What subjects is everyone doing for year 11 2012 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Food for thought: Those people who are doing Advance, if you are struggling in Advance drop to Standard. It's better to ace an "easier" subject than flunk in a "harder" subject. From what I have heard, if you get a Band 5 in Standard English, it's equal to a Band 4 in Advance. Like I said, if you are acing Standard but personally if you don't think you can COPE with Advance, then keep Standard.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Food for thought: Those people who are doing Advance, if you are struggling in Advance drop to Standard. It's better to ace an "easier" subject than flunk in a "harder" subject. From what I have heard, if you get a Band 5 in Standard English, it's equal to a Band 4 in Advance. Like I said, if you are acing Standard but personally if you don't think you can COPE with Advance, then keep Standard.
I, and everyone else on this forum, would probably disagree with you (unless you're really not enjoying Advanced English and really struggling to cope with the work in the course). Advanced English is far more rewarding and teaches you a larger volume of content, thereby teaching you a greater variety of concepts, textual ideas and techniques.

HSC
Uni Grad
I, and everyone else on this forum, would probably disagree with you (unless you're really not enjoying Advanced English and really struggling to cope with the work in the course). Advanced English is far more rewarding and teaches you a larger volume of content, thereby teaching you a greater variety of concepts, textual ideas and techniques.
Not saying the texts etc in Advance ARE bad though. I think some of the texts that you do in Advance I wish I could study to be honest. But I agree with you with the part with not enjoying & failing Advance part.

RedDeadMaddie

HSC
Advanced English
Advanced Math
Geography
Legal Studies
Software Design & Development
Tourism & Events, or Drama if the timetable works out badly :(

ZeeZee3

HSC
-Extension 1 English
-Extension 1 Mathematics
-Physics
-Ancient History
-Music 2

HSC
Mine have finally been confirmed! :) So I'm doing
- Advanced English
- Extension English
- Studies of Religion 1 unit
- Mathematics 2 unit
- Pdhpe
- Modern History
- Drama
- Sports, Lifetstyle and Recreation (year 11 only :( )

kfnmpah

HSC
I'm doing:
standard english
2unit maths
drama
music 1
1u religion
Biology

i really want to get into adv. science(maths)/teaching. i don't really study much but I always pass my exams, do you think i can get >95?

Lina3

HSC
Mathematics
Mathematics Ext.
English Advanced
English Extension
Ancient History
Physics
Music 2
Russian Background Speakers

yep, a pretty full plate. I am expecting to drop some by year 12.

CallanT

HSC
Maths Ext 1
English Advanced
SOR 1 (Compulsory)
Chemistry
Business Studies
Accounting
PDHPE

Want to drop PDHPE for Physics.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Small bit of advice for prelim 2012ers:
- chillax with your subjects. the amount of people that change their subjects and drop levels is staggering. your not locked into your subjects (well, maybe at some schools).
- dont be worried if you have 13/14 units..its really not that bad but if it does become too much, dropping subjects is all too easy.
- prelim is fun. its the first year you can get rid of the subjects you detest (bar english for some, and bar religion for some). enjoy your free reign over your subject choice and don't worry if you bomb out in prelim because you have a completely clean slate in year 12 :D

MiseryParade

HSC
Preliminary: 12 units
Extension Maths (3)
Extension English (3)
Physics (2)
Chemistry (2)
Economics (2)

HSC: 14 units
Extension 2 Maths (4)
Extension 2 English (4)
Physics (2)
Chemistry (2)
Economics (2)

Goodbye PDHPE and geography; I hope I shall never have to see either of you ever again in this life.

12 units next year, but since I'm taking both extensions in Year 12, it'll be quite a challenge to maintain 14 units as my HSC subjects. I don't know what to drop either, if I were to drop a subject, since I've picked subjects I'm genuinely good at and interested in.

Any opinions BoS? D:<

Examine

same
HSC
Extension Maths
Extension English
Economics
Legal Studies
Business Studies

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Extension Maths (3)
Extension English (3)
Physics (2)
Chemistry (2)
Economics (2)

HSC: 14 units
Extension 2 Maths (4)
Extension 2 English (4)
Physics (2)
Chemistry (2)
Economics (2)

Goodbye PDHPE and geography; I hope I shall never have to see either of you ever again in this life.

12 units next year, but since I'm taking both extensions in Year 12, it'll be quite a challenge to maintain 14 units as my HSC subjects. I don't know what to drop either, if I were to drop a subject, since I've picked subjects I'm genuinely good at and interested in.

Any opinions BoS? D:<
Give it to the end of year 11. Guaranteed by then, you'll work out which are your best subjects, which is your worst, and you might find that you detest one of the ones you've chosen. Don't be too worried about your HSC subjects just yet. If you can cope with the workload, that's good..if not, by the end of next year you'll know which one you should drop.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a great subject, still need practice on the extended response verbs though. :L (Describing instead of evaluating)
Do you happen to have any notes for prelim and HSC Business Studies and Economics?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)