What is UNSW like in terms of social life, for Aussie Caucasians? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
im not asian or indian, went unsw, infact all my lectures i was the only person not asian. i didnt really give a shit, im here to get a degree not find as many white people as possible. i can somewhat sympathise with what you're saying, but it's not something that will really matter in the long run. dont come to uni to hand pick racially your friends, pick a uni thats close/great reputation/you have the marks to get in/you like the feel of it etc.

i got a uai high enough for commerce at any uni, i picked unsw because i like big green open fields and people at usyd sounded like stuck up wankers. sure i saw x9999999999 more asians, it never even crossed my mind. i still made a heap of friends at uni, just because theyre is less whites doesnt mean there is less good mates to make. i admit all the asian friends i made only really spoke to me because i was going well in my subjects, so they knew i wasnt a bum. i didnt really take it personally, they where pretty hard workers as well and overall i got kickass marks.

i also admit asians in general, only really respect you if you're actually going well.. but who cares, thats not asian thats just competitive nature.

ps. best toilets is AGSM building, deans toilet level 2 <3, unleash the fury my unsw friends

Last edited:

midnightmint

HSC
N/A
I went to the Info Day for both unis (after having been to the Open Days in Sept/Oct or whenever that was)..

Have decided on Syd Uni mainly because of the general feel of the campus, though the atmosphere (i.e. prospective students, and the volunteers) was significantly better at Usyd. UNSW seems cold, sterile and uninspiring in comparison.

Oh, and I'll prob be doing one of the science degrees... even though I want to transfer after 1 yr anyway.. I figured I should do something I'd want to stay in, in case I am not able to transfer into the proper Vet Sci.

Valupatitta

HSC
Zomgzzzz dis thread is simply racist!~ im surprised its not deleted yet

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Zomgzzzz dis thread is simply racist!~ im surprised its not deleted yet
I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet. You're like some half-assed troll who seems to lapse into being serious on the odd occasion.

GINN

Banned
HSC
N/A
do the unsw mods even do anything?

i reckon new unsw mods are needed.
Homie Jay, talkid34 or TehAzner 4 mod or something.

but the currents ones graduated and are now well into their professional careers if not doing research.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Homie Jay, talkid34 or TehAzner 4 mod or something.

but the currents ones graduated and are now well into their professional careers if not doing research.
I'd be willing to become a mod. Despite some of my illustrious posts, I've been around here long enough to apply should the opportunity arise.

AshVonB

HSC
Awful toilets are not just confined to one particular uni. At USYD the Carslaw, Transient, Eastern Ave, Quad and Footbridge toilets are all known to be blocked up, gross and flood on occasion. And yes...sometimes there is even pee on the toilet seats. No uni, tafe, shopping centre, train station and so on, is immue to this. If you are so worried, either pee in a bottle or go squat behind a tree.

I hope you encounter blocked toilets that overflow on a daily basis.

I just can't believe that toilets are even a factor when choosing a uni.

midnightmint

HSC
N/A
I don't think that anything that I've said is racist, and I've completely justified the reasons I am concerned.. it's nothing personal against international students, I just know I have a different personality and lifestyle to the majority of them; and would 'click' better at a uni where there are more Aussies.

I'm finished with this thread now, so don't expect me to reply again. Those of you that are obsessed with it really just need to move on.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Awful toilets are not just confined to one particular uni. At USYD the Carslaw, Transient, Eastern Ave, Quad and Footbridge toilets are all known to be blocked up, gross and flood on occasion. And yes...sometimes there is even pee on the toilet seats. No uni, tafe, shopping centre, train station and so on, is immue to this. If you are so worried, either pee in a bottle or go squat behind a tree.

I hope you encounter blocked toilets that overflow on a daily basis.

I just can't believe that toilets are even a factor when choosing a uni.

i went to the uni of syd open day and place looks like a shit hole, im ok with the old stone structures, but like all the science/maths blocks looked really dusty and desolate and there was some message board with shit on it dated years ago! When was the last time that place saw life?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
lots of asian chicks who sucky sucky your fucky fucky. or you could chow down on some sweet and sour dick, if thats your thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)