What is the meaning of life? (1 Viewer)

Jiga

Im not to sure if alcohol is all that bad for you, depends how often etc. Personally, I dont mind gettin drunk wif friends every weekend. I agree that drinking to much is stupid - mainly cos it would cost a fortune. lol

waterfowl

HSC
soha said:
i dont drink alcohol coz i think its wrong
and its bad for you and does more bad then good
Not necessarily. A glass of red wine a day is actually quite good for you. And some doctors even tell you to drink alcohol - my grandmother was ordered by her doctor to drink a glass of Cherry every day (I forget what for though).

Only binge drinking and drinking heavily often is bad for you.

Jiga

^ Yeah ^

I remember hearing red wine is good for ya.

But alcohol in general has good properties, go to NYE for example, everyone is gone, and everyone are friends (Mostly :)) - it brings everyone together sought of

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
waterfowl said:
my grandmother was ordered by her doctor to drink a glass of Cherry every day (I forget what for though).
Alcoholism?

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Back to the topic... I change my mind and say that the meaning is:
To love and be loved in return.

malkin86

HSC
To leave the world a better place than I found it.
- Female 18.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
miaomiao said:
Back to the topic... I change my mind and say that the meaning is:
To love and be loved in return.
and in that order of priority too!

because people who want everyone to love them tend to forget that they need to return some of it sometimes...

Do you mean love as in romantic love? Or just love in general?

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
to be humble....to be gracious...to be a good samaritan...to feel belonged...to believe in something.......................

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
and in that order of priority too!

because people who want everyone to love them tend to forget that they need to return some of it sometimes...

Do you mean love as in romantic love? Or just love in general?
Just love in general. But I think that I initially thought of it after watching Moulin Rouge which is about romantic love.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to miaomiao again."

kaylz

HSC
the meaning of life...

all ism's aside, the meaning of life is something that we will never be able to comprehend. any theories we may have are entirely based on our human concepts of possibility that, if there is "something more" are completely insignificant and irrelevant. the chicken / egg dilemma, for me, rules out the possibility that humans are merely a product of evolution. i can't see that, in a world with so many unanswerable questions, there isn't anything bigger than us... although i'm still not entirely convinced that the world doesn't revolve around me...
female 16

sarahxx

zapmaa
HSC
who cares gee wizz.....if we was ment to know then god on the episode of the simpsons would have told homer.

Eddie2004

HSC
the meaning of life? Hmmm

Memorable Quotes from
The Meaning of Life (1983)

Lady Presenter: Well, that's the end of the film. Now, here's the meaning of life.
[Receives an envelope]

Lady Presenter: Thank you, Brigitte.

[Opens envelope, reads what's inside]

Lady Presenter: M-hmm. Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations. And, finally, here are some completely gratuitous pictures of penises to annoy the censors and to hopefully spark some sort of controversy, which, it seems, is the only way, these days, to get the jaded, video-sated public off their fucking arses and back in the sodding cinema. Family entertainment? Bollocks. What they want is filth: people doing things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties, babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by gay presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens, armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats. Where's the fun in pictures? Oh, well, there we are. Here's the theme music. Goodnight.

~ So, what is the "Meaning of Life"? I guess the meaning of life is whatever Monty Python reckons it is.

Female, 18

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)