• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What subjects are you thinking of dropping next yr? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fayeee said:
definitely dropping chemistry. :]

MIGHT pick up 4U maths =D

yay, can't wait to get rid of chem
Same intention. However, I will further consider whether to drop Chemistry or not...

fayeee

HSC
i heard that year 12 chemistry gets better..

but, no joke, the majority of the grade got below 50% for chem i think lol

so yeah no more chem for meee =]

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fayeee said:
i heard that year 12 chemistry gets better..

but, no joke, the majority of the grade got below 50% for chem i think lol

so yeah no more chem for meee =]
I heard that but I don't know "how" they get better. Anyone care to explain??

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
lyounamu said:
I heard that but I don't know "how" they get better. Anyone care to explain??
I heard that it has a more interesting syllabus and stuff. Hopefully it's true, I thought Chemical Earth was a bitch...

Here I am, trying to convince you not to drop Chemistry. :p

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Pink Oni said:
:eek: OK, I'm not staying for 3 more years. If 13 Units is decent, then I'll probably extend Japanese
I'm back for my third year and a fourth next year if you want to know why I came back simple to different subjects so that i can follow my aspiration.

I currently do Adv. English; Love (2 units)BUT HATE TEACHER) Ext. English; Love (1 unit), Maths 2U; confusing (2 units), Biology; LOVE (2 Units), Chemistry; Love (2 Units), Geography; Like (2 Units), Food Tech (like) and Nursing [TAFE]; Love (3 units) so i'm doing 16 units and I am definately doing Ext 2 english next year so i'll have 9 subjects possibly 10 if ext bio runs (non-exam just extra-curriculum, extra topic that can help in others is BOS recognised) and i want to drop maths but have no idea if i need it or not, and no-one knows so i might have to do all of them, but i know i can handle it. I THINK

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
marcquelle said:
I'm back for my third year and a fourth next year if you want to know why I came back simple to different subjects so that i can follow my aspiration.

I currently do Adv. English; Love (2 units)BUT HATE TEACHER) Ext. English; Love (1 unit), Maths 2U; confusing (2 units), Biology; LOVE (2 Units), Chemistry; Love (2 Units), Geography; Like (2 Units), Food Tech (like) and Nursing [TAFE]; Love (3 units) so i'm doing 16 units and I am definately doing Ext 2 english next year so i'll have 9 subjects possibly 10 if ext bio runs (non-exam just extra-curriculum, extra topic that can help in others is BOS recognised) and i want to drop maths but have no idea if i need it or not, and no-one knows so i might have to do all of them, but i know i can handle it. I THINK
Your doing HSC again?

shimmer205

HSC
French beginners is gone... Why did I ever take the subject! Go english ext 2...

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Yes, Kaz1 i have come back, and yes i know you think i'm crazy, but let me assure you i'm doing so that i can achieve my aspiration.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
My subjects are:
Math ext 1
Mathematics
English adv
English ext 1
Modern History
Ancient History
Drama
Biology

I am probably dropping Ancient History - so boring especially compared to modern. Its all stupid theories, no one really knows what happened so they make up stupid theories about bog bodies. I am thinking i should have done something else and dropped extensions instead. Agonizing...hmmm:mad1: :confused:

mandy-lee

HSC
foram said:
Ext 2 Math (4 Units) = Ext 1 (2 Units) + Ext 2 (2 Units)
Maths is counted as 2 units
as ext 1 suggests, it is a 1 unit subject
ext 2 is the equivalent of 2 units thus making it 4u maths :]
each ext subject (whether ext 1 or 2) is worth 1 unit
you are unable to do ext 2 without also doing ext 1

hope this helps :]

hu5sla

HSC
legal or retail

decisons decisons..

does anyone know what subjects we can pick up for the HSC year?

RaisethedusT

HSC
I would LOVE to drop cafs. the teacher hates me and the work is ridiculously unstimulating and just...Bleh.
BUT
I top the class every time. (could very possibly be due to the lack of intelligence in my class eg. one girl asked if we were going backwards or forwards in time? then said, its backwards, right?)
Aanyway, i would also like to drop bio. Even though i enjoy it, i just dont get the marks. I really really dont know atm.
I have 15 units, maybe i can just keep them all?

CaityJane08

HSC
I'm desperate to drop hospitality:( The content is boring,the teacher's lazy and we only do prac once a fortnight!!:(:bomb:

bored of sc

HSC
mandy-lee said:
Maths is counted as 2 units
as ext 1 suggests, it is a 1 unit subject
ext 2 is the equivalent of 2 units thus making it 4u maths :]
each ext subject (whether ext 1 or 2) is worth 1 unit
you are unable to do ext 2 without also doing ext 1

hope this helps :]
I'm 99% sure that is incorrect. If you choose to do 4-Unit maths, you still LEARN the 2-unit (advanced maths) work however extension 1 (3-unit) counts as 2 units and extension 2 (4-unit) counts as 2 units. Thus, maths is not counted.

As foram said [extension 1 - 2 units] + [extension 2 - 2 units] = 4 unit maths.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I'm not sure if you HAVE to learn the 2unit Advanced Maths Course if you are doing Ext 2 Mathematics, BUT I'm pretty sure if you don't understand the 2u Advanced Course then you probably won't get Ext 1 and Ext 2 Maths, so it would be wise to learn it.

At my school, they try and make it easier for us, and they let the top class accelerate. So if you're planning to do Ext 1 maths and you're in our top class, they'll force you to accelerate by doing all of 2u in Year 11 and then all of the 3u course in Year 12 - less stress. If you're planning to do 4u maths (provided you are good enough) then they will let you accelerate both 2u and 3u in Year 11 and all you sit is Ext 2 Maths in Year 12 (unless you do bad in 3u in Year 11) - less stress for next year.

As for the unit count it goes like this:
- If you are doing 2u maths - Mathematics (Adv) counts for 2 units
- If you are doing 3u maths - Mathematics (Adv) = 2 units, and Maths Ext. 1 = 1 unit, therefore 2+1 = 3u
- If you are doing 4u maths - Mathematics (Adv) does not count and you cannot sit the exam as its the same time as the Ext 2 Exam, Maths Ext 1 = 2 units, Maths Ext 2 = 2 units, therefore 2+2 = 4u.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)