what is storytelling?!? (1 Viewer)

unadultarated

HSC
Through the telling and receiving of stories, we become more aware of ourselves and our shared human experiences.

Explore this statement with close reference to your prescribed text

Storytelling invites us to see the world differently through challenging our assumptions.

Discuss this statement in relation to your prescribed text.

What I am not understanding is what is meant by storytelling, this is for a novel as my prescribed text, Vertigo by Amanda Lohrey.

Kangaaroo

HSC
N/A
I haven't read that novel, but I'm assuming you're in year 11 advanced English?

If the question asks you about storytelling, you should look at how characters of your novel have constructed narratives. Are they constructing stories about someone to paint them in a bad light? Do they retell the stories of their past to provoke sympathy and pity from other characters? Do they use the act of storytelling to bond, connect with, or relate to other characters? And, if they do any of those things, what might that tell us about that character, and by extension, the world or the human experience as a whole.

It's a pretty broad concept, as you can tell. Because of this, it's important to hone in on how storytelling is represented specifically in your prescribed text. If you're unsure about this, it would be best to ask your teacher for some help, or maybe another classmate who you know has a solid understanding.

Cocolatte1107

HSC
N/A
Hey I was hoping someone could help me with this question I have for my english exam -->"It is through the telling of stories that we come to understand what it means to be human. Explore this statement with close reference to your prescribed text (Vertigo by Amanda Lohrey)."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)