What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Tulipa said:
WE KNOW

YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT WHAT A VIRGIN IS FUCK OFF

JUST SOMEONE ANSWER MY Q!

/rant

*breathes heavily* sorry chelz
Tulipa, it's a tough philosophical question that is too difficult to answer. However, if there was an obvious answer, it would probably be based on ideas that are paradoxial to most people, such as you and I.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Tulipa said:
damn

oh well i tried

and im fine not being a virgin thank you very much

oh and i dont regret it one bit :D

unless anyone CAN answer my question then lets just let this thread die
Don't let it die, I think it brings up a good point for us to question the ideas behind the motivation to keep our virginity intact. It's just that your focus question is quite difficult to answer.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
yeah

but then again 90% of responses are about what virginity is

we know what it is, or have a vague idea. what we don't really know is why we think that its such an important thing. why is it the closest you can be to someone? its just physical and that isn't the most important thing about us.

if sex is the most important thing we can offer someone in a relationship then thats seriously fucked.

virginity was never that important to me but i was never IMMENSELY proud of it. i don't really understand why or how you could be. thats why i asked.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Tulipa said:
if sex is the most important thing we can offer someone in a relationship then thats seriously fucked.
Such is life though.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Tulipa said:
hate reality

:(
Oh yeah, but this is where you do as Adam Savage does, and say "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Tulipa said:
yeah and then refuse to listen to reason and do whatever the fuck i want. :)

i want life to be like that goddamnit
Why can't it be?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Tulipa said:
because i have consequence and a thousand people throwing me their cold hard reality at me.

because to get where i want, i have to do what they say.

it kinda sucks like that.
You're making me depressed. I'm not talking to you anymore.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
damien rice shits me

i downloaded his album and i wanted to go jump off a bridge. why on earth would you make your whole album sound the same depressing shit? dont get me wrong, one of it was good. a range wouldve been good.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
damien rice shits me

i downloaded his album and i wanted to go jump off a bridge. why on earth would you make your whole album sound the same depressing shit? dont get me wrong, one of it was good. a range wouldve been good.
You should pose that question to Simple Plan.

HSC
Christian Perspective...

So, the question was raised... "what's so good about being a virgin..." then someone raised "biblical/religious issues." I'm a Christian, I know what's so good about it. I have many, many friends of all ages who are still virgins and proud of it! I'm not a virgin so I'm speaking from the other side... I lost my virginity prior to becoming a Christian. This is why Christian's keep sex for marriage...

It is a mistruth when people presume that Christian's believe sex is bad... thats not what we believe at all! God created sex, he created everything about sex, including making sex to feel good. When he created people, everything was perfect, including sex.

...But then people stuffed up, turned their backs on God and decided they wanted to do things their way. Sin (selfishness) entered the world and people. Everything became shattered and broken because of it. Man's (and woman's) relationship with God became shattered too.

Man (and woman) began disobeying God, one of these being, having sex outside of marriage. God created sex, He knows where its best put. An illustration of the above is a mirror. Imagine that you're holding a mirror infront of your face - perfect image of what you look like, and then you smash it and look down at your reflection again - its shattered and broken, pieces are everywhere and it makes no sense... That's what sex is like when its taken out of where it was created to be!

Some NON BIBLICAL points to consider on why its worth saving your virginity:
~ imagine waiting until the night when you're securely married the the person you love with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and then you can give them everything you have... wouldn't that be better than the scraps you have left from all the broken relationships and trust from the past?
~ you can both learn with each other. there is no need for any pre judgements and the sex can be a journey into seeing what makes each other happy.
~ relationships that breakdown (i can speak from experience here especially!!!) hurt so much worse when sex is involved between the two people. another illustration... 2 pieces of bread, one with peanut butter on it. put the two pieces together and take them apart again... the other piece of bread has parts of the other... you can't have a relationship involving sex without giving a part of yourself to the other person. and when you break up, and most dating relationships do compared to marriages, it just hurts more and more.

Hope this helped some people, even if it wasn't to sway you from loosing your virginity before marriage, maybe it helped you understand where Christian's are coming from in keeping it!

Catch ya!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
pantha-princess said:
and then you can give them everything you have...
sex is everything you have? poor child. whatever happened to your personality, mind, wit, compassion, feelings?

pantha-princess said:
An illustration of the above is a mirror. Imagine that you're holding a mirror infront of your face - perfect image of what you look like, and then you smash it and look down at your reflection again - its shattered and broken, pieces are everywhere and it makes no sense... That's what sex is like when its taken out of where it was created to be!
so you're basically saying sex is makes no sense? that it shatters you?

so hows the sheltered world treating you?

fuckin gronks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)