deaf as well...

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i never suggested that being a virgin was bad, only wondered why it was viewed as incredibly virtuous.

it's fine if you want to wait marriage, i personally admire the determination that must take. however i wonder at the people who hold it up as something that defines them or something that makes them more pure or "special"

i still haven't seen an answer to that.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
beccaxx said:
im a proud virgin. its not bout not bein able 2 get any.
That's specious reasoning. Have you ever tried to sleep with someone? By your logic, I could survive a fight with 5 lions. I've never tried, but that's because I'm so awesome.

J

jhakka

If you're willing to deal with any possible consequences (pregancies, STDs, etc) at this age, and if your own beliefs (religious, cultural, personal, etc) don't conflict with it, then go ahead.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
jumb said:
That's specious reasoning. Have you ever tried to sleep with someone? By your logic, I could survive a fight with 5 lions. I've never tried, but that's because I'm so awesome.
when you're a girl it's easier to judge because its the guy that puts in the effort to get you into bed.
she may have had offers to justify the belief that she could get some if she wanted it.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Beckiki_S said:
when you're a girl it's easier to judge because its the guy that puts in the effort to get you into bed.
she may have had offers to justify the belief that she could get some if she wanted it.
Did you know I can survive a fight with 5 lions?

somechick

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
i never suggested that being a virgin was bad, only wondered why it was viewed as incredibly virtuous.

it's fine if you want to wait marriage, i personally admire the determination that must take. however i wonder at the people who hold it up as something that defines them or something that makes them more pure or "special"

you sound like you had a personal attack on yourself?

its special in religions because the person hasn't been screwed by a series of people they dont know anymore, don't care about anymore or just dont matter anymore. emphasis on the 'anymore'.

I dont know anyone who parades around the town yelling "im a proud virgin"? today it seems like its a derogatory term, like a lot of people here said so.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
somechick said:
its special in religions because the person hasn't been screwed by a series of people they dont know anymore, don't care about anymore or just dont matter anymore. emphasis on the 'anymore'.
How pretentious of you to suggest that everyone that has had sex out of marriage has been in numerous annonymous orgys. Just because people have sex out of marriage, it doesn't mean they don't love or care for each other.

Wake up to yourself.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Tulipa said:

i dont feel special
i might feel pure...u know untouched etc
i dont really feel anything that different..but then again i dont know how it feels to have had sex
i only know of my friends experiences and they have all been bad and regretful

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
jumb said:
How pretentious of you to suggest that everyone that has had sex out of marriage has been in numerous annonymous orgys. Just because people have sex out of marriage, it doesn't mean they don't love or care for each other.

Wake up to yourself.
well with marriage you can have sex and get divorced and have sex in 10 different marriages throughout your life
what if the person you wnat to marry has been married and had sex before
would people hold it against them?

i wouldnt..i dont care so much but a virgin would be nice..lol

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
soha said:
well with marriage you can have sex and get divorced and have sex in 10 different marriages throughout your life

You've gotten a lot cooler over the last few weeks.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i think its something that should be kept to yourself. you shouldnt be judged on whether youre a virgin or not
i think theres a number of reasons why people are virgins
i.e. obviously cant get any
but also that theyre not ready for that kind of thing. its a big deal letting a guy go to that private part of you and unless youve found someone who youre completely comfortable with, otherwise it can be a nervy experience

hmm i dont really know where im going with this

i dont think people should be ridiculed for being a virgin or not, just for proclaiming it. ive always understood sex and other intimate activities to be something private, hence the word intimate, kept between the two (or maybe more?) lovers. i dont get how people can say "ooh i had sex last night, it was good"
it should be private is all im saying.

hmm this isnt whats so good about being a virgin

i dont think that theres anything particularly good about being virgin, its just that youre not ready to progrss to that next stage of your life yet. everything happens in good time, so when you are actually ready for sex it will happen ;)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
soha said:

marriage is a piece of paper. its lost all meaning these days. people getting married, people getting divorced. in my opinion, people should only marry people who they are truly in love with, who they envisage spending the rest of their life with, that they can completely devote themselves too and would never want to have sex with a different person ever again

"to have an to hold, through sickness and in health" yada yada yada

im not saying i dont believe in divorce, i just think people rush into marriage too quickly these days. and these marriages mean little more than a piece of paper.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
somechick said:
you sound like you had a personal attack on yourself?

I dont know anyone who parades around the town yelling "im a proud virgin"? today it seems like its a derogatory term, like a lot of people here said so.
your explanation of why it's special in religion is severly lacking in fact.

please go away and get educated before coming back with an answer

and you didn't answer my question anyways.

what is so goddamn virtuous about being a virgin?

cayte

I think it may have its roots (no pun) in the one-time all-pervading philosophies of Cartesian Dualism where the mind was regarded as a thing of virtue to be venerated and marvelled at, and the body (and the pleasures of the flesh) seen as vulgar, a wild something over which the mind had to exert power and control. It is our cognitive ability that most obviously separates us from the "animals" and thus the drive to have sex, the most primitive of the flesh joys, is somehow bestial and something of which to be ashamed. Unless of course it is housed in a holy union between two individuals which is devoid of flesh-pleasure and is more and emotional thing (another aspect of our essential "humanity" vs "animality").

Yes, I'm being facetious, but it is somewhat interesting.

HSC
N/A
hmmm - how come posting ideas and values and all of that kinda crap get's me bummed out in the bos forums!
well - you were asking for opinions, so i gave mine, and this kinda shit happens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)