• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What to combine with Law? (1 Viewer)

HarlowAudrey

HSC
I have no idea what I want to combine my law degree with.

Bachelor of Arts (Behavioural Science)
Bachelor of Communications and Media
Bachelor of International Studies

I suppose it would help if I knew what my long term career goals were but I don't so I want to pick something that will benefit me but also be enjoyable to study.

Not interested in commerce, engineering or science.

Opinions?

Proteus

HSC

Option 1 may be useful in Criminal & litigation (which is basically going to court and 'fighting') and would probably be one of those *interesting to know* kind of subjects

Option 2 could be useful if you are looking into media / copyright laws and perhaps possibly working for a media company as an in house lawyer

Option 3 is learning about culture , history and arts of other countries, it may be useful if you want to work abroad, but I'm not too sure.

The 3 could be interesting if they are your passion, but it could be a nightmare if you really aren't interested.

In all, if I was the one picking

I'd go

B Comm. Med. > B Int'l Studies/ BA (BS)

Simply because I have interest in media, performing media, radio, television related field.

Sorry if I'm not of any help, I''m a first semester combined LLB + B Commerce student and so far enjoying the law side of things

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I have no idea what I want to combine my law degree with.

I suppose it would help if I knew what my long term career goals were but I don't so I want to pick something that will benefit me but also be enjoyable to study.

Not interested in commerce, engineering or science.

Opinions?
imo, keep Law by itself if you don't know

that way you get dem free electives

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I don't think you can keep it by itself unless you do the course at UTS or via graduate entry. I could be wrong though.

OP, do which ever interests you the most. I think the post made by Proteus is a good indiction as to the possible routes you can take with each combination, but ultimately you're going to have to choose something you will hold your interest.

HarlowAudrey

HSC
I've got one year of a B of Psychology which I enjoyed but in the end decided it wasn't for me.

If I combine with Behavioural Science I can probably get some credit which would be great.

Thank you for the advice everyone!

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
imo, keep Law by itself if you don't know

that way you get dem free electives
Most undergraduate law schools in NSW are combined with a notable exception, UTS, or you could do a Juris Doctor.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Go Criminology... soooooo much fun... I remember doing heaps of Criminology electives back in my Bachelor of Social Science days... loved every minute...

Last edited:

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi,

At UWS you can combine law with Arts, Social Science, Communications, Economics, Business and Commerce, Business and Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership) and Science.

For more information on these combined programs, please visit our Future Students page: future.uws.edu.au.

Best regards, UWS Course Info.

SandMulls

HSC
N/A
Perhaps courses related to information technology can help. copyright laws are fertile grounds for litigation these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)