• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

WHAT IS THE HARDEST??? (1 Viewer)

thekooldude

HSC
Out of curiosity, just wandering what your opinions are on the difficulty of the science modules.

In Chemistry, which core module is the hardest??
In Physics, which core module is the hardest??

Coookies

HSC
I've only done production and acidic environment and acidic is hardest by far (stupid calculations -_-)

Alkanes

HSC
Hmm so far i don't really like productions of materials (too much content).. acidic environment is ok. Lol the calculations for AE is not that bad actually, its a build up of what you did during prelim.

Last edited:

zeebobDD

HSC
Uhmm since iv already done physics, the hardest for me is motors n generators, but itll differ for others

for chemistry i find acids easier than materials, since im more maths based

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ignoring options for Chemistry, I rekon Acidic Environment was the most difficult.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally:
Physics: From Ideas to Implementation
Why?: Concepts are harder to grasp and a lot of content.

Chemistry: The Acidic Environment is probably harder than The Production of Materials but I haven't done Chemical Monitoring and Management.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
For me, the hardest for Chem and Phys were the third topics - Chemical Monitoring and Management and From Ideas to Implementation respectively.

delian

HSC
N/A
Probaby monitoring and management-memorising the different tests for different ions.

delian

HSC
N/A
Oh, and for physics probably motors and generators.

deswa1

HSC
Why does everyone think acidic is hard? I think its way easier than Production (which has a lot more memory). Having said that, neither of them are really hard... Motors and Generators on the other hand is pissing me off.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Apparently Age of Silicon for physics? Or so I heard. I might do that option just to consolidate my SDD work.

asdfqwerty

HSC
Okay so far, Production of Materials and Acidic Environment are equal in difficulty- both have concepts which are easy to understand. Just that one has a lot of rote learning and the other one requires you to understand concepts for calculations.

That being said, I have read ahead in my Chem test books and Chemical Monitoring and Management seems quite difficult because of the different testing for ions, and as well as the compromising stuff for Haber Process.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Why does everyone think acidic is hard? I think its way easier than Production (which has a lot more memory). Having said that, neither of them are really hard... Motors and Generators on the other hand is pissing me off.
Agreed! I hate motors and generators.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Cmon guys, it is very obvious that he is just a troll looking for some reactions. The more you feed him, the more he'll do it. Just report and carry on...

Anyway I heard from some people that Chemical Monitoring was hard. All I remember from it was "According to Le Chateliers Prinfiple..." etc. I got so sick of that. Every. Single. Question.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I only do chemistry... but production of materials was soo easy... so i guess it would have to be acidic environment

luciferous

HSC
Special relativity in the Space module for physics is not that easy to get your head around - I'm finding that module the hardest due to the sheer number of equations

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Apparently Age of Silicon for physics? Or so I heard. I might do that option just to consolidate my SDD work.
If you're doing software developers view of the hardware then age of silicon wouldn't be so bad

mirakon

nigga
HSC
in physics i found motors and generators the hardest (couldn't get my head around some of the induction motors stuff etc), but most find ideas to implementation hardest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)