What to pack for studying in school holidays overseas? (1 Viewer)

Mattlimey

HSC
I'm going overseas for the whole big school summer holidays this year until 2014 when we come back to school. What should I pack for study equipment? I have assignments over the school holidays as well and internet overseas will be limited. I know I will bring all my books, text books, photocopies of info and stationary. But I would just like to know If I'm missing out on other things as well.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
I'm going overseas for the whole big school summer holidays this year until 2014 when we come back to school. What should I pack for study equipment? I have assignments over the school holidays as well and internet overseas will be limited. I know I will bring all my books, text books, photocopies of info and stationary. But I would just like to know If I'm missing out on other things as well.
ensure you take all necessary textbooks but revision textbooks/notes are much easier to revise over than an entire textbook, also ensure you read your syllabus and ask teachers what topics you will study in the beginning of '14 and thus you can limit your material to specific areas of study. finally ensure you have a workbook and notepad for each subject and maybe a folder/binder?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Smarter idea:
Don't bring full textbooks. Just photocopy all the sections you need or store them in an e-mail in Sky-drive.
I suggest that you should take stationary as well.
I remember taking a small book, a 4-page photocopy of a textbook and pen with me to camp to do some work if it rained.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
how will you have time to study overseas?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think bringing a laptop would also be preferable, and of course, don't forget the charger:) Because assignments usually have to be typed up-so a laptop is a pretty handy thing to have:) -and if the internet overseas is limited-then perhaps copy-paste relevant website information with their URLs and download relevant pdf documents-so that you can sift through the information when you don't have the internet-enjoy your trip:)(but don't forget the study hard of course:))

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Do you have a laptop/tablet or some other device to store pdfs on? If your textbooks have electronic copies, consider using a laptop or something I guess.

Edit: damn, got beaten by strawberrye :p

dinomyte

HSC
I think a tablet with electronic pdfs of your textbooks would be best. It's so small and portable so you can free up some of the suitcase space. I take my ipad to the library to study so I don't need to lug all my textbooks from school ^^

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
seems like technological devices are what most people suggest. Use dropbox

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
If you bring a tablet/laptop, load all your textbooks onto it, if possible so you don't have that extra baggage to pay for (if you go over!)

If possible, try and get all your assignments done before you go on holiday so you don't have to do as much and you can actually enjoy your holidays!! :)

BTW, where are you going? I'm going on holidays too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)