What is the best trilogy of books or series? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I really like this trilogy called the Bartimaeus Trilogy... I loved and hated the ending at the same time. As in I understood why it had to happen, but didn't want it to... aside from that I really like the Harry Potter novels, though that's nothing out of the ordinary.

selablad

HSC
The Legends of Elita, Kate Jacoby.

Not *the* best, but I liked it...

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
The Belgariad Its the only decent series i've ever read. Which isn't too much.

EDIT: Acutally, I read it to procrastinate. It was only good because It was better than doing homeowrk.

Last edited:

jtran

HSC
the twilight series, wud b my most recent. but it can never beat lord of the rings, harry potter, sherlock holmes...

nayyarv

His Holiness
HSC
Isaac Asimov's Foundation trilogy is by far the best set of books i have ever read

btw

Benny_ said:
Godfather series my Mario Puzo. Or Dark Tower series by Stephen King.
Puzo only wrote one Godfather book. It was really awesome, and he helped adapt it into three films.

The first film is an adaptation of the book, the second and third are completely different, just some random ideas

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
My favourite has to be Fitzpatrick Series (no offence to Cambridge Series by the way). Fitzpatrick Series never fails to keep me busy. They just have endless amount of questions for me to solve. The more I solve the more I have to go. Fitzpatrick Series always keep me challenged. There are 10000 ways in which certain question can be solved but I only know one or two but these books stimulate my mind so that I can think of 9999.

Last edited:

selablad

HSC
foram said:
The Belgariad Its the only decent series i've ever read. Which isn't too much.
That's a sweet story :) My biology teacher is obsessed with it...she is always wanting to discuss it and other fantasy novels with her students...

lyounamu said:
My favourite has to be Fitzpatrick Series (no offence to Cambridge Series by the way).
LOL!

bleu

HSC
lyounamu said:
My favourite has to be Fitzpatrick Series (no offence to Cambridge Series by the way). Fitzpatrick Series never fails to keep me busy. They just have endless amount of questions for me to solve. The more I solve the more I have to go. Fitzpatrick Series always keep me challenged. There are 10000 ways in which certain question can be solved but I only one or two but these books stimulate my mind so that I can think of 9999.
I know you like maths books, nothing wrong with that, but just out of curiosity, do you like actual reading, as in fiction books etc? :)

Excellent trilogy:
His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman

Good series:
Harry Potter
Tomorrow Series
Obernewtyn chronicles.....

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bleu said:
I know you like maths books, nothing wrong with that, but just out of curiosity, do you like actual reading, as in fiction books etc? :)

Excellent trilogy:
His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman

Good series:
Harry Potter
Tomorrow Series
Obernewtyn chronicles.....
Hahaha... Of course!

My favourite subjects are Mathematics and English. Why wouldn't I love reading? I read about 1 hour a day or more (whatever I can grab my hand on). My favourite books (apart from Fitzpatrick and Cambridge Series) haveto be Hamlet or Romeo & Juliet (adapted versions, by the way).

Artemis.

HSC
Chronicles of Narnia.
Loved them all since I was a kid.

kony

HSC
The Belgariad + The Mallorean, David and Leigh Eddings.

SiN3m

HSC
Dark Hunter series by sherrilyn kenyon
or mayb the
Vampire Huntress series by L.A Banks

raven2000

HSC
Ive read most of the books here and have been recommended the rest.
However, a few that i would recommend are:
Raymond E Feist's Magician series
Robert Jordan's Wheel of time
David edding's Belgariad series
Diana Wynne Jones's Chrestomanci series
Eoin Coifer's Artemis Fowl series
George R. Martin's A song of fire and ice series
Lian Hearn's Tales of the otori series
Mercedes Lackeys "Valdemar", "Obsidian", "Jousters" and "half blood chronicles" series.
R.A. Salvatores fantasy series
Robin Hobb's "farseer", "liveship traders", "tawny man", and "Shaman's crossing" series.
Stephen King's Dark Tower series
Tad Williams "Memory, sorrow and thorn" series
Terry Goodkind's Sword of truth series- Note: This starts to get crap after a while... He has an obsession with rape.
Ursula K Leguin's Earthsea series
Terry Brooks's Shannara series
Margaret Weis's Deathgate series
Janny Wurts's Cycles of fires series
David Gemmell's Drenai saga
Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series
Christopher Paolini's Inheritance series (sort of like a copy, but it is actually good)
Kate Forsyth's Rhiannon's Ride series

:D
In case you haven't noticed, i like fantasy series.
I haven't read His dark materials, but after all the recommendations i think i might just go and have a look.
Someone said the wheel of time gets boring after a while. All i can say to that is that i had half-yearlys and i was so addicted to it that i couldn't even study properly :( As i result i screwed them up.

selablad

HSC
raven2000 said:
David edding's Belgariad series
I love all David Eddings stuff, but I loved the Elenium/Tamuli way more than the Belgariad/Mallorean stories...I don't know why...everyone always disagrees with me anyway :)

Diana Wynne Jones's Chrestomanci series
:jaw: You're not...serious...are you??

Yeah, I've read and loved most of those...I love fantasy too :D
PS - yes, you should definitely read His Dark Materials, one of my favourite series :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)