What subjects is everyone doing for year 11 2012 (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I probably will change my mind.
Ext2math
ext2eng
chem
eco
You can only take up Extension 2 in year 12, there is only extension 1 in preliminary. You also need atleast 12 units in year 11 so you will need another subject. (3+3+2+2=10) Even with another subject that means if in a worst case scenario you are struggling and want to drop one or both extensions you won't be able to until year 12.

dionb2014

HSC
wait so you need 12 units and you can't do extension 2 in year 11. That's gay. Have to rethink, maybe physics as well.

dionb2014

HSC
that makes 12 unit with extension 1 English, extension 1 math, physics, chemistry and economics.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
wait so you need 12 units and you can't do extension 2 in year 11. That's gay. Have to rethink, maybe physics as well.
Yeah, minimum of 12 in preliminary and 10 in hsc. Good choice with physics though = ) I hope you aren't just picking subjects based off scaling though? Since you are planning 4u english you must be good with essays, so have you considered another humanities subject besides eco? (i.e. ancient or modern)

dionb2014

HSC
It's funny you say that because I am really against the whole picking subjects because of scaling thing, if there was no scaling then it would make things simpler but then it would be like adding a punishment to doing the more "difficult" subjects. I am not at all good at history, geography style subjects and that is why I can't wait to finish year 10 so I can be rid of them.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It's funny you say that because I am really against the whole picking subjects because of scaling thing, if there was no scaling then it would make things simpler but then it would be like adding a punishment to doing the more "difficult" subjects. I am not at all good at history, geography style subjects and that is why I can't wait to finish year 10 so I can be rid of them.
Ok thats cool, was just making sure. I was much the same way in year 10/11, i had 3u originally though as well but it was just luck that most of my subjects were subjects that were percieved to have good scaling. I wanted to do IPT though which didnt run and got put into my back up business which my mum and friends said was boring so changed to chem lol

dionb2014

HSC
From the chemistry, commerce, math and english I have done I feel happy and interested in. The history and geography I'm will get around average because I find them quite boring.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I've seen you post in the SC maths thread and stuff and you are just in year 9? What is the rank of the school you go to? If it's a selective school or they offer acceleration you should look at doing the hsc for 2unit maths in year 11. Besides that you seem quite motivated for hsc, the sc literally requires no studying (i got mid band 5s, 91 in science, 97 in computer skills by paying attention in class and studying the night before) - it might be worth looking over some of the stuff you will be doing in preliminary next year so you can maybe start writing notes and self learning hsc content sometime during preliminary before you do it in class.

dionb2014

HSC
I currently go to a school ranking in the mid 60's and am moving to a school ranked in the mid 20's next year. I am accelerated for math and I wish I could be accelerated for more subjects.

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
I'm new here, seems like a good community though!

Here are my subjects:
-Mathematics Extension 1 (Maybe Extension 2 in Year 12 depending how I go in Extension 1)
-English Standard (I really should've picked Advanced....oh well)
-Physics
-Modern History
-Geography
-Studies of Religion

My minimum ATAR goal is only 81 though, hoping for high 80's low 90's though, my expectations aren't too high, the ATAR requirement for the Bachelor of Aviation Flying Stream at UNSW is ~81, so I think that's achievable if I put the effort in!

theman19

HSC
You have time to change from English standard to advanced :D

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm new here, seems like a good community though!

Here are my subjects:
-Mathematics Extension 1 (Maybe Extension 2 in Year 12 depending how I go in Extension 1)
-English Standard (I really should've picked Advanced....oh well)
-Physics
-Modern History
-Geography
-Studies of Religion

My minimum ATAR goal is only 81 though, hoping for high 80's low 90's though, my expectations aren't too high, the ATAR requirement for the Bachelor of Aviation Flying Stream at UNSW is ~81, so I think that's achievable if I put the effort in!
You should be able to change it to Adv within the first four or so weeks!

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
You should be able to change it to Adv within the first four or so weeks!
Oh awesome then, I might just do that!
How do my subjects scale, is 81 easily achievable if I study hard enough? I go to a really crappy school unfortunately :\
The teachers are not too bad but the quality of students isn't brilliant, and the schools ranking is pretty low in the state.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Oh awesome then, I might just do that!
How do my subjects scale, is 81 easily achievable if I study hard enough? I go to a really crappy school unfortunately :\
The teachers are not too bad but the quality of students isn't brilliant, and the schools ranking is pretty low in the state.
Your school ranking won't have any effect on your ATAR. I go to a low ranking school too so don't worry.

dionb2014

HSC
Pretty pro. I hope to be in the same boat as you for math by the end of next year.

JustAnotherGirl

HSC
Legal Studies
Agriculture
Russian
General Maths
Standerd English
Biology
Chemistry

...too many...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)