What subjects are in sc. (1 Viewer)

cUfffsxd

HSC
I was wondering if pd/h/pe and my electives are in the school certificate? I heard they are and that they aren't so yea any info?

boo92

HSC
exams for the sc are:
  • english
  • science
  • mathematics
  • history/geography/civics/citizenship (practically his and geo with a facny name)
  • computing skills

Amogh

HSC
N/A
rofl
dude
just go board of studies site

cUfffsxd

HSC
Haha i did go there but meh, my teacher lied then. They said health and electives where in there :< thx everyone!

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Are you sure that they weren't talking about the School Certificate Trials?

jessiminica

HSC
Whilst there aren't exams for them, your marks in the 5 non-tested subjects are recorded, and you can access them. You get given some website and a username/password and your results are on there.

But there's no exam, and from memory, they're not on the certificate you get

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The School Certificate has two components.

School based which results in Grades A - E for the Mandatory subjects and your electives. This is also where there is a record of 'experience' subjects - those that require a set number of hours of study over the 4 years from 7 - 10.

In addition there are the externally examined subjects which are English, Maths, Science, Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship, and Computers.

These are the ones where you get the Bands - 1 - 6 (although I am not sure about Computers getting bands or just a mark).

Together the two components constitute the SC (like school assessments and HSC in Year 12).

I hardly even ask my students in Year 11 what Band they got in the external exam but more what grade they were given as I believe that gives a better indication of ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)