What is UNSW like in terms of social life, for Aussie Caucasians? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bio_nut

HSC
Arts is not hard, it's easy Distinctions. I know from personal experience.

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
P.S.: There's nothing racist about not wanting to be the only caucasian in a room full of 100 asians (the same way any foreigner might feel 'out of place' in a huge room full of caucasians). I went to the B. Science Open Day lecture and that's basically what it was like. Say whatever you want, that's the reality of it.
Nah, it's not the reality of it, actually. I'm an "Aussie caucasian". I do science.
There are plenty of caucasians in science. I did have an Asian lab partner in first semester, but I SURVIVED.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Why do arts to get into vet science?

Why not do science?

rx34

HSC
I lol'd

First of all, your a TAFE transfer, so you have this automatic stigma attached of being a hobo/marijuna smoking/drugo that has done shit all in life and finally wants to go to uni and create a future, which he probably wont. This is further exacerbated by your 28 year age.

So to start of with, your looked down upon, the asians will certainly look down on you as TAFE is like, i don't even want to say, what its like, it gives me the shivers. Likewise, the whites will also look down on you 'Oh so you went to tafe!'. "wow your old!" the asians will do this in a language that is exotic but non nonsensical to you. This will be worse at USYD.

Then you have the issue of being an arts student. Arts students are like hermit crabs, or shell fish, bottom of the pile scavengers, that no one looks upto. No kid grows up wanting to be a famous arts student, its something people do cos the got nothing else to do. You will see 0.000002 asians in arts faculty, cos they all do professional degrees like med, law, engo, commerce etc

Then you tell them about how your only doing arts cos its easy and you want to do vet science and don't take an arts degree seriously. You cant say that Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan! No one would take you seriously. Firstly, you have no chance in hell of getting into vet science, a) ur a tafe reject, b) you do arts lol, c) have no experience with animals living in coogee, and no Freddi you poodle dont count, d) your attitude will not get any marks in arts, arts is frikin hard if your not motivated.

Your simply wasting your time at uni, 3 years of arts you'll be 31lol, then anther 5 years of vet science, 36 lol thats if you pass

Just stick to what your doing and stay out of uni altogether.

Nevertheless, the cleanliness of UNSW toilets and its asian inhabitants should be the least of your worries.
Lol I had a bit of a chuckle reading this. It's funny yet true. So what if there are asians in UNSW? Chances are they will probably work harder, achieve better grades and will whoop your pale white ass. It's the cold reality but both white and yellow people would look down on you for being a TAFE transfer, because you won't smart enough to make it in Uni the first place.

Choosing between Uni Syd and UNSW should not be a hard choice for you, since you mentioned you live in Kingsford. But if you want to travel 50 mins to avoid asians, grow up! Best of luck in your miserable racist life.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Most caucasions like USYD because of its old tradition and stuff....if that means anything to you.
asbestos

best toilets are at the ritchie theatre and matthews building ground floor, those are by far my favourite.

mens room that is.

<_<

>_>
and Scientia.

The game of:

"Would you like to buy a vowel?"

"G _ F _ C K Y_ _ R S _ L F "

has been around in the mech eng toilet for TEN FUCKING YEARS.

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
This thread is weird. I'm Asian, an international student, studied at UNSW, English is my first language, I don't limit my social interaction within cliques and I don't pee on toilet seat covers. Naturally, I take offense at the OP's statement. I thought Coogee is one of the more "progressive" suburbs.

Last edited:

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I thought Coogee is one of the more "progressive" suburbs.
It's not. Otherwise Irish people wouldn't get bashed and the Coogee Bay hotel wouldn't be serving contents from an unclean toilet at UNSW.

rx34

HSC
Coogee is dangerous at night. There's always police patrolling the place at night. Car hoons, bogans, abos and all the really rough people. It isn't really a safe place. Go Mosman!

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
im caucasian. doing commerce. woo. i like asians and lol when tutors remember my name cause im the only white one in the class.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol when asian tutors can pronouce strange long asian names, but cannot pronounce white people names, haha.

Last edited:

miaowsha

HSC
This thread is weird. I'm Asian, an international student, studied at UNSW, English is my first language, I don't limit my social interaction within cliques and I don't pee on toilet seat covers. Naturally, I take offense at the OP's statement. I thought Coogee is one of the more &quot;progressive&quot; suburbs.
You see, I'm not Asian but I take offence to the OP's thread on behalf of my gorgeous Asian buddies at UNSW. There is a mix at UNSW just like in other universities. My sister went to USYD and there were international students there too. My experiences with international students is that they are usually very driven and thus best to work with as I am highly motivated too. Ms OP - please go to UWS where you can be "not racist but" whatever. Step away from UNSW and USYD, we don't want you and it's not because of your age or TAFE crap, though I'll laugh simply because you're insecure about that.

Bendent

HSC
arts is all caucasians most parts of unsw are all asians

can always try usyd/uts/umaq?

oly1991

HSC
I'd probably consider myself an "Aussie Caucasian". I'm not overly concerned about the ethnicity of the people in my course, or in the university in general (i'm doing a BCommerce btw). I mean, who cares if someone if asian, indian, arab, latino etc; you will meet people that have similar interests as you, and thus would want to invite these people into your social life. So just party with everyone, and its all good hey! :)

philphie

Banned
HSC
That could be construed as racism imo. I can't see why you can't just have all your friends being asian, wtf is wrong with that?

Anyhow I'm Caucasian and I'll be going there next year
like she said, a lot of asians are sheltered

philphie

Banned
HSC
You're looking at arts courses and youre worried about asians? What kind of asian does arts, seriously?

You seem to have linked dirty amenities to international students. One could infer from that you mean that international students are dirty. Well consider this. Maybe in tafe people find it funny to shit all over the floor. Or maybe other people use the international students toilets because theyre more convenient. Or maybe the cleaning staff aren't up to scratch.

Sooo.. "I'm not judgemental" BUT I think you're an idiot.

fyi the toilets at unsw have little diagrams telling people not to squat on the toilet seat, so any 'asians' can be properly informed about how to use an upright toilet, so they're not that bad.
i'm part asian and doing an arts degree willingly

philphie

Banned
HSC
Coogee is dangerous at night. There's always police patrolling the place at night. Car hoons, bogans, abos and all the really rough people. It isn't really a safe place. Go Mosman!
sheltered much north shore kid?

HSC
Sooo.. "I'm not racist" BUT I have been 'warned' by people that if I go to UNSW, I'll hate it because most students are asians who tend to stick together, so the social aspect will be shit for me..

I'm looking at Arts. What percentage of students would you say are aussie caucasians? Do you think they "enjoy" it at UNSW, in comparison to Usyd?

and this is a pretty bad question to have to ask.. but I know that Ultimo TAFE have some pretty disgusting (female) toilets on the levels where a lot of international students are..

Are the toilets at UNSW (particularly near the Arts faculty, and canteen/cafe areas) clean?

Basically I'd prefer to go to Usyd, which is about an hour away for me; but UNSW is 10 mins away. The convenience is the only tempting factor for me.
started off like a real bogan.

"i'm not racist or nuffin..but"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)