What perfume are you wearing at the moment? (1 Viewer)

sydchick

HSC
N/A
JLo - Glow. Nice and light.

Unless its her other brand...

Like everyone else, I prefer something lighter for the warmer months and something heavier for the colder ones.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
JLo - Glow. Nice and light.

Unless its her other brand...

Like everyone else, I prefer something lighter for the warmer months and something heavier for the colder ones.
it's not that i like "heavier" fragrances, a lot of the perfume i wear in summer can still be considered quite heavy. for me it's about warm and cool fragrances. so in winter and on cold days i wear perfume with a lot of incenses whereas in summer i might switch to something with more grassy tones like vetiver or iris as well as more floral notea

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I just shaved so I feel I can contribute to this thread: Bay Rum. If any girls know what this is, do they mind the smell? I like it, but I know that girls have different perceptions of smell to us.

Edit: And FYI its like a really simple cheap aftershave, but it is scented. Im just staying at home so I didnt see the point in using expensive aftershave.

Last edited:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
the scent that makes me crazy with lust is joop for men, as strange as it seems it's what does it for me.

and the other day this old german guy sat next to me in a bar and i nearly jumped his bones right there.

i need to get laid real bad :(

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
my boyfriend is about to buy this

the nasomatto bottles are so nice. this is super sweet though, almost like dark brown sugar

johony

HSC
i just impulse bought a*men by thierry mugler for 50 bucks. this is the first non-citrus smelling fragrance i've owned - it's a mix of chocolate, coffee, vanilla and tobacco, so i'll be keen to see how i like it after awhile.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hey guyz

I pretty much know I'm getting perfume for Christmas, mum wants suggestions but idk

I like perfume that smells...like, food? lol like vanilla, cinnamon, spicy type scents or fruity stuff. Also okay with soft floral scents as well.

Any suggestions?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i just impulse bought a*men by thierry mugler for 50 bucks. this is the first non-citrus smelling fragrance i've owned - it's a mix of chocolate, coffee, vanilla and tobacco, so i'll be keen to see how i like it after awhile.
do not really like :eek:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
hey guyz

I pretty much know I'm getting perfume for Christmas, mum wants suggestions but idk

I like perfume that smells...like, food? lol like vanilla, cinnamon, spicy type scents or fruity stuff. Also okay with soft floral scents as well.

Any suggestions?
do you know what your mum's price range is?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i just impulse bought a*men by thierry mugler for 50 bucks
50 bucks? wow, where?

i need to get laid real bad :(
:wave:

also i think joop! has become wayy overused, well particularly in the last few years where department stores etc have started selling it at like 1/3 of the price it used to retail at say, five years ago. omg big w fragrance lol!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I would guess up to about $250 probably
The best way would be to go and try these yourself but here are some ideas to take with you in any case. If you can convince your mum not to worry about price, go into the myer in the city, go to the mecca cosmetics section near the fragrance and ask to speak to clint. he is one of the only males i've seen there, super tall with quiff hair.

He is AMAZING with perfume and totally non-imposing so if you tell him what you want, your price range and what you currently wear he should be able to recommend something for you even if it's not from the niche fragrances they sell there.

Sarah Jessica Parker - Covet

notes: geranium, lemon, chocolate, lavender, honeysuckle, musk, amber.

it's one of the only celebrity fragrances that I have ever liked. The chocolate is rather strong in it, (I know you mentioned you liked foodie fragrances) but all in all it's rather green and fresh.

Armani Code for Women

notes: orange, jasmine, vanilla, honey

I absolutely love this fragrance but I have never bought it because strong vanilla afterscent often gives me a headache. It's spicy but sweet, and the vanilla is very long lasting. It's written up to be oranegy but on my skin I have never noticed that.

Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

notes: citron, hyacinth, jasmine, musk, vetiver, amber

I have always thought that the lingering smell this leaves on me is so vanillary but vanilla isn't listed as one of its main notes. It's incredibly fresh so you may not like it as much as other soft florals, but I enjoy it's very subtle fruitiness.

Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois

notes: cedarwood, orange blossom, rose, violet, honey, plum, beeswax, clove, cardamom and cinnamon

Probably my top recommendation for what you are after. I adore this fragrance. It's classed as an oriental floral and it's just gorgeously delicate. It was originally launched for shiseido but then serge lutens released it under his own name using exactly the same ingredients but adjusting the quantities of each. They sell this in the Mecca in Myer in the city but I can't remember for how much. From memory 50ml was <$200 but you will have to double check.

Diptyque L'eau de Tarocco

notes: orange, grapefruit, saffron, cinnamon, rose, ginger, cedar, incense, musk

I wear this regularly at the moment on hot summer days. It's definitely one of my all time favourites and smells pretty much exactly like blood oranges for the first half an hour until it softens into this lovely soft spice/floral combination. It may be tricky to buy, internets ahoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)