What subjects is everyone doing for year 11 2012 (2 Viewers)

Pfortune35

HSC
Pfort here

Physics
Chemisty
english advanced + extension
software design (kind of regretting)
studies of religon 1 (like a good catholic boy)
Maths + extention (hsc course for both)

^ so yeah its a pretty textbook asian combo, good to see
plenty of people are doing similar subjects

Examine

same
HSC
Do you happen to have any notes for prelim and HSC Business Studies and Economics?
Didn't concentrate in prelims, so I don't have any notes. Since I'm doing Business Studies HSC in Year 11 I'll give you my notes when its done. Expect 150+ pages of syllabus.

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Preliminary: 12 units
Extension Maths (3)
Extension English (3)
Physics (2)
Chemistry (2)
Economics (2)

HSC: 14 units
Extension 2 Maths (4)
Extension 2 English (4)
Physics (2)
Chemistry (2)
Economics (2)

Goodbye PDHPE and geography; I hope I shall never have to see either of you ever again in this life.

12 units next year, but since I'm taking both extensions in Year 12, it'll be quite a challenge to maintain 14 units as my HSC subjects. I don't know what to drop either, if I were to drop a subject, since I've picked subjects I'm genuinely good at and interested in.

Any opinions BoS? D:<
In the course of Yr 11, you will probably find a subject you are weaker/don't enjoy as much as the others. One will not be all you envisaged.
It's best to just do Yr 11 and then consider extensions. I tried to go into Yr 11 with notions of doing this extension and that, I should have let Yr 11 play out and then seen.
Seeing you are keen on maths and eng, you probably will pick up the 2 extensions, or at least one 4u extension. So you'll prob drop one of your three other 2us. Yeah I wouldn't reccomend 14 units for HSC, but in 9 months, if you're still stuck what to drop (which I doubt) you could try it for a little.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
HAHA nah I really like music, but I don't think I'm good enough at it to take it D;
Same happened with my friend but they ended up loving the subjects they did chose and didn't look back so don't worry about it too much. As long as you still love music! :D

Lina3

HSC
HAHA nah I really like music, but I don't think I'm good enough at it to take it D;
Music 1 is the easier course I heard, some people I know are taking it and they cannot even read music. However,at the end of the day it is up to you what subjects you choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)