What perfume are you wearing at the moment? (3 Viewers)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
those perfumes you're all wearing take about 2 cents to make
for big commercial fragrance companies, that is true.

for smaller niche companies, that is not. i mean, they used to have to comb the beards of goats that ate a particular rock rose to get a particular crushed flower haha.

but basically from what i undersand, the bigger in bulk you can buy, the better. but for limited edition fragrances and lines that only make a couple per scent it doesn't work that way, and it's often difficult to source materials.

Whilst more health regulations are forcing companies to synthesise their notes rather than sourcing natural ingredients (so the goats are no longer used), there are still quite a lot of houses and individual perfumers who seek to make as natural a fragrance as they possibly can, hence the price to make it increases again.

And besides, I know of houses like Frederic Malle's, where he just grabbed a whole bunch of famous perfumers and told them he would put out whatever they made regardless of whether it would sell or not (and they do, i guess that's clever marketing) but they are hidesouly costly both to make and purchase. this is why niche fragrances are more costly to buy

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Hermes - Un Jardin Sur Le Nil

opens smelling exactly like mangoes, and then softens into a citrus which pulls away to a sort of woody but almost powdery base. it's a lovely fragrance and i am pretty sure that i will buy it before summer ends so that i dont use up all my l'eau de tarrocco :)

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I am not really a perfume/cologne kind of person, but I did recently fall in love with Dolcé and Gabbana No. 1 - Le Bateleur. It's awesome :D

It's my first fragrance though.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
yeah i've always liked the bottle. they used to make one with an atomizer on the top too, i'm not sure if you can still get that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)