• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what subject do i need 2 choose? (1 Viewer)

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
autumn-angel said:
first of all
it is less likely to get that UAI
and then you even hav sit UMAT
and then an interview
then we hav a shortage of doctors

thats freakin bullshit
I used to wanna be a doctor, but not anymore coz of the excessively high UAI required and UMAT test, which is supposedly hard too
Dentist requires UMAT test too, I'm pretty sure..

I doubt we will have a shortage of doctors... If that does happen they can just get rid of the UMAT test maybe.

Aznmichael92

HSC
agua.fuego said:
Ditching sport was the best thing about Year 11 for me. :)
sport or pd/h/pe?

At my school sport, is compulsory until you finish year 11 but PDHPE is year 10.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
autumn-angel said:
first of all
it is less likely to get that UAI
and then you even hav sit UMAT
and then an interview
then we hav a shortage of doctors

thats freakin bullshit
I used to wanna be a doctor, but not anymore coz of the excessively high UAI required and UMAT test, which is supposedly hard too
We have a shortage of nurses. Im not too sure about doctors. The reason they have all the UMAT and the high UAI, is that medicine is a hard and fairly popular course. They want the best.

autumn-angel

HSC
TearsOfFire said:
Dentist requires UMAT test too, I'm pretty sure..

I doubt we will have a shortage of doctors... If that does happen they can just get rid of the UMAT test maybe.
Yeah dental does
but there probably is a shortage of dentists too

Aznmichael92

HSC
yeah there seems to be so many doctors around. I would like to be a forensic investigator but there are like no jobs availablie. Very limited positions.

Aznmichael92

HSC
sikhman said:
lol

does no-one believe that there's a shortage of doctors?

and forensic investigator isn't really a speciality which is booming.....fairly niche job...
i am not sure about male doctors but I have heard that they are kinda short on female doctors. Not being sexist but there are reasons for male doctors and female doctors. Not going to get into too much detail.

Yeah forensic Investigators you dont really need many, only the cops like need them. three to four is enough per station but the work does sound fun. The negative aspect is that you could see really cruel criminal cases. As in bloody one gruesome ones.

agua.fuego

HSC
hollyy. said:
sport for me in yr 10 consisted of going to a venue, then buying a sickly amount of lassos/clouds etc and sitting on my arse for the rest of the time. ahh miss that.
Now WHY didn't we get sport like that??

agua.fuego

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
sport or pd/h/pe?

At my school sport, is compulsory until you finish year 11 but PDHPE is year 10.
Both :D We get to ditch both once year 10 finishes. I happen to be the laziest person around and as such it's heaven now. Sure, we have more classes on Thursday, but I can sit down. :p

Aznmichael92

HSC
agua.fuego said:
Both :D We get to ditch both once year 10 finishes. I happen to be the laziest person around and as such it's heaven now. Sure, we have more classes on Thursday, but I can sit down. :p
consider yourself lucky

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:
At my school sport, is compulsory until you finish year 11
Not if you cheat the system.

bawd

HSC
autumn-angel said:
cant wait till yr 11 for no sport!!!
Sport is compulsory at my school for Year 11, unless you're doing an offline subject.

hollyy. said:
sport for me in yr 10 consisted of going to a venue, then buying a sickly amount of lassos/clouds etc and sitting on my arse for the rest of the time. ahh miss that.
We did that for recreational sports like Snooker and Bowling. Basically we paid $9 for the bus and entry to the venue, and then we'd spend another $10 on hot food and sweets and sit there, watching people play. But they got rid of it this year because they realised there was no health benefits if students just went and bought hot chips from the canteen. So, bad luck to the junior students after us. :)

Aznmichael92

HSC
Aplus said:
Not if you cheat the system.
lol my school if your name is not on the roll, it is considered truenting. If you do not give them a satisfied reason, they will notify your parents and detention after school on thursday (3:12-4:02)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:
lol my school if your name is not on the roll, it is considered truenting. If you do not give them a satisfied reason, they will notify your parents and detention after school on thursday (3:12-4:02)
I go to your school lol. My name hasn't been on any roll for the last term, and my parents have never been notified. I've just been acting like I've got early leave as a senior.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Aplus said:
I go to your school lol. My name hasn't been on any roll for the last term, and my parents have never been notified. I've just been acting like I've got early leave as a senior.

reallly? whats your name? kevin?

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Be an Asian and do
  • 4 unit Maths
  • Advanced English
  • Chemistry
  • Physics

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Nasonex said:
Be an Asian and do
  • 4 unit Maths
  • Advanced English
  • Chemistry
  • Physics
Nah, Asians do ESL instead of English Advanced.

I am just not Asian enough to do ESL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)