What to do when you're broken hearted? (1 Viewer)

Yarg

HSC
meet a shitload of new people, hang out, smoke ganja, drink booze, work, rape her... i mean, find someone else.

alien

HSC
go out with other friends, like a totally different group to the one he/she is in. and then you'll realise you can have fun without him/her. sometimes it just takes time too.

Auto Wah

yeah thanks guys, i went out today with friends and some new people, felt a lot better. Babydoll is totally right about keeping myself busy. When i have too much time to sit around that's when all the pain comes back.
Yeah now i'm just gonna find stuff to do until i get over her or maybe she'll change her mind.
I know for sure that we'll go out again soon, maybe not just the two of us but with more people. I'm a little confused right now, Should i avoid her? I really want to see her but you know. Is it possible that girl's feelings takes a little more time to develop than guys? maybe i should give her more time to think things over and the fun we had while we were together.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Auto Wah said:
yeah thanks guys, i went out today with friends and some new people, felt a lot better. Babydoll is totally right about keeping myself busy. When i have too much time to sit around that's when all the pain comes back.
Yeah now i'm just gonna find stuff to do until i get over her or maybe she'll change her mind.
I know for sure that we'll go out again soon, maybe not just the two of us but with more people. I'm a little confused right now, Should i avoid her? I really want to see her but you know. Is it possible that girl's feelings takes a little more time to develop than guys? maybe i should give her more time to think things over and the fun we had while we were together.
try to ignore her. well dont actively do it but just try to keep her out of your mind and be around your mates- if you start hanging around her heaps shes going to get cranky that u dont leave her alone. and its most possible that if you try to ignore her she's going to be all "ahh i want you back" IF thats going to happen.
but good on you for trying to move on. i think thats the best thing. dont hold on for what might happen, focus on other stuff. girls are really not worth getting yourself in a mess over, and thats coming from a girl

Auto Wah

again thanks for all of you trying to help, i've read all of your replies and i think now i know what to do. I'm just going to stay away from her for a short period of time for things to cool off a little bit. Even if i spend tiime with her i won't act too obvious, just treat her like a good friend. When the time comes i'll ask her again, if she still feels the same way about me then i think it's time to move on. It's not easy but sometimes that's just the way it is, i'll try and learn to live with it.
Without your help i'll be lost and trapped in horror. So thanks guys!!!!

wanton-wonton

HSC
Auto Wah said:
Do you drink every night just to try and escape the pain?
or do you wait until that feeling is over?
talk to someone about it?

what do you do?
Fuck it's going to kill me
Play guitar.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
dont ask her out again unless you're certain she likes you
like certain certain
because just asking for the hell of it shows you've gotten nowhere really

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
treat her like an acquaintance, nothing more nothing less.

Edit: I haven't read all of the posts but if she rejected you once, don't be a chum and ask again.

Last edited:

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
I think that if you really love her, excommunicating yourself from her is not a good idea because itll make you feel even more shit. If she 'just wants to be friends', then just be friends and keep loving her- she'll either come around or she won't but at least you won't have lost the relationship.

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
miaomiao said:
I think that if you really love her, excommunicating yourself from her is not a good idea because itll make you feel even more shit. If she 'just wants to be friends', then just be friends and keep loving her- she'll either come around or she won't but at least you won't have lost the relationship.
Bad idea. Really bad idea.

Dude, just give up and find other chicks already. You'll feel better provided you don't blow it a second time.

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
Well i know exactly how you feel ... the same thing is happening to me at present so i shall provide advise first hand.
* Talking about it is good ... but be careful not to talk about it too much because it can just upset you even more (if you are anything like me talking about it can often lead to crying for the remainder of the day)
* Keep busy ... it is when you are not occupied that these bad feelings come back to haunt you
* Definiately spend as much time with your friends as possible ... real friends will always try to help you out as best as possible ... and generally it is not their problem so you will generally act happy around them ... and sometimes acting happy leads you to feeling a little happy (well momentarily anyway)
*Meeting new people sounds like a great idea ... (that is probably why i am most excited about start uni this year) ... it would definatly be a way to keep your mind off of things ... and perhaps someone special will come out from the midst that will make you feel that warm fussy happiness inside (well that is what i am hoping for)

Anyways this is probably just agreeing with what all the other guys have said ... but i just want you to know that is does work (to a certain extent). As long as you keep trying and never give in you sould see yourself starting to smile and be happy again. Because i am slowly getting there.

I don't know your circumstances so it is a bit hard for me to make any clear comment.... personally i broke up (no sorry he broke up with me) with my boyfriend of three and a half years about two and a half months ago ... and it still hurts like hell.
But depending on your relationship i believe you should try and stay friends to that there is a greater chance of that relationship you now yearn for will be re-kindled ....

So I wish you luck and i hope i could be of assisstance...if you need someone to talk to please feel free to contact me ... i will be happy to help ... that is one thing that makes me feel good about myself again ... knowing i can help others ... and to see that my actions make others happy.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
miaomiao said:
yeah i wouldn't suggest doing this either.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Why is it a bad idea? I'm sure he's mature enough to maintain a friendship with the girl even if its nothing more than that.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Because a friendship will not lead to another relationship with her. If he wants her back (I think you should try someone else) then he should go cold turkey on her for a bit. But if he wants to move on to other girls (good idea!) then he can become friends.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
id go kick her ass..and go wtf u dumb bitch
and then poke her in the eye with ur cock..

actually dont do that....it doesnt work

dont we all just wallow in self pity for about 3 days and move on??

Auto Wah

haha you guys are awesome, i'm not that sad anymore, totally getting over it. I'm never going to call her again, if she wants to remain friends then we'll just be friends.
I just went out and spend shit loads of money and i'm totally happy afterwards. That sadness have faded away, i thought i was gonna be depressed for at least a week but you know, i guess boys are never meant to be wimps. Can't wait to go out and meet other people and hopefully find someone that will be worth all my effort!!!

ChrisE

HSC
listen to a dashboard confessional album....wait that would probabaly make you feel worse.

but seriously, music is the best emotional outlet, you obviously play guitar from ur avatar so let it out on your gibson, write something or listen to a really emotional song, it helps get those bad emotions out. and shopping helps big time, im a guy and do it when im bored or down. whoever said money cant buy happiness is full of shit.

Auto Wah

ChrisE said:
listen to a dashboard confessional album....wait that would probabaly make you feel worse.

but seriously, music is the best emotional outlet, you obviously play guitar from ur avatar so let it out on your gibson, write something or listen to a really emotional song, it helps get those bad emotions out. and shopping helps big time, im a guy and do it when im bored or down. whoever said money cant buy happiness is full of shit.
haha, you know how many times i've heard shitty bands and wanted to kill myself?
Yeah, i've played guitar a lot lately, trying to learn some classical stuff cuz it sounds really cool. I'll probably write a couple of songs about this experience. I used to listen to "wimp" rock and it never really made much sense to me until now. I'm glad the sadness is gone and i'm trying to stay away from alcohol for a short period of time. Just to get myself back on track, alcohol have a way of hijacking your emotion.
Right now all i wanna do is write a song, already got a few chords looping in my head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)