• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What should I do guys (1 Viewer)

jnney

lemon
HSC
since you said you need to revise, then i suggest you revise right at this instantaneous moment. get to it. clean your room and sort out all your different subjects, make a list of everything you need to do. dont you dare give up until that list is finished.

good luck.

loaves

HSC
Use the next 3 weeks wisely, and once you get back to school, don't be scared to ask your teachers! They can tell when you're putting effort in and many of them will be willing to give you extra help to catch up. Believe it or not, most of them became teachers because they genuinely like teaching. :) Good luck!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there anything you got your eyes set on after you graduate from high school?

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Hey,
I didn't exactly hang out with the 'wrong crowd' at my school but I did go to a fairly unmotivated school that didn't go very well overall. What you should do is get a tutor (if you can afford it) as it not only allows you to revise on weekends (or whenever) but it also motivates you to study harder. I hung out with two friends who would use their free periods to go to Stocklands. Instead of following them, I just stayed in the study room and did my homework/studied. Anything is possible :) you still have three terms.

hayabusaboston

HSC
english advance 66%
Physics 53%
Chemistry 52%
Biology 57%
Maths 83%
Maths ext 1 50%
those were my end of year assessment marks
mate it IS your own fault for choosing the path you did, but you CAN change it, that's the main thing. Work harder, get better friends, focus on achieving in life. You can pull yourself out

yoyoyoshi

HSC
N/A
I'm in the same situation as you.
I used to muck up in class, not pay attention and pretty much avoid the tasks given to me. I also gained some mental issues during the start which is why I started skipping school. Though, I really don't want sympathy. So, I'm also trying to get back on track, I'm re-doing my HSC year and setting my goals. I want to work towards them, I know with effort they can be attainable, the goals aren't drastically unrealistic. But, don't sell yourself short of what you can achieve.

I'd highly recommend getting in touch with your teachers; express how you want to do well and ask what can be done to do that. They'll surely help you out, I remember saying that to one of my teachers and he decided to give me extra lessons at lunch along with other students who wanted to put the extra effort. It's not a thing to be ashamed of; it's what teachers get paid to do.

Procrastination. Now, try to avoid that and put initiative into being organised with assignments/homework or notes. Revise the notes and when given assignment tasks read the criteria carefully. I never paid much attention to it, till one glorious day. I read what was needed and put in just that. I received 19/20 for that task, I forgot my graphs and ended up drawing it because I forgot : (.

I actually find visiting this site, highly motivating. I really like to see the effort people put as it makes me aspire to do the same.I feel I'd go on too much with the topic, so basically try your best, study hard but live a little (( don't burn out )) and aim for the goals that you want to achieve.

Best of luck!

asparagus

HSC
N/A
i guess many would consider my friends 'the wrong crowd', the sort that graffiti, ride skateboards, get arrested, smoke, drink and do drugs

i did most of those things

in the month before my hsc i smoked marijuana every day because i suffered from chronic anxiety

and it fucked me up

it really fucked me up

didn't get the atar i wanted now i'm stuck doing a course i'll probably hate just to get a high enough gpa/wam to transfer

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Hey man it looks like you came a really long way bro looking at your goals now it looks great. I mean from barely knowing maths, to knowing owning maths hahhahaa. Good on your bro, for me man term 4 for 12 hasn't been a great start for me i need to revise on all my topics and need to be more organized haha. Looking at where your at now man, you came along way bro congrats man. How did you gain an in depth understanding for physics and chemistry?? Did you use the textbooks mainly?
To be honest, I didn't have an indepth understanding of chem - something I really regret, because if I'd applied myself more I could've got 90+ easily. For physics & maths I watched lots of lectures/videos online, mainly from khanacademy (http://www.khanacademy.org/) and MIT open courseware (http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm). Khan Academy's especially good for maths because it has everything from ~year 8 level algebra to first year college calculus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)