what percentage do u need to pass uni? (1 Viewer)

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
wrong_turn said:
haha and for actuarial studies at macq i think a pass is 65.

but often in the advanced courses e.g. optom advanced science, you will need a 65 or 70 average respectively to be passing the degree.

it is all dependant on the course. to be have a better idea of passing marks, it is better to have a look at the handbook for each course for the specific uni.
At macq for actuarial studies, you need at least a credit in certain subjects to meet certain requirements. So in that case, it seems like that you need 65 to pass.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
oh haha i just know that in unsw it is recommended you get a credit average in actuarial to make it easier for yourself because or else you need a distinction overall average in your program to get the exemption for the actuarial association or something like that

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
I'm going to aim for pass in Uni :p

if you think about it, as long as I pass, I'll continue and move on with the people who are getting HD's.

Pass ftw.
Not entirely true. For a science degree, those getting HDs are eligible to take advanced or TSP units and are usually eligible to do honours and perhaps end up with scholarships which makes them more attractive to employers. Those who just pass never get that opportunity. :p

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
o0o_chris_o0o said:
Like 3 of my 8 lecturers this year have maintained the policy of "P's get degree's"
These days, the piece of paper isn't enough.

The well-aged fallacy of 'P's get degree's' is now outdated in a lot of industries if you want a serious career. Especially heading into an economic slowdown.

Last edited:

zstar

HSC
N/A
I've seen people who pass when they got 47-49%

piitb

HSC
in some courses i seen half the students can't pass an exam. the get over the line overall by getting easy marks by attending labs, assignments etc (which everyone copies anyway)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
piitb said:
in some courses i seen half the students can't pass an exam. the get over the line overall by getting easy marks by attending labs, assignments etc (which everyone copies anyway)
That only works in first year.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
o0o_chris_o0o said:
Like 3 of my 8 lecturers this year have maintained the policy of "P's get degree's"
P's don't get you undergrads with distinction, or into honours.

Credits to me, are passes. I get disappointed with below a distinction. But then again, I want to go onto honours and post-grad.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
ambermorn, regardless, passes still get you degrees.

passes are more relative to the person getting the degree haha... i.e. Ds to get into postgrad or honours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)