What languages do you speak fluently? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I am absolutely offended!
Lol where did you learn that?
Sorry askim :(

Funny story actually. I was at this ethnic supermarket place when I was about six, and there was a meat section (chicken, lamb, beef, pork), and they had the Arabic and Turkish translations of each meat.

PORK
DOMUZ
*Pig in Arabic*

Ever since then, I have remembered domuz.

I think I was destined to learn Turkish *tear jerking music*. I enjoy learning it from my friends.

A dream of mine is to go to Beyoglu.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Sorry askim :(

Funny story actually. I was at this ethnic supermarket place when I was about six, and there was a meat section (chicken, lamb, beef, pork), and they had the Arabic and Turkish translations of each meat.

PORK
DOMUZ
*Pig in Arabic*

Ever since then, I have remembered domuz.

I think I was destined to learn Turkish *tear jerking music*. I enjoy learning it from my friends.

A dream of mine is to go to Beyoglu.
Yeah Turkish is a cool language to learn but why the hell do want to go to Beyoglu lol

HSC
Yeah Turkish is a cool language to learn but why the hell do want to go to Beyoglu lol
Because I have (non Turkish) friends who went there, and said it was one of the most beautiful places they've ever been to (they regularly travel). So I sought the advice of Wikipedia, and I just knew it'd be a place I'd love. It's one of the many places I want to go to...

Also, the plus side of going to Turkey is that you get to buy fresh simet from little carts on the street haha

"Beyoğlu is the most active art, entertainment and night life centre of Istanbul."
Yep, I'm there.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Because I have (non Turkish) friends who went there, and said it was one of the most beautiful places they've ever been to (they regularly travel). So I sought the advice of Wikipedia, and I just knew it'd be a place I'd love. It's one of the many places I want to go to...

Also, the plus side of going to Turkey is that you get to buy fresh simet from little carts on the street haha

"Beyoğlu is the most active art, entertainment and night life centre of Istanbul."
Yep, I'm there.
I totally agree that Beyoglu is beautiful, I was there last August, it just seemed strange that someone who is Arab would actually show interest. From my own experience, the Arabic people I have met really resent all things Turkish lol

ps- it's simit :)

HSC
I totally agree that Beyoglu is beautiful, I was there last August, it just seemed strange that someone who is Arab would actually show interest. From my own experience, the Arabic people I have met really resent all things Turkish lol

ps- it's simit :)
Well, you've met some pretty dodgy Arabs. The Arabs I know adore Turks. Argh, I hate intolerance - people disliking others for their ethnicity, especially since it's something that is out of their will. I can't wait to go to Turkey. I was planning to go this year, after the HSC, but plans have changed, and I might be off to Germany, so def middle of next year (when it won't be cold). I can't wait to peruse every museum and building haha.

Woops, I pronounce it simet, so I wrote it that way. Lol whenever I buy pide, I always say pideh. I hate it when people say pide as is. And a lot of people think I'm Turkish, so I guess I'll fit in well there :p

onur91

HSC
N/A
Well, you've met some pretty dodgy Arabs. The Arabs I know adore Turks. Argh, I hate intolerance - people disliking others for their ethnicity, especially since it's something that is out of their will. I can't wait to go to Turkey. I was planning to go this year, after the HSC, but plans have changed, and I might be off to Germany, so def middle of next year (when it won't be cold). I can't wait to peruse every museum and building haha.

Woops, I pronounce it simet, so I wrote it that way. Lol whenever I buy pide, I always say pideh. I hate it when people say pide as is. And a lot of people think I'm Turkish, so I guess I'll fit in well there :p
Yeah but what can you do, some people just can't be changed. Just make sure you do go, well worth the time and money (especially Topkapi Palace). A warning about Istanbul, pickpockets are everywhere plus merchants will scam tourists pretty severely lol.

I'm sure you will fit in well, seeing as how you have some knowledge of Turkish. There are a lot of tourists that visit Istanbul during the Summer/Spring season so a lot of people there would speak horrible English and German (well from what i've experienced anyway) lol

HSC
Thanks for the warning, I'll be prepared for them at the bazaars lol

Topkapi palace is epic! - reading on it now...

onur91

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the warning, I'll be prepared for them at the bazaars lol

Topkapi palace is epic! - reading on it now...
You are quite welcome, it's just sad...and hilarious to see an unexpecting tourist robbed of their wallet, phone, and camera without even noticing for an hour lol

HSC
You are quite welcome, it's just sad...and hilarious to see an unexpecting tourist robbed of their wallet, phone, and camera without even noticing for an hour lol
My wallet has been stolen three times before. :(
I'd probs have to strap it around my body, and learn a few things off my mate chuck norris

onur91

HSC
N/A
My wallet has been stolen three times before. :(
I'd probs have to strap it around my body, and learn a few things off my mate chuck norris
That sucks lol, I just made sure to scrape my hand over the pocket my wallet was in everytime I walked. Yeah It would be good to strap it to your body plus you will have no problems when Chuck Norris teaches you how to roundhouse kick someone square in the face :)

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
English, I would like to be fluent in Japanese although I keep failing

Geoffo11

HSC
English

I'm learning Afrikaans.
Once I learn Afrikaans, Dutch will be easy for me and then once I've learned Dutch I can move on to neighbouring European countries with similar languages.

Jubbie

HSC
English and Cantonese

studying Indonesian beginners at school

can count 1-10 in jap, french, german, mando as well =D!

English Advanced
Mathematics
Indonesian Beginners
Industrial Graphics
Business Studies
Legal Studies

ATAR Aim: 95+
Happy with: 90+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)